It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU prove to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Okay lets get straight to the point, Christians believe in God for many various reasons however lets hear how you KNOW God exists ?

How do you know for definate that God exists and why do you believe in him?

Christian or not, we are all human beings and as such that means we are all susceptible to human emotions and thoughts.. this includes lying, hatred and possibly adultery. All things classed as wrong by the bible ...

I'll make the challenge know, no one on here can answer me and provide definate evidence of God's existance... You might say "I know he is real because of ..." but in all fairness being straight thats like me saying I know the tooth fairy is real because I found some money under my pillar.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
you are not gonna get an answer. this thread is ridiculous because im 95% sure you just started it to ruffle feathers.

faith is in human nature. to be human is to have faith. faith will lead you to god. but common sense is in their too. someone with alot of common sense will say that god can not exist. yet someone with alot of faith will say how can he not

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why do people even bother with this concept at all.

You or anybody else who tries to prove or disprove the existence of God is an idiot.

It can't be done, and I'll gladly tell you why.

The forces of creation, holy or not, are FAR too complex and intricate for our small feeble minds to understand, let alone attempt to interpret.

God as we know it, is simply an explanation for things we do not yet understand. You cannot possibly fathom God or even understand it on the most basic of levels because of the following.

We do not know how everything works in this world, in our plane of existance. We do not know where the soul is located, how it works, what the afterlife is, how our bodies function the way they do (100% I mean), therefore attempted to understand what created all of this is stupid.

You can't understand the creator until you understand the creation folks.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

The problem with proving God is that it by definition nulls freedom of choice. If following God was logical, and God made humans logical, then they would be enslaved to the logical conclusino of God. Since it is not logical, there is a logical choice. Get me? To clarify, I've recently left christianity to worship Jesus.

edit: call me crazy, but i just surprised myself with this answer. Assumptions are aneathema to truth.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by heyo]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Okay lets get straight to the point, Christians believe in God for many various reasons however lets hear how you KNOW God exists ?

How do you know for definate that God exists and why do you believe in him?

Christian or not, we are all human beings and as such that means we are all susceptible to human emotions and thoughts.. this includes lying, hatred and possibly adultery. All things classed as wrong by the bible ...

I'll make the challenge know, no one on here can answer me and provide definate evidence of God's existance... You might say "I know he is real because of ..." but in all fairness being straight thats like me saying I know the tooth fairy is real because I found some money under my pillar.

First of all, this thread is obviously in the wrong forum. EDIT: Looks like the mods agreed with me and put this thread in the correct forum.

Secondly, How do you know for sure that God doesn't exist?

Thirdly, We may be susceptible to lying, hatred and adultery, but we are also capable of compassion, sympathy, and generosity.

Finally, Nobody can provide definite evidence that God does not exist.

This entire thread is the same tired old drivel. The evolutionists against the Christians. Nobody can prove God, or any divine being exists, just like nobody can prove that one doesn't exist. Until such a time comes that there is actual evidence to prove or disprove the existence of a God, this entire argument will serve no purpose.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by bronco73]

new topics

top topics

join