It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect DNA person

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Was watching a show today on mummies , and the tracking of their origin by DNA. Certain "errors" in the code can be tracked to different regions. So what would a human look like with no "errors" and perfect DNA? Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by christopherledwards

They wouldnt be human.

I don't think its possible to have perfect human DNA.

We are a hybrid man/part monkey/part alien IMO.

To many mutations and altering, I just can't see a perfect homo sapiens appearing anytime soon. Good question though.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You can't have perfect DNA because with every birth, DNA is changed to meet the needs of the current situation.

Evolution is a trial and error system, where some people are born with defects that life is trying out and others a born with things that further their development. (ie webed feet)

To have perfect DNA would result in something that is completely un-human and would not be able to survive in an environment that is constantly changing.

There would be no room to adapt for this person, therefore the DNA strand would die off for lack of diversity and the inability to adapt as I stated.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
LeeLoo

I agree

but dude, you could have posted a better picture.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

DAMNIT you beat me to that!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
LeeLoo

Multipass!
Bwhaha!

You'd end up with a being that is entirely static in a biologic sense. A "perfect" human wouldn't have been exposed to any diseases, probably not have the basic bacteria we rely on in our body to effectively survive.

And beyond that. like all things, perfection is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You can't have perfect DNA because with every birth, DNA is changed to meet the needs of the current situation.

Evolution is a trial and error system, where some people are born with defects that life is trying out and others a born with things that further their development. (ie webed feet)

To have perfect DNA would result in something that is completely un-human and would not be able to survive in an environment that is constantly changing.

There would be no room to adapt for this person, therefore the DNA strand would die off for lack of diversity and the inability to adapt as I stated.

~Keeper

well lets use our imaginations for a second .. if we can..

and imagine a specific coded array of chromosomes that have within them the necessary arrangement for being completely resistant to any type of damage, their codons completely "capped" by say.. gold..
or linked to one another in a loop..

where no damage could occur.. and all necessary adaptations are thought out already.. and implemented.

you can't tell me that's impossible.. such an arrangement DOES exist.
whether we discover it in a billion years of 100 yrs.. makes no difference.. the fact is that it's not impossible.. and will be discovered or invented.

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

That is possible, but you fail to connect the fact that we would require a completely static world as well. Everything would need to be perfect, every plant and every animal.

You see we are the bi-product of our environment, there is no way to keep the environment from changing, therefore no way to implement the necessary adaptions.

Furthermore we would not be able to look into the future to see what possible threats lie in wait for our civilization as far as biology is concerned.

Besides any foreign type thing done to manipulate our DNA with gold or any other substance would be subject to our own anti-bodies and the ability for our current selves to adapt to the newly created DNA.

~Keeper

[edit on 2/21/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

That is possible, but you fail to connect the fact that we would require a completely static world as well. Everything would need to be perfect, every plant and every animal.

You see we are the bi-product of our environment, there is no way to keep the environment from changing, therefore no way to implement the necessary adaptions.

Furthermore we would not be able to look into the future to see what possible threats lie in wait for our civilization as far as biology is concerned.

Besides any foreign type thing done to manipulate our DNA with gold or any other substance would be subject to our own anti-bodies and the ability for our current selves to adapt to the newly created DNA.

~Keeper

[edit on 2/21/2009 by tothetenthpower]

you missed my point.

what i'm saying is that in the creation of perfect DNA.. all the obstacles that you're portraying are obvious issues that would come into play and be thought out and overcome.

there need not be a static environment.

what i'm sayin gis that a perfect DNA could e found.. somewhere in eternity.. it's not impossible.. no matter how many issues you bring up.. in the infinite future.. we'd have methods of overcoming them and solutions to implement into the genome to eventually conquer all issues and live forever in immortal pure perfect dna that doesnt even NEED to adapt.. because it's been designed by us to not be affected by a changing environment..

i mean disagree all you want..

but in the infinite future.. with enough minds and enough centuries of working on it.. we'd fin a perfect version that solves ANY problem you come to challenge it with..

antibodies shmantibodies.. the genenome itself would be changed to use them to our advantage and not to our disadvantage as to how we're designing this perfect dna.

you keep the mentality of "CAN'T" ...

i do not.

every hurdle would be leaped successfully.. eventually leading us to perfection..

i find your lack of vision disturbing.

-

[edit on 21-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'm sorry I didn't intend this conversation to take a hostile tone.

You're trying to make the point that it is possible, I already said it was, my point is that it is highly "improbable" based on the fact that you can't create anything that is "perfect" without first having perfected everything else that would co-exist or be a force that would possibly change such a thing.

There are negatives to every positive, a balance. Immortality is not something that humans will reach on their own, unless we become robots with the creation of nano-tech among other things.

But to remain truly human and become a "perfect" species devout of defects, disease and having a composition that trumps environmental change isn't very logical at all.

Nothing can be created that will withstand to ALL things. The reason why we can't do that is we cannot forsee what kind of things would be a danger to our newly developped strand of DNA

I agree that yes someday we may create a perfect DNA for the situation that we are in at that exact moment in time. But it would need to be changed constantly to account for various changes and situations that woudl arise in the future.

How would you're perfect DNA protect you against the flooding of earth? It would not. You would perish unless you could magically grow gills and breathe underwater. That would require a complete change of DNA, we would need to create that DNA in order to survive therefore it can NEVER be truly perfect if we must continually change it.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Good points. Now to throw a curve ball, this is ATS btw! What if the more our DNA is refined we begin to look like peoples perception of an alien? Smooth, with big eyes, etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by christopherledwards

Then we would understand how and why aliens look the way they do. (our vision of them that way anyway)

I would not be surprised to find out that alien species have been messing with they're genetic code and DNA, it would only make sense for them to attempt to better themselves through their research and technology.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
"Perfection" is in the eye of the beholder. I get the feeling though, that you are asking about someone who possesses no mutations. Statistically, it's virtually impossible. Each and every one of us is accumulating mutations as we live and breathe (due to free radical damage, for instance). Even if someone were to be born without so much as a single base pair change from the genes they inherited from their parents (let's say, for argument's sake), they wouldn't stay that way for very long. Those who carry recessive genes are also carrying evidence of much older mutations in addition to less obvious new ones (which may be more difficult to detect unless they lead to pathology).

Mutations do not make us imperfect; rather, they contribute to the diverse pool of novel adaptations our species must periodically rely on to ensure its survival (when environmental selection pressures change). While we can't ever attain perfection, we are better equipped to strive towards it as a species because of our collective mutations.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There was abductee that i heard about a couple of months ago. I remember his name was Ricky, and he said that he was abducted, taken to a giant mother ship behind the moon. And had some examinations done and was shown some things. He said that one of the things that the Ets showed him was what he calls "pure humans".

Pure Humans

He says that he saw a group of them working on some controls on the ship. They are basically there as a insurance policy. If anything was to happen to Earth that would cause all humans on earth to die, they would be the back up plan. And i guess in the future if we don't die, they will be brought down to earth to help the regular humans.

In another interview he did, he says that they looked just like regular humans. The thing that made them pure was that they had no genetic flaws. For example, lets say that your family has a history of heart problems. Now you may or may not have heart problems in your life, but who is to say that your children, or your children children will not inherit those heart problems. You still have the genetic disorder or gene for those heart problems even if you don't have them.

These pure humans do not have any genetic disorders. They a clean and without any genetic problems...perfect! and they look just like your regular human being.

He goes into it a bit more in the interview down here:

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Humans have most of the same errors as other primates, same as we share most of the same functional DNA; the further back you go, the less errors we have in common with other life.

Not only was there never a person with a perfect genome, we probably don't even have a meaningful definition for what that even means. A person with a couple extra endogenous retrovirus insertions isn't any different from one without them. Most mutations don't change anything that matters. Chances are, there isn't a preferred code for many "junk" parts of DNA; but they need to be there anyway.

A person without the "junk" DNA would be worse off than one with it. Even if a piece of DNA really has no genetic function at all (unlikely; there are mechanisms for gene expression that aren't fully understood.), it still provides a buffer against radiation and other mutations, reducing the chances of cancer.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by mdiinican]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I read something once where they tried to map out in a lab the perfect DNA with no problems ever occurring.
And they found as they fixed one problem, it created 10 more.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think we can all learn a little from the movie Gattica. you start f^cking with genes and pretty soon the unmodified are the new "unclean".
i prefer the gentle change that comes with meditation and wisdom than something to be altered with drugs or scalpels.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
are we talking about junk DNA Here?

<<   2 >>

join