It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon: Right-to-Carry Reform Bill to be Heard on Tuesday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Oregon: Right-to-Carry Reform Bill to be Heard on Tuesday!

www.nraila.org

This important legislation will not only grant persons holding out-of-state permits the right to carry a concealed handgun in Oregon - it will also increase the number of states in which Oregon Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHL) are legally recognized.

Please contact the House Judiciary Committee and urge them to support HB 2463. Let them know that 37 different states offer some form of reciprocity or recognition for out-of-state carry licenses and Oregon should join them!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is a local story talking about recognizing concealed carry permits issued in other states, in the state of Oregon!

Maybe not a huge deal to many, but even a small success when it comes to 2nd amendment rights is a HUGE success for all of our freedom in general. Hey, if passed it just adds to the amounts of freedoms that would have to be stripped, before we lost the right to arm ourselves completely.

We need to be keeping an eye on all of our gun laws, like many on ATS have been. Bravo for that.

Would be cool if concealed handgun permits issued anywhere, were recognized and respected EVERYWHERE.

www.nraila.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
HEY!!COOL!!! I didnt hear about this yet!!

I live out by Mt.Hood, Portland is just about 20 mins away.

Thanks for posting this.....Is there an e-mail address you can give for me to send my support? What do I need to do?

S&F!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Man, its hard to live in such a liberal state when you are not liberal. Most of the time, Im shaking my head in disbelief at the things that our state does. Hearing things like this definately makes me smile, though!

Im hoping that Oregon will be next on the band wagon for declairing sovereignty!! I guess I cant hope for too much all at once, one step at a time!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

Hey, we are in complete agreement there! I am all for more reforms like this one.

Hey, 37 states are already ahead of us on this one. As for support, a bunch of the state representatives' contact info is on the link provided, and you can contact NRA to thank them for bringing attention to issues like this constantly.

As for state sovereignty, I would only hope someday... maybe if enough people contact the representatives... I have little hope in that though, considering how liberal the state is. But hey, even Washington got in on that action, so never know.

join