It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the nicest place you have ever visited?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
There are just so many places to see in this world many well known but im absolutely convinced that the lesser known places are by far the best ones.

So what is the nicest place that you have ever visited well known or not?

would be awesome if you guys could provide pics to those places aswell.

[edit on 21/2/2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

For me it's some woodland near my home, when it's a sunny day the paths are so bright and lovely.

And excellent place to just take a long walk, especially if you have things to mull over in your head.

As time allows, I shall provide some pictures...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I grew up on the shores of Lake Superior, my favourite place was a little island made when they were dredging some areas in the mouth of the great lake.

Here is a pic.

It's totally uninhabited/untouched and was a great place for picnics and hiding out.

Peace

[edit on 21-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

[edit on 21-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
For me the best place I ever visited was an island that was remote enough to be alone and close enough to do a beer run.
On a side note that was also my first ufo sighting as well.
Since then I have found a few more islands to go to and they are the best places I have visited.
There is nothing better then being alone on an island with time to think and not be interrupted by anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would have to say Sedona, AZ. I've been all over the US, and have been to Ireland.. but other than that I haven't been too many places

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
For me it has to be Israel, the entire country, not any particular place. Israel is one beautiful place! Of course if you are 50+ the place to be is Jerusalem. The swinging place (New York of Israel) would be Tel Aviv.

[edit on 2/21/2009 by jdposey]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Castaway Cay (Disney's private island in the Bahamas)... Beautiful, uncrowded, and serene...

Can only go there on a Disney cruise...

And the snorkeling is great...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I saw God at the Great Barrier Reef. It was magnificent.

Other than that, I'd say my entire trip to Australia (East Coast) was life-affirming.

I'd love to live in Sydney one day.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have not done anything to extreme yet, but I would just say the whole California area...

In a bit over year, I plan on doing a 6500 road trip around the U.S
That will be the coolest thing I am imagining.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
That is a tough one. Italy is always great but after living there for a year or two it loses the "freshness". Algeria was a amazing place and frankly I love that kind of climate. Algiers is a gorgeous city with some great architecture. I always enjoy the city more than I do the rural areas even though I do enjoy spending weeks out in the woods. Kind of weird huh? Yeah I would have to say Algiers and Milan coming in at second.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Rocky Mountains through British Columbia & Alberta. (Canada)

It was in mid-May of last year that I was traveling through. Beautiful out. T-shirt and shorts. But when you get into the mountains, through Banff, which is a little town smack in the middle, it was terribly cold. Snow everywhere. It was absolutely wild that in a matter of minutes you could go from such a warm climate to such a cold climate. Golf course 20 minutes away were open. But when you got into the mountains, they were closed and still buried in snow.

We went up on a gondola to the top of the mountains and had an amazing view. A beautiful site.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I've visited a good portion of the Kimberly in Northwest WA.

Most memorable was a flight over diamond gorge just after rain.
The peaks are flat on top so they were like waterfalls as the water ran off them...truly amazing!

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have thought and thought about this.............

BUT, I can not pin point ONE place that is the nicest!

It is impossible!

I have been very blessed to have visited many many places around the world.

When I think of the many places, they are all so beautiful and one is not better than the other..... only different.

The Alps in Europe are stunning and magical.... yet the Rockies in the U.S. are gorgeous and magnificent....

Australia is gorgeous - China is amazing, The U.S. is beautiful in all it's different ways.

In other words, our Earth is unbelievably GORGEOUS Everywhere!!

Did I have more "fun" in one place compared to another? Absolutely!!!
I can remember the parties in the Virgin Islands/Caribbean - jamming out with Jimmy Buffett on the beach.... living and skiing in the Alps of Austria.... partying like no tomorrow there.

BUT .... as hard as I have tried, there is no way, I can put a "nicest" label on any one place.

The beauty of our Earth is stunning with snap shot memories of views and scenery etched into my brain - I always took moments to completely STOP and take in the views and beauty around me everyplace I went.... to remember them in my very being and become part of my soul.

I can now sit back and be transported to the places around the world by my etching them in my memory.

I love our Earth................. everywhere is the NICEST!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Holy Cow...ok I am not a Christian and this is NOT NOT NOT to flame or incite...

But in France near Versailles there is a castle. I went there and took a picture of a place called the Well of Last Hope

Essentially when the Christians sects were torturing non-Christians they would lead them down this massive spiral stair case. Just before the end there is a landing with a small altar. On it is a small cross backlit by candles. This well is near pitch well but the cross' silouhuette shows through this warm yellow light. This was the place where they had one last chance to repent and have a quick death instead of torture.

I snapped a shot and so help me I will find it and post it...it's truly beautiful

Now they use it for prayer if someone wants to stop there and do so

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The nicest place i have ever visited has to be Montana .. i was born and grew up in England which has some amazing places but when i went to Montana i was blown away by the beauty, we'd go up in the mountains with a boat and stay on the massive lakes for hours. I'd recommend anyone go to Montana .. !!

Satellite1

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I was real lucky and had a vacation I'd always dreamed about. I drove across the States from Boston to Seattle and saw some truly stunning scenery.The highlight was Yellowstone without a doubt and to stand on a supervolcano was truly amazing.Coming out of the badlands I also found amazing---after hours of frankly pretty bland landscape to the surreal terrain that followed. The worst place on the trip I'm afraid was Chicago but that is for a worst place thread!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Bitterroot Mtns. near Missoula, Montana.

Climbed up a mountain side, got the top(not a huge mtn), looked down and saw a small hidden valley, with streams, etc. Saw a few moose around too. Beautfiul country, though there are dangers of course(bears,etc).

EDIT: I agree satellite1

[edit on 2-4-2009 by dragonking76]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am currently in Sicily and this island is truly the most beautiful and wonderful place I can have the good fortune to live in for a while, I joke about retiring here but there is some truth in that, I would love to be able to - or at least own a vacation home here.

I can't wait to see the rest of Europe and plan to over the next few years.

Australia, my home, I miss it so
It is truly a stunning country, from city to city and everywhere in between that I have been able to see is magnificent. I cannot wait to get back and experience more of it.

I am fond of many places in the world, many in the US and Asia also but I can't quite describe what Sicily has done for me, to me. It's just that incredible

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In my childhood and early adulthood I lived in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

Estes Park, Colorado

Living in the mountains was the best. I miss it terribly. I feel like I have been kicked out of heaven anywhere else I go.

I want so badly to return, someday I will.

/c5kb98 some pictures for ya

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Has to be the Rockies in Canada. I think there is nothing in the world that can beat the Canadian landscape!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join