It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth's 'Atlantis' Just A Data Glitch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Google Earth's 'Atlantis' Just A Data Glitch

www.informationweek.com

London's tabloid The Sun on Friday published screenshots from Google Earth showing what resembles a city street grid on the ocean floor west of Morocco, in an area known as the Madeira Abyssal plane.

According to The Sun, the site in question lies at the coordinates 31°15'15.53" N, 24°15'30.53" W.

Google said the area mentioned in The Sun article reflects a mixture of bathymetric data from sonar and satellite altimetry, which provides an estimate of the ocean floor topography based on wave height. The intersection of these two data sets, which don't align perfectly, is what produces the appearance of a street grid.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Isn't this Atlantis thing one of the top stories on ATS at the moment? Guess I am glad I avoided the Atlantis threads... heh.

Anyway, yeah. Nothing to see here, people. Would have been a rather awesome find though. Unless some people will think that Google is lying, and covering up something that is there and real?

www.informationweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Wow, how about that... The posts within that one popular thread that cited sources that provided abundant evidence turned out to be right. Nice post.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesisUnless some people will think that Google is lying, and covering up something that is there and real?

Google doesn't lie.

especially about topics that have clandestine history-altering national security impact.

nor do they collude with intelligence agencies.

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
Google doesn't lie.
especially about topics that have clandestine history-altering national security impact.

You have to be kidding me right?

You do know who runs Google right?

You have to be being sarcastic surely?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

Originally posted by prevenge
Google doesn't lie.

You have to be kidding me right?

You do know who runs Google right?

You have to be being sarcastic surely?

i don't follow you....

google is our trusting friend.
they love us.
everybody knows this.

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

I think he's having us on mate

CX

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Just a glitch, nothing to see?

In other words someone just found a secret base lol.

CX.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, I have no opinion on this either way. I have been hopeful many times, then disappointed.

I know it's actually totally possible that there could be a city under the water... It's possible Google can accidently show it, and possible further that they can lie about it being there.

Hey, they also know none of us can actually go over there and check it out ourselves, ya know?

It would seem anyone can say something is anywhere, but we can only take their word for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have said this before on other threads:

Does anyone honestly believe that anything released to the public (Google Earth, Live Earth etc) would not have been reviewed by our own Govt.???

In the name of National Security the images we are privy to have been scanned, filtered, photo-shopped extensively prior to release.

Some will ask "Well...why is Area 51 so clear?" Come on folks. THINK!!!
They are simply giving you what you want...or so you think. Look closely at Area 51...there is some well detailed photography there...and then...some obviously re-touched areas as well...

If the powers that be don't want you and I to see something...We Won't see it! Plain and simple.

top topics

join