It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
First off not sure if this is in the right forum, please move if it isnt.

I was just sitting outside and wondered if christ came 2009 years ago and that if people since then take god as their savior and go to heaven what about those born and living before this time? Are they condemned to hell cause they didnt know God as their savior?

This is one of MANY questions i have and that i believe are worth an answer. My personal belief is that its just another God among others. I'm just curious as to what christians will say about it...if there are scriptures in the bible concerning it...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Jews doesn't believe in Jesus as their Messiah and how much more of a god? To them, the claim of Jesus as the son of God is BLASPHEMY.

The New Testament are replete with accounts which are contradictory to each other and doesn't fit the logic of the events that happened before if one reads it with an investigative approach.

Even archeologists and/or historians can't prove the existence of Jesus. Roman historians haven't mentioned him.

Islam only treat Jesus as a prophet and not a God. So, how come Christianity can claim the divinity of Jesus as godly or the son of God?

Two great religions, coming before and after the birth of Christianity doesn't consider Jesus as a god... how can that be?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Take a look at this photo........
www.bigskyastroclub.org...

That little bitty tiny white dot you see, in between
the two white spacer bars is......... us/Earth.

Now, think - do you honestly think that God would have
created such a massive universe for just Earth?
I doubt it.

Having said that, and being a believer, I can say that God
I am certain has everything under control. The only people
that will not be going to Heaven will be the ones who do not
accept Him as their savior.
Just like newborn babies and younger children - God doesn't
condemn them but He makes clear that he will for the people
that are of an 'accountable' age.

Time is running short I'd say, for this old world.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tasim

Interesting question and I am sure you will receive many different answers. In my belief those who never knew of God will not go to hell. I mean anyone who has never even heard of him. After all its kind of hard to condemn someone who didn’t know.

Now as far as the Jews, if I remember they had different offerings for forgiveness and things like that. They followed strictly followed Gods law. That’s all I have and it’s only my opinions. I hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No, the commandments have always been the same. All anyone has ever had to do is keep the commandments. The problem is, just like today people do not understand what it means. People went around thinking it was ok to kill a man who killed someone, or kill someone who sinned. But they forgot "Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord". There is no such thing as being justified in your actions. So they were being hypocrites, and instead of 1 sin(mistake) it is seen as 2 sins(mistake).

So Jesus comes to fulfill the laws, and bring understanding on how to follow them. How not to be the hypocrite, and he lives his life by the laws as an example. He knows he will be killed, but he also knows the truth so he does it anyway. In hopes that you will follow his example and live by the commandments, a requirement.

The whole Jesus is your savior is mostly a lie in the way it is presented. They say just believe he died for your sins and you are saved. In truth, he says if you believe you will follow and do what he says. So it is by his example and by following that example you are saved.

Laws didn't change, Jesus just gave understanding of them and the easiest way to follow them.

top topics

join