It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1954 Caldbeck UFO Incident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
I do not want to detract from any valid question ..if there is
any significance towards any question with purpose.

I'm sorry but I do not understand your comment.

You do not want to "detract" from any "valid question", but you have not answered my questions.

Are you implying that some or all of my questions were not "valid questions"?

To be clear:

(1) You said your Grandfather gave you fragments of the truth about this purported crash. I asked if you could clarify what he said.

(2) You said you got the information from your Grandfather. I asked:

(a) when you got that information from your Grandfather. Yesterday? 1954?

(b) if your Grandfather said where he got the information/story from.

By the way, your comments in this thread also have the similarities in style that I mentioned above as existing in the (fairly limited) number of posts purportedly by individuals with various names referring to this "crash".

The similarities in the posts relating to this "crash" smack of a hoaxer being frustrated that his creation is not getting the attention that he would like, and attempting to gain more attention...

Please ..can you supply the photographs?

As I mentioned in my post a few minutes ago, I will do so but it may take some time to upload the numerous photos (which, in any event, are not very informative since they only show a few trucks and various individuals).

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 3-12-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

can you please supply thrse photos and are they documented?

you mention ufologists as minor significance

why do you categorise ufologists as major or minor

that`s pretty insulting.....John Keel was a major ufologist

to myself ..but there is a major unravelling of truth and awakening.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

can you please supply thrse photos and are they documented?

What do you mean by "documented"? I'm not sure that word has any real meaning when we are talking about photographs, particularly ones simply circulated on the Internet or by email.

I've taken the time to find and upload one of the images that was circulated by email a few years ago as purportedly being related to the Caldbeck "crash".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f82ae210627.jpg[/atsimg]

Frankly, I do not think it is worth my taking the time involved in uploading the other images. As with the image, the other photos merely show trucks, buildings or individuals that have no obvious relationship with the "crash" story.

In short, the images appear to have been circulated by the hoaxer as a rather lazy but ineffective way of giving the story some sense of reality.

why do you categorise ufologists as major or minor

that`s pretty insulting.....

Um, where did I do this?

Please quote from, or link to, the relevant post.

I referred above to two ufologists as being relatively little known - are you seriously suggesting that all ufologists are equally well known and there aren't any that are relatively little known?

On the basis of the material I have examined in relation to this story during the last few years (and the contact I have had with relevant individuals) it really isn't worth any researcher spending any time on this rather poor hoax.

By the way, you still haven't answered any of the basic questions in my posts above regarding the "truth" you claim you were told by your Grandfather...

[edit on 3-12-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
dear sir. you have posted a photograph of trucks, which are military
by origin. Firstly, can you say that these vehicles are connected to this
1954 UFO event. I WANT TO know WHAT MY grandad 'seen'
and kept secret..I HAVE SEARCHED for 1954 UFO sightings AND THERE
is a multitude of UFO related incidents. France,California England.
Turkey. Greece , ARGENTINA. BRAZIL.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I WANT TO know WHAT MY grandad 'seen'
and kept secret..

Well, "nothing at all" is the obvious response.

You have not provided any answers whatever about anything your "grandad" might have said.

Since all the evidence points towards the Caldbeck ufo "crash" being a pretty obvious and basic hoax created relatively recent by a sole little-known British ufologist (whose identity is indicated by the content of relevant posts on the Internet by the hoaxer), there is no reason to believe (in the absence of any answers to basic and obvious questions) that your "grandad" saw anything at all.

In the absence of answers to those questions, I think all that remains to be said is ... Bye-bye.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
hi I live near the caldbeck crash site and I have worked on this incident for many years now having close contact with some of the people involved Im also sitting with paperwork to prove this ufo crash did happen..........

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
P.S. .........im not a hoaxer I am dedicated to my work and the Caldbeck crash is on my door step. Cumbria is a small area where everyone knows everyone else and what has gone on past and presant Im proud to live here, the info I have has come from the good people of Caldbeck. Something did crash there of unknown origin and was removed from the land, fortunately I recieved important paperwork relating to the crash which I have held (not at home) for the last 10 years.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharoncumbria
P.S. .........im not a hoaxer

Your choice of user name and content of your posts implies, honestly or dishonestly, that you are the ufologist Sharon Larkin of Cumbria that is associated with investigation of this "crash".

Well, if you are indeed Sharon Larkin of Cumbria then I have not suggested that you are the hoaxer behind this "crash" story.

Instead, I think that Sharon Larkin is fairly obviously the target of this hoax.

By the way, it is against the terms and conditions of ATS to impersonate a real person:

2a.) Identity Spoofing: You will not impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

You said:

the info I have

What "info" is that?

You don't actually say...

If you are indeed Sharon Larkin, can you provide references to the articles you have written about this "crash"?

You also said:

has come from the good people of Caldbeck.

What "people"?

You don't actually mention any individuals...

You said:

fortunately I recieved important paperwork relating to the crash which I have held (not at home) for the last 10 years.

That's nice for you...

Can you provide a link to further information and/or copies please?

I have seen references to obvious fakes that circulated a few years ago in relation to this "crash", but not bothered to request them from the researcher that mentioned those documents due to the other clear evidence of a basic hoax...

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 3-1-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Found this interesting document on this thread regarding UFOs,Marylin Monroe and Dorothy Kilgallen -don't know how authentic it is though:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4aa7b4de679a.jpg[/atsimg]

CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
Subject: Marilyn Monroe
Date: 3 August 1962
Report No.: Blocked out
No. Pages: Blocked Out
References: [ROCK DUST?] Project 54

TEXT:
Wiretap of telephone conversation between reporter Dorothy Kilgallen and
[illegible] alone (?) friend Howard Rothberg (A) from wiretap of
telephone conversation [gap] of Marilyn Monroe and Attorney General
Robert Kennedy (B).

Appraisal of Contents: [Blocked Out]

1. Rothberg discussed the apparent [illegible] of subject with Kilgallen
and the [illegible] breakup with the Kennedys. Rothberg told Kilgallen
that she was attending [illegible] Hollywood parties hosted by the
“inner circle” among Hollywood elite and [illegible] and was becoming
the talk of the town again. Rothberg indicated in so many words, that
she had secrets to tell, no doubt, arising from her trists [sic] the
President and the Attorney General. One such [Illegible] mentions visit
by the President at a secret air base for the purpose of Inspecting
things from outer space. Kilgallen replied that she knew what might be
the source of the visit. In the mid-fifties, Kilgallen learned of secret
effort [sic] by US and UK governments to identify [illegible] origins of
crashed spacecraft and dead bodies, from a British government official.
Kilgallen believed the story may have come from the [Illegible] in the
late forties. Kilgallen said if that the story is true, it would
[Illegible] terrible embarrassment [Illegible] Jack and his plans to
have NASA put man on the moon.

2. Subject repeatedly called the Attorney General and complained about
the way she was being ignored by the President and his brother.

3. Subject threatened to hold a press conference and would tell all.

4. Subject made references to “bases” in Cuba and [knew?] [Illegible] of
the President’s plan to kill Castro

5. Subject made reference to her “diary of secrets” and what the
newspapers would do with such disclosures.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
hi thanks for your reply I am who I say I am and I respect everyones opinion etc. I went to Caldbeck on Sunday just gone to see if I could get some more info but due to the large amount of snow there I had to abandon the mission! Alot of Caldbeck locals know of the incident which happened on them hills, iv took a walk up there(not for the faint hearted)!! andlooked at the crash site, it is full of minerals and the compass went crazy! Iv got paperwork from the local parish telling of the crash,plus other stuff from a local (who doesnt want his name mentioned)....Caldbeck is on my doorstep and you wouldnt believe what a vast place it is! Lord Mountbatten had an involvement and his funeral train(called Orchid) is coincidently up the road at a place called Arlecdon being used as a resturant!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Does anyone have any further info on this case? I have been following it with some interest for a while now. Everything seems to have gone quiet.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloisterbell
Does anyone have any further info on this case? I have been following it with some interest for a while now. Everything seems to have gone quiet.

Someone tried to resurrect this hoax a while ago by posting a video on, I think, Youtube.

I'm not sure I bothered adding that video to my notes.

I'm equally unsure whether it worth digging out my notes, since it seems only one person has posted most of the claims and posts on the Internet about this hoax (albeit posting under various usernames).

I haven't seen anything which has cast any doubts on this being a hoax by the person I originally suspected.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
hi every one I have reopened the Caldbeck ufo crash case again and have over the last month been visiting Caldbeck to speak to the locals,most know nothing of the incident but a handful do (older generation)one person was forthcoming with what happened up there, he said "it was a plane lass" planes were always coming down over those fells"he even said he had a parachute hanging up in his garage from the plane that crashed up there! but one fella I spoke too said it was a disc and wanted to discuss the subject no further?who knows?maybe we will never get to the bottom of it or it has been a good hoax!! also spoke to the local priest(ST Kentigerns)and he knew nothing, BUT....I will not stop asking questions till Im 100% sure what crashed up there!Be it a plane or an alien spaceship!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join