It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1954 Caldbeck UFO Incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Secret UFO Crash of 1954

Movie Star Marilyn Monroe and Journalist
Dorothy Kilgallen befriended.

Dorothy had been informed about a UFO crash
that left alien casualties and one alive, known
as the 1954 Caldbeck UFO Incident by a
leading statesman and later published the
crucial evidence.

View all web results for dorothy kilgallen
Kilgallen, now under surveilance, was

poisoned with Floridated water and '___'. Her
medication was tampered with causing severe
side effects as well.

She resumed her journalistic duties in 1959
after recovering and avoiding the UFO issue.

Later she would uncover the plot to
assassinate JFK and was closely watched by
the CIA.

Kilgallen informed Monroe about what she had
learned.

Best friends, the two women were going to
disclose the UFO and Alien event on
September, 14 1962,

but Monroe was found
dead on August 5th.

Kilgallen was found dead on November 8, 1965

Dorothy Kilgallen: Mysterious Death?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Never heard about this incident. Thanks for sharing, .

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Very interesting story!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Star & Flagged

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I agree very interesting post! Star + Flag

Marilyn Monroe probably knew way too much and all these people dying fits together too nicely for there not to be something behind it all.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by nasacarl]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I remember talking to someone who followed the Dorothy Kilgallen story at the time.

Controversial because she had an exclusive interview with Jack Ruby before she died, and I'm not sure if whatever knowledge or the notes she made have ever been revealed.

The UFO investigations were routine for the time - little was known and even conventional media people weren't sure if there was any solid basis to the rumours.

She died of a heart attack at 52 which is relatively young, but not unusual in the 60s. Heart medications weren't being routinely prescribed as they are today.

A high pressure high strung lady with serious alcohol problems and uncontrolled use of barbiturates from more than one doctor simultaneously.

The US government has 'eliminated' people with knowledge they didn't want disclose, I'm sure. But I would say not in this case.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
There's very little in your links relating to a Caldbeck UFO incident in 1954. I found some more information.

On the 4th MARCH 1954, A UFO crash at a crystal minefield at Caldbeck Cumberland England. A gamekeeper and his grandson had witnessed the crash and were detained by the military for two weeks until the wreckage and event was covered up. There was also a poacher name Dyker who came in contact with the spaceship and two alien with the face of the devil and reported it the local vicar at St Kentigerns (he was left alone because of his apparent non-recovery from his mental breakdown due to his close encounter, making him a non-threat. UFO activity was monitored after this day under Operation Mariner on the Irish coast and a near miss was report by a pilot on the Magna Flux Exercise. But until this day hardly anything could be found about this, since the new FOIA by MOD release of new information has still to be seen.
source

the 4th of March is an interesting date because it it falls two weeks after a well known UK UFO encounter by a boy called Stephen Darbishire only several miles from Caldbeck at Conniston. The boy took two photographs that was featured in the national press. I'm a regular visitor over to Cumbria.

At the time UFOs were popular in the press and a similar debate to that in the USA by the Authorities about what to admit and what to deny. Lor Mountbatten was in favor of the public knowing about UFO activity and was also known to Dorothy Kilgallen.

Behind the scenes, the editor of the Sunday Dispatch, Charles Eade, was quietly encouraged to promote ‘flying saucer’ stories by his friend Lord Mountbatten whom he had served as Press officer during the Second World War (3). Mountbatten, who was at that time a personal believer in the ET origin of the saucers, felt the subject should be taken seriously and wanted to make the public aware of the “evidence.” The Sunday Dispatch played an influential role in creating the first real flying saucer invasion of Britain.

Source

The reputed Project Moondust sought to recover any crashed UFOs and gather evidence of them. Lord Mountbatten, by now Admiral of the Royal Navy was rumored to be the British link of the Project. This link shows a declassified document that links Mountbatten (I think!) to an investigation into Kilgallen and Monroe.

I'm not convinced that they were both killed to protect the secret of Caldbeck. One would assume that Kilgallen being the alleged source of the information would have been killed long before Marilyn Monroe. That Monroe's death was suspicious has been a popular subject for years. Let's face it, she was close to several seats of power and may have become a liability for any number of reasons.

It's a shame Mountbatten was killed by the IRA, in these days of partial release of information, he may have been forthcoming. The article linked suggests that upon his death a large quantity of documents were removed from his home. As a man immersed in politics all of his life, it's no surprise. He could have any number of sensitive papers on any amount of subjects.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks Kandisky for the update, its always a pleasure to see other members contribute.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
There's very little in your links relating to a Caldbeck UFO incident in 1954. I found some more information.

On the 4th MARCH 1954, A UFO crash at a crystal minefield at Caldbeck Cumberland England. A gamekeeper and his grandson had witnessed the crash and were detained by the military for two weeks until the wreckage and event was covered up. There was also a poacher name Dyker who came in contact with the spaceship and two alien with the face of the devil and reported it the local vicar at St Kentigerns (he was left alone because of his apparent non-recovery from his mental breakdown due to his close encounter, making him a non-threat. UFO activity was monitored after this day under Operation Mariner on the Irish coast and a near miss was report by a pilot on the Magna Flux Exercise. But until this day hardly anything could be found about this, since the new FOIA by MOD release of new information has still to be seen.
source

the 4th of March is an interesting date because it it falls two weeks after a well known UK UFO encounter by a boy called Stephen Darbishire only several miles from Caldbeck at Conniston. The boy took two photographs that was featured in the national press. I'm a regular visitor over to Cumbria.

At the time UFOs were popular in the press and a similar debate to that in the USA by the Authorities about what to admit and what to deny. Lor Mountbatten was in favor of the public knowing about UFO activity and was also known to Dorothy Kilgallen.

Behind the scenes, the editor of the Sunday Dispatch, Charles Eade, was quietly encouraged to promote ‘flying saucer’ stories by his friend Lord Mountbatten whom he had served as Press officer during the Second World War (3). Mountbatten, who was at that time a personal believer in the ET origin of the saucers, felt the subject should be taken seriously and wanted to make the public aware of the “evidence.” The Sunday Dispatch played an influential role in creating the first real flying saucer invasion of Britain.

Source

The reputed Project Moondust sought to recover any crashed UFOs and gather evidence of them. Lord Mountbatten, by now Admiral of the Royal Navy was rumored to be the British link of the Project. This link shows a declassified document that links Mountbatten (I think!) to an investigation into Kilgallen and Monroe.

I'm not convinced that they were both killed to protect the secret of Caldbeck. One would assume that Kilgallen being the alleged source of the information would have been killed long before Marilyn Monroe. That Monroe's death was suspicious has been a popular subject for years. Let's face it, she was close to several seats of power and may have become a liability for any number of reasons.

It's a shame Mountbatten was killed by the IRA, in these days of partial release of information, he may have been forthcoming. The article linked suggests that upon his death a large quantity of documents were removed from his home. As a man immersed in politics all of his life, it's no surprise. He could have any number of sensitive papers on any amount of subjects.

Where did you find that image, was it in a news cutting?

the old Adamski craft/german vril etc. is always poping up.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Hiya Bob,
I just did a google image search for 'Stephen Darbishire UFO'. The picture is interesting because it shows how crazy the UFO world can be. The kid ended up meeting the Queen because of the photo. People camped outside his house and he was pretty much used by bigger interests as proof that UFOs were ET etc. He stuck to his story and then began to unravel under the pressure.

He finally said it was a hoax. His younger brother has stuck to the original story. The story is complicated because it's hard to draw a conclusion. I can see the picture being a hoax and it has similarities to the 'Fairies in the Garden' story from the early 20th Century. Their photos became too much for them and they both admitted the hoax in the 1980s and how they did it.

The Darbishire photo could be a card cut out held up by a wire in the ground. It could be real. Who knows? If you're interested in reading more about him and the photo this article is a definitive investigation. Like all the best stories, it's inconclusive but on the other hand...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

My grandfather owned a large share of the land of the Caldbeck mines.

It is true. An alien craft was scouting for these rare minerals and the
craft was affected by the rare mineral properties, which were also
based in Roswell.

The craft is buried at Drigg nuclear depository in 1954

Dorothy Kilgallen was informed by Lord Mountbatten about the
Caldbeck UFO incident.

BOTH DIED BY A RESULT OF THIS

link   

based in Roswell.

Caldbeck UFO incident.

link   

based in Roswell.

Caldbeck UFO incident.

link   

based in Roswell.

Caldbeck UFO incident.

link   

based in Roswell.

Caldbeck UFO incident.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
based in Roswell.

Hi "deprogrammer",

What is your source or sources for these claims?

I spent a bit of time looking into this alleged crash a couple of years ago and was satisfied that it is a fairly recent hoax - and had a fairly firm view as to the identity of the hoaxer...

If you do a quick Google search, you will find a fairly considerable number of webpages that mention an alleged UFO crash near Caldbeck in Cumbria in March 1954. Many of the references to this "crash" are in very short emails purporting to be from different individuals. However, it seems to me that the messages are remarkably similar in style. In addition to their rather breathless nature and their limited detail/referencing, certain phrases keep recurring in emails about this incident, e.g. "the first British Roswell" and "ufo revelation".

This suggests that one person is pushing the hoax pretty hard.

This "crash" was the subject of a column by Andy Roberts and Dave Clark in the Fortean Times issue 197 (2005).

If anyone has any source that was published prior to, say, 2000 then I'd be interested in hearing about it.

The Caldbeck "crash" has been the subject of various attempts to push the story over the years, including a series of photos said to be related to the "crash" (but in fact just showing a few old photos of trucks and various people), and the video embedded below:

For various reasons, the Caldbeck "crash" story appears to be a hoax by someone with an axe to grind against a relatively little known British ufologist, Sharon Larkin.

The evidence points fairly heavily to another little known British ufologist being behind the hoax. I'll avoid mentioning his name, since he refused to confirm the hoax when I raised it with him.

Of course, if you have any evidence to substantiate your claims then I'd be prepared to reconsider my view.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

P.S. Would you mind editing your duplicate posts to remove them? They are a bit distracting in this thread.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sorry .. but I can`t delete multiple accidental multiple posts.

This UFO incident was paert of the 1954 wave, which universal alarm
bells were ringing, due to the Bikini Atoll nature sabotage by Luciferian
agenda. People have been eliminated by exposure.

Dr Kelly PROJECT mason.

My GRANDFATHER WAS A NOBLE MAN and only gave me fragments of
the truth ....so sorry if I can`t provide anything more...

There is more...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My GRANDFATHER WAS A NOBLE MAN and only gave me fragments of
the truth ....

Ok,

What "fragments of the truth" did he give you?

When?

Did he indicate the source of his knowledge/story?

Can you state his name?

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I`ve never seen these photographs... can you upload them please

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I`ve never seen these photographs... can you upload them please

Sure - but there are quite a few, so it may take a bit of time to sort something out.

In the meantime, can you answer any of the basic questions I posted above in relation to the information which you purportedly received from your Grandfather?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I do not want to detract from any valid question ..if there is
any significance towards any question with purpose.

Please ..can you supply the photographs?

I have 'NO CLUE' what happened at the event on the Cumbrian Fells

top topics

<<   2 >>

join