It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE Not Alone (coming to a country near you)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

There might be a few others but The Battle of Blair Mountain comes to my mind as part of the Coal Wars. Don't worry, we don't mention it in our history books either but 10-15 thousand that the POTUS called out military to help suppress.

The Whiskey Rebellion is another good one. And after it was over, people went into Kentucky and Tennessee to avoid the tax. In the process, they created bourbon.

Now what was those other minor truffles....The Civil War and The American Revolution

But we have had quite a few over the years.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by Dermo

But we have had quite a few over the years.

Yes but apart from the mine scuffle, those were all over 250 odd years ago and revolutions don't count as riots. Almost every free country on the planet has had a revolution and civil war at some stage.

The point I was pushing was that.. though many Americans on this site have been puffing about how much damage they would do if they protested and rioted.. it has been hundreds of years since Americans have not been too complacent or afraid to do it. They have absolutely nothing to base their bragging on.

Basically, I am just sick of listening to this common US person's answer to everything ->

"Our recently ended fascist regime constantly told us that we're better at everything than everyone else all the time so we're going to go around trying to stick it in everyone else's faces even though to them it is the obvious annoying remnants of generations of propagandist conditioning".

As you read through the threads on this site, you will see the above written between the lines of stupid comments from many many Americans in every second thread. Im not getting onto any of you about it, Im just venting my frustration about it.

[edit on 22/2/09 by Dermo]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Here's one from Russia 02/09...
link.brightcove.com...

Britons flee French island of Guadeloupe as rioters turn on white families
www.dailymail.co.uk...

France pledges $730M to head off Caribbean riots
edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 2/23/2009 by Hx3_1963]

<< 1   >>

join