It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Top-Secret Aircraft that are Mistaken for UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

6 Top-Secret Aircraft that are Mistaken for UFOs

www.popularmechanics.com

Spy and stealth planes—some with bizarre, bat-shaped wings, others with triangular silhouettes that imply otherworldly designs—have long generated UFO sightings and lore. And official denials feed rumors that the government isn’t telling us about alien ships. The CIA estimates that over half of the UFOs reported from the ’50s through the ’60s were U-2 and SR-71 spy planes. At the time, the Air Force misled the public and the media to protect these Cold War programs; it’s possible the government’s responses to current sightings of classified craft—whether manned or remotely operated—are equally evasive. The result is an ongoing source of UFO reports and conspiracy theories. Here are the Earth-built craft that likely have lit up 911 switchboards over the years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Are they trying to cover up some tracks? here are some photos of the "most common" aircraft that are mistaken for ufos or so they say. They probably think the public to be a bunch of idoits or something, why would they come out with this article anyways? is my question here folks. What would make the people at popular science chose to publish this story, I smell something fishy here.

www.popularmechanics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i subscribe and just got this issue
]
they totally debunk not only stephensville but also ufo's in general

they don't even seem to leave it open ended as the news do-----"but maybe they;'re out there" haha sarcastic chuckle

i was really disappointed

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
There's already a thread here for this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join