It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardsmen to conduct urban training at Arcadia in April

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Yes Jenna, I have to agree with the basic principles you are presenting here. I have yet to hear of any military training that has been invasive against people's wills yet other than from Alex Jones and his videos.
Until they are validated I must admit that the training is planned.

It is important for the military to understand what it takes to do war in urban areas. I remember a big fiasco that went on last year here in Toledo when the mayor decided last minute (seriously, the VERY last minute) to not allow the guard unit to do training on the streets of the city. It had been planned out for months in advance too. There was a huge uproar from all sides.

I was on the fence until I started to think about it a bit more. You see, I know for a fact that the government owns a TON of vacant land. That they have wasted TRILLIONS of dollars over the past few decades on black ops. That's a fact because it was stated to the public on September 10, 2001. Then completely forgotten in the events that followed the day after.

Why is that important? Well, they could build their own cities if they want to. They can find a place that is completely off the map and hold urban training there to their hearts content. They can use military personel to act as the people and on and on. There is NO NEED for them to set foot on American civilian soil. Ever. Unless there is a true emergency. Disaster training can be done in the same manner. AND they can destroy homes as they see fit during that training to gain reality and so on. Without involving the public.

To me the most important thing left to the people is the god damn piece of paper that our forefathers put together for us. (Well, as our former president so lovingly referred to it.)

I say that if ONE single civilian is against this action then it should NOT be allowed. EVER. Period. Because that one voice is what always gets lost in our 'democratic' process. The military has its own means and should use them. Keep the people out of it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
House to house searches once an area is secured? WTF?
I would feel alot more safe if they were training to help
during natural disasters!
There are posters here I'd be very leery of.
Makes perfect sense to "test" the publics reaction
on a few forums and whatnot.
All they have to do is watch public opinion while turning
up the heat slowly to see what we'll put up with.
Happens daily in good ol' USA
Show me proof this is a humanitarian exercise
with proof as others have done showing it is not.
Why would troops be stationed here otherwise?
If so(and we know there are now troops stationed here),
this is the police's job, not the military.
The guard is just that, for each state, a GUARD of the people.
Sounds like the feds are taking over more and more
all the time. Helps to go after some governors too!
Wish I lacked the ability to connect the dots
because of a few miscrepancies also.
I hope Alex has made enough money to justify what he has had to
go through to bring us some truth. Even if he's only partially
right, wouldn't that be enough to let you know something smells?
There are no conspiracies, this s***s true or it ain't. IMO

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
Go look at the post I put up. I deliberately chose something that would not confuse you, skipped over a lot of the posts that the other person put up.

It is the M-I-L-I-T-A-R-Y banging on the doors. Not the police.

Really? Cause I watched the video and while the military was knocking on doors to find the people who still hadn't left, it was the police who were taking the guns.

Oh wow. So when the military and the police are cooperating on disarming citizens, or at least allowing the police to take the weapons then it is okay. As long as it is not the military it is fine? Now I know there will be the "That's not what I said" post after this, but what did you mean by what you said? That his claims of the military taking weapons are without merit? So what! Anyone taking the guns from citizens outside the disaster area or people who need these guns to keep the thugs at bay is a horrible offense to an American citizen.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
In the documentary 9/11 Road to Tyranny, the candid documentary filming of the military training drills that took place in Austin, Texas, by the Marines -- the people did not know these were drills. Start watching this film at 1 hour and 15 minutes into the film and learn what the training drills are really about, and what the police, FBI and local enforcers are told about the American citizens, how to recognize a "terrorist type," meaning Christians, patriots, people who talk about the Constitution, mostly people like me, that talk about rights and speak up for those rights. We are terrorists, dangerous people.

The local people are frightened by these "drills" and their permission is not sought and they are not informed. I understand this is part of the purpose of these "drills," to get people used to being traumatized, to the idea that "terrorists" are really everywhere blowing up cars and such, and that the helicopters and such and military are a necessary and common sight to be seen on the streets.

As the Marines in full battle gear, with their trucks with gun turrets and such parked nearby, were passing out toys in front of Toys R Us last Christmastime in Austin, Texas.

Alex Jones only has to drive down the road a few miles to get his original footage.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here, have some Rex 84, FEMA's little plan for detaining large groups of US citizens. Now how exactly would they detain them?

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OKCBtard

Here, have some Rex 84, FEMA's little plan for detaining large groups of US citizens. Now how exactly would they detain them?

en.wikipedia.org...

Rex 84, started under Reagan.

This concentration camp thing has been going on for awhile. They are built, they are READY, and they are FOR US, the American citizens, seen as enemies of the state, terrorists.

You know, blond haired, blue eyed el Qaeda. Everybody is el Qaeda, all of us, we're all terrorists. Ask the police, ask the military, and they will tell you how suspicious and dangerous we all are, especially if we homeschool, if we are Christian, if we have a fondness for the Constitution, and if we don't believe in the boogeyman.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
Yes Jenna, I have to agree with the basic principles you are presenting here. I have yet to hear of any military training that has been invasive against people's wills yet other than from Alex Jones and his videos.
Until they are validated I must admit that the training is planned.

Exactly. I can't find anything anywhere that says the military is conducting invasive training against anyone's will except for Alex Jones and those who use him as their source. If, and that's a big if, the military ever starts arbitrarily searching people's homes for the heck of it I'll be right there with everyone else throwing a fit. But the simple fact is they aren't.

It is important for the military to understand what it takes to do war in urban areas.

Some people fail to realize that if they don't train, they won't be prepared when they are placed in that situation. It makes no sense to handicap them over unfounded fears.

I was on the fence until I started to think about it a bit more. You see, I know for a fact that the government owns a TON of vacant land. That they have wasted TRILLIONS of dollars over the past few decades on black ops. That's a fact because it was stated to the public on September 10, 2001. Then completely forgotten in the events that followed the day after.

Why is that important? Well, they could build their own cities if they want to. They can find a place that is completely off the map and hold urban training there to their hearts content. They can use military personel to act as the people and on and on. There is NO NEED for them to set foot on American civilian soil. Ever. Unless there is a true emergency. Disaster training can be done in the same manner. AND they can destroy homes as they see fit during that training to gain reality and so on. Without involving the public.

They do have vacant land, though I don't know how much or what it is all being used for, and they do have city/town mock-ups. They don't compare to the real thing though. They are unpopulated, obviously, and are only mock-ups. Walls, floors, not all of them have roofs, and that's it. A real city or town is full of people. The buildings range from one-story houses to apartment buildings, to sky-scrapers. It just wouldn't make sense financially to build all of that just for training when they have more important things they could be spending that money on. You know armor, weapons, vehicles, etc.

They are always on American soil when they are in the States.
I understand what you meant though. I can understand the reasoning behind asking cities and/or towns to participate. It gives the public a chance to volunteer and see for themselves what exactly the military does. When they are in a real disaster setting or war, the people are unpredictable. A soldier who role-plays for training over and over and over again is going to get predictable. Asking civilians to volunteer to do it brings back some of the unpredictability.

To me the most important thing left to the people is the god damn piece of paper that our forefathers put together for us. (Well, as our former president so lovingly referred to it.)

Agreed.

I say that if ONE single civilian is against this action then it should NOT be allowed. EVER. Period. Because that one voice is what always gets lost in our 'democratic' process. The military has its own means and should use them. Keep the people out of it.

The only problem with that is there are always going to be people who are so anti-military that they won't ever agree to anything, not even the military doing their training on a base somewhere.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

World Net Daily
The exercise was designed as a mock scenario to give soldiers the skills needed for deployment in an urban environment, and military officials stressed that only households that consented to be part of the drill would be searched.

Here you go. And if you read the article from the OP, it clearly states the same thing. Only volunteers would actually be involved in the training exercise.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OKCBtard
Oh wow. So when the military and the police are cooperating on disarming citizens, or at least allowing the police to take the weapons then it is okay. As long as it is not the military it is fine? Now I know there will be the "That's not what I said" post after this, but what did you mean by what you said?

The police and the military are not one and the same. I have been trying to explain that when responding about that video. Apparently I'm not doing a very good job or you wouldn't have to ask. And if you know I'm going to say "that's not what I said" then why try to act like I said something I didn't? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

That his claims of the military taking weapons are without merit? So what! Anyone taking the guns from citizens outside the disaster area or people who need these guns to keep the thugs at bay is a horrible offense to an American citizen.

Yes actually. And what do you mean "so what"? There is a big difference between the military and the police and they weren't just disarming everyone but the thugs. They were disarming everyone. Better to let them all keep their guns and kill each other off during the disaster I guess.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I realize what you are saying, its volunteer THIS time, what about the next?
I haven't changed my mind a bit. I read it again.
They are not training for humanitarian reasons.
THAT is what I wanted proof about.
This just shows yes they are conducting these "exercises",
and they are not humanitarian as I stated.
Oh, in that case, its all good? Right. This is what I'm refering to:

Once credible intelligence has been gathered," said Kots, "portions of the town will be road-blocked and more in-depth searches of homes and vehicles will be conducted in accordance with the residents' wishes.

We could label the iraq war humanitarian for cryin' out loud if we wanted to! Since no WMD's were found!
Or just a "training exercise"?
After the japanese internment camps, nuclear testing, weapons fallout and intentional poisoning of "volunteers" to find out the effects, in nevada, washington and idaho, you believe what you want, OK?
If you believe the military is right and truthfull then fine, but you
can't deny they have done some extremelly unethical things in the past....have they stopped? Doubt it.
I know people that have been affected by this very thing and NOT in a very positive way.
This is why they suffer is because of gullible types that think the PTB are on our side. Man I feel sorry for this naive country that suffers while citizens support the very ones pulling the strings. Incredibly sad.
Look around at what is happening. All from trusting people to always do the right thing. Now thats way out there in progressive thinking!

An excercise is just that. Preparation for the real thing.....

Are they paying you to say this? They must be to have this bend over attitude. Would you volunteer for my little excercise if I asked?

P.S. Maybe if they told the truth a little more, we could believe them now!
This country IS one big experiment-started in 1776. Think about that.....

[edit on 23-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
I realize what you are saying, its volunteer THIS time, what about the next?
I haven't changed my mind a bit. I read it again.
They are not training for humanitarian reasons.
THAT is what I wanted proof about.
This just shows yes they are conducting these "exercises",
and they are not humanitarian as I stated.
Oh, in that case, its all good! Right.

From what I got in the article I linked to, they have conducted training in Iowa before where they asked for volunteers. If they have done it before and they are doing it now, it makes perfect sense to believe that they will ask for volunteers in the future.

I don't know why you expect urban training to be humanitarian. What do you think they use it for?

This is what I'm was refering to:

Once credible intelligence has been gathered," said Kots, "portions of the town will be road-blocked and more in-depth searches of homes and vehicles will be conducted in accordance with the residents' wishes.

I see you over looked that last line where it says "in accordance with the residents' wishes."

We could label the iraq war humanitarian for cryin' out loud, if we wanted to! Since no WMD's were found!
Or just a "training exercise"?

Wow.. Really reaching there aren't we?

If you believe the military is right and truthfull then fine but you
can't deny they have done some extremelly unethical things in the past....have they stopped? Doubt it. I know people that have been affected by this very thing and NOT in a very positive way.

Yes they have, as has every military, and every government for that matter, since the beginning of time. But that doesn't mean that a training exercise that asks for volunteers is unethical.

I'm curious to know how people you know who volunteered for an urban training exercise about a gun-runner were affected.

This is why they suffer is because of gullible types that think the PTB are on our side. Man I feel sorry for this naive country that suffers while citizens support the very ones pulling the strings. Incredibly sad.
An excercise is just that. Preparation for the real thing.....

I feel more sorry for the gullible types that see every move as a threat. The military isn't the PTB as far as I know, so while they, the PTB, may not be on our side that doesn't mean the military isn't either.

And yeah it's preparation for the real thing. I'll ask you what I have asked several people over the last few days that no one has been able or bothered to answer. What exactly do you think the military does when they are sent overseas?

Are they paying you to say this? They must be to have this bend over attitude. Would you volunteer for my little excercise if I asked?

Nope, though I'm starting to think they should. Attempting to interject some common sense into these threads is starting to feel like a full time job. Is someone paying you to try and prove me wrong? See how little sense it makes to ask that question? Makes about as much sense as you asking me.

As for volunteering for your exercise, not likely. Strangers on the internet and all. A military training exercise? Yeah probably depending on how much it would disrupt my household since I have two little ones running around.

P.S. Maybe if they told the truth a little more, we could believe them now!
This country IS one big experiment. Think about that.....

The government is the one that has been telling lies. Direct your anger in the proper direction.

And yeah the country is a big experiment. It has been since we declared independence from England. Other than our current financial crises it's been doing pretty well considering how young the country is.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Wow, you're good at twisting stuff around!
Like I said, it makes no difference to me what you think.
You should be a politician instead of a rug rat raiser and posting here!
You are really good at BS! Believe what you want about whomever you please, but your covers blown here bub. Good luck in the those camps!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Wow that made no sense since I didn't twist anything. Have fun with that.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

We'll let the Iraq people decide if we helped or hurt, shall we?
Long as it's not war on us! We have enough going on.
What are we the worlds police now, going door to door?
Watching you all squirm trying to to make excuses for your wars IS kinda fun!
Thanks for the entertainment!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What on earth does that have to do with anything? You've completely lost me in the jump from urban training in Arcadia to letting Iraq decide whether we've hurt or help. Once again you make no sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Yes actually. And what do you mean "so what"? There is a big difference between the military and the police and they weren't just disarming everyone but the thugs. They were disarming everyone. Better to let them all keep their guns and kill each other off during the disaster I guess.

Could you show me a video of them taking weapons from the looters?

Also I know there is a difference between the military and the police, even so, disarming people who are just trying to keep their weapons for protection is still silly, no matter who is doing it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I figured you would not understand that. My bad.
I guess I shouldn't rely on others to use their critical
thinking skills and arrive at conclusions by themselves.
Thats why we're already screwed. What?......
(just go check the kids, I think the're in the road)!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Yeah, more nonsense. As I said, have fun with that.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

Unfortunately I'm not a reporter, nor was I in New Orleans to take video of them disarming anyone. But if you listen to the video, yeah the same one you all keep telling me to watch that I've now watched 15 times, the chief of police clearly says that they are disarming everyone. Common sense will tell you that thugs are included in "everyone".

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No, the fact you support this all is the nonsense!
If they ever do this for real, I'm looking you up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join