It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of guns U.S. sent to Afghanistan are missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"What if we had to tell families [of U.S. soldiers] not only why we are in Afghanistan but why their son or daughter died at the hands of an insurgent using a weapon purchased by the United States taxpayers? But that's what we risk if we were to have tens of thousands of weapons we provided washing around Afghanistan, off the books," Rep. John Tierney, D-Massachusetts, chairman of the House Subcommittee on National Security and Foreign Affairs, said at the start of a congressional hearing on the report.

I just don't get how things like this can happen. The U.S. Military has lost track of around 200,000 weapons in Afghanistan, what are they trying to do, arm the enemy?

So of the 120 million dollars worth of guns that were provided 40 million dollars worth are missing. We really know how to manage our money well.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reminds me of this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know there were some strange rumors going around the MA Army National Guard about this issue, and I was just discussing the case with Ms. Durkin yesterday. Interesting how a MA rep would comment on that...wonder if he knows something about what happened...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

Ah, I finally dug up this thread!

First of all, let me confess that I am the person who posted as Anonymous, and then replied to my own post, on the thread linked above.

Second, I looked for this thread on purpose because something I read that was posted within the last day or so jogged my memory. It was regarding stashes of "accidentally leftover" weapons being discovered. That's the kernel of knowledge that cost Durkin her life. I think the chickens are about to come home to roost with ISIS. The seeds of which were sown way back during the deployment during which Durkin was killed.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TooManyHumans

I would suppose this kind of thing is getting fairly normal.
Just after our involvement in Bosnia approx. 250,000 M-16 went missing.
It was speculated at the time they had been taken to the middle east by and for bin Laden.
edit on 22-9-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

top topics

join