It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza victims describe being used as human shields by Hamas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thanks for listing the places where Washington Post and New York Times cite Palestinian Media Watch. Now can you show me where either source speaks about the topic under discussion? So I am guessing they decided this item wasn't, dare I say it, "credible"?

I was particularly moved to ... by this part of your first link:

Palestinian Media Watch, an Israeli group that monitors Palestinian media for anti-Israeli and anti-Jewish incitement, says the bee is referring to Jews and Israelis.

I love the way that an Israeli propaganda machine explains where they saw the threat in the symbolism.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101

The following are excerpts from the article from the official Palestinian
Authority daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida:

"The Abd Rabbo family kept quiet while Hamas fighters turned their farm in the Gaza strip into a fortress. Right now they are waiting for the aid
promised by the [Hamas] movement after Israel bombed the farm and turned it
into ruins...

Firstly "The Abd Rabbo family" doesn't exist. It's the name of a town. It is called Abd Rabbo.

ABED RABBO, Gaza Strip, Jan. 27, 2009 (Reuters) — Standing on the ruins of his family home, 75-year-old Majdi al-Athamna waves an unexploded land mine in the direction of a camera crew....

..."Don't worry -- if I die it would be no more than what has already been destroyed,"....

....The mine, he says, was one of many placed by Israeli soldiers to demolish the apartment building that once housed dozens of members of his extended family.

"Fifty years I've been building this and it's all gone in the blink of an eye,"
www.newsdaily.com...

I think this one sounds to be a little more credible than the one that has been quoted.

Nowhere in it does it speak of Hamas or human shields. It also refers to the man who's home it was by his name.

The thing is, while Israel is in the process of blowing up peoples homes, regardless of what Hamas does or has done, a Palestinian will side with Hamas over Israel.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" - Arabic Proverb

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This sounds like pure war propaganda.

First off, the tunnels were dug for the Palestinians to take refuge in when Israel began firing their missiles and bombs at them. These tunnels are not offensive weapons or a threat to Israel. They are a place for the men, women and children to hide in when they are under seige. In fact, Israel used bunker busterse on these tunnels and Texe Marrs says probably 10,000 men, women and children were buried alive.

The Palestinians have no weapons but bottles and rocks and some pathetic rockets, the kind a 12-year-old kid might make in his back yard.

Israel has 400 nukes, the best high tech weapons in existence, more up to date and deadly than what we have in our American defense force. Israel gets the best, we get what's left over.

Stop with the obvious war propaganda.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
All the proof you need of Hamas using civilian structures in order to wage their attacks is right here:
www.youtube.com...

They used UN schools in 2007 as staging grounds for rocket/mortar attacks. Debunk the video or it's true. It is that simple.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

What are they supposed to do? Keep getting attacked and not retaliate?

The school had been evacuated....so no human shields?

This is what happened....

"There was an incident on 29 October wherein masked Palestinians launched mortars at Israel from an UNRWA school playground in Beit Hanoun. Students, teachers and a guard had been evacuated earlier in the day because of an Israeli military incursion nearby."

Here are some other stories about going to school.....

"19 October, the UNRWA school in Al Shouka was closed after being hit by stray bullets, during an Israeli military operation east of Rafah..The same school was attacked previously, on 3 August, by Israeli soldiers manning tanks...

On 26 September, after an alleged stone-throwing incident, soldiers surrounded Al Khadr Elementary School in Bethlehem for two hours, and detained three children....

on 4 October, students were forced to leave their school in Burqa, near Jenin, after Israeli soldiers stormed it, fired teargas canisters and detained a teacher and a school attendant"

"There were six reported incidents where UNRWA schools in the West Bank and Gaza were closed because of Israeli military-imposed curfew and/or Israeli military operations: 17 UNRWA schools were closed in Nablus (on 18, 19, 20 September, and 16 October) affecting 4,000 students, and at least five UNRWA schools in Beit Hanoun were closed on 10 October and evacuated on 29 October [UN OCHA]."

www.childrightsmonitor.org...

I guess that explains why they fire from schools, it's usually the only place that has no civilians in it.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Obliterated]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Let's face it, the Zionists LIE. They lie a lot. They lie so much they stage false flag terror attacks on American citizens (ie 9/11) and blame it on the innocent Muslims so we will get in a huff and go do their killing (and dieing) for them.

They love to lie to us, to deceive us, to manipulate us, and they love to see us die. They hate us, because we are goy, which their Talmud says is a subhuman creature, not nearly as important or wonderful or deserving as their wonderful selves are.

They have a god complex, and their own Talmud teaches them to lie to us, the goy, that it is a good thing to do, and if they can get us to kill their enemies and be killed in the process, that is even better. They hate us as much as they do their supposed "enemies" in the Mideast.

World Net Daily -- Joseph Farah is a flaming Zionist. He thinks we should blow up the Dome of the Rock so the Jews can rebuild their temple and start sacrificing animals again for sin. And of course, that is where the antichrist phony messiah will be seated, in Jerusalem, in a rebuilt Solomon's Temple.

Don't believe this war propaganda. It all comes from Zionists.

Our government is controlled by Zionists, top to bottom, owned, infiltrated with Mossad, dual-citizen Israelis. Rahm Emanuel, chief of staff, is Jewish Mafia from Chicago, also Mossad, dual citizen Jew, and ran the Clinton White House and Dick Morris says Bill Clinton was afraid of him.

Obama is a puppet. Who is running America? Mossad, same as in the last puppet administration, also full of Mossad and dual-citizen Jews.

Wake up. The military is corrupt, bought and paid for by the Zionists. General Fox Fallon is the last good guy to stand against the orders to start WWIII. Now General Betrayus is ready to launch the attack. The soldiers are being sent in, or the plans are in place to send them in, to begin gun confiscation of ALL American citizens, starting in the state of Iowa.

Wake up quick. The states must pass their own resolutions of resistance and refusal to the federal government (ie minions of the foreign banksters) to come in and take over the states militarily.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

Yes, I not too there are no human shields. It's worth examining why pro-Israelis chop and change their assertions so often. Either the topic is about Hamas using there own people as human shields or Hamas firing rockets from empty school buildings evacuated after an Israeli attack?

All I know is that the only human shield used are by Israel;

And here is a video showing a UN official stating that Israeli claims that Hamas use their own people as human shields is a lie.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Israel and Scientology must use the same publicists. They create their own "Independent" media organisations that prove that they are the victims of an international conspiracy.

Shame on them for using propaganda!

You keep scratching for help in the garbage can.

Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) is an Israel-based pro-Israel media watchdog organization established by Itamar Marcus in 1996 that monitors Palestinian Arabic media and schoolbooks.[1] It seeks to analyze Palestinian society in relationship to terrorism and radical Islam.

That's funny. Criticize the group for it's pro Israel stance but don't examine the subjects they talk about.

Take a look at the Palestinian media that is disseminated to the People by their leaders. They (the Palestinians) put out some truly whacked out stuff. I highly recommend everyone look at PMW to see for themselves. Don't buy into the "it's just Israeli disinfo/ propaganda" train of thought, it is actual broadcasts that the Palestinian people actually see from their own media.

Are you claiming that the translation of the Palestinian media is incorrect? If so point to the multiple cases of those translations being wrong. You are really grasping at straws here. It's the actual broadcasts of Palestinian created media. Do you dispute that?

You be the judge......

[edit on 22-2-2009 by pavil]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The facts are that Israel is an interloper, it stole the lands, the orchards, the homes of the Palestinians. Why? Because they think their genes are superior, that they are special people, that they are more deserving, and that even though 2000 years have gone by since the Jews were anyplace near Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem (when they were occupied by Rome) at that time, and even though the whole time they were in the "land of promise" they were in and out of war, in exile or occupied, and never received the promise because they failed 100 percent to keep their part of the bargain (to live godly and not worship idols) -- now 2000 years after they crucified their Messiah they think they can come stomping into Palestine and kick those people out into miserable outlays in Gaza and knock their homes down and take over.

If that weren't enough, the Jews insisted on occupying the land were the Gazans lived. It's entirely possible the rockets that were launched from Gaza were launched by Israeli provacateurs themselves as an excuse to bomb those poor people away. Even shooting bunker busters into the tunnels where the women and children were shivering and shaking in fear for three weeks. Bury them alive. Texe Marrs says 10,000 of them were killed that way.

Monsters. That's all I can say. Israel is the curse of the nations, not the blessing they imagine themselves to be. The Palestinians have more Jewish DNA markers than these Zionists criminal gansters who are running the country, who have infiltrated the U.S. government, who run our current president like a programmed robot, and who blew up the Twin Towers and killed 3,000 American citizens, also did the Oklahoma bombing. The bloodier and more shocking the better.

Who are the terrorists? Israel. Israel is the terrorist, trying to lead the world into WWIII.

What about the USS Liberty? Remember that, when Israel attacked our military ship at sea, tried to sink it, staffed it for three solid hours, with our guys waving white flags, said they could see the faces of the Israeli pilots as they swooped down to straff them, even straffed the men who jumped overboard. Shot a submarine missile through the ship, but unfortunately for the Israeli liars and provacateurs the ship refused to sink and eventually the USS Liberty came limping in to shore.

There's a website up on the USS Liberty. People should visit it, read what the survivors have to say about Israel claiming it was "just a mistake," and that it was a collusion between our government under LBJ's watch (who colluded with the Mossad to kill JFK) to sink our own battleship to the bottom of the sea, kill every last man, and then blame Egypt and start WWIII.

Google up USS Liberty if you know how to Google.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

That's funny. Criticize the group for it's pro Israel stance but don't examine the subjects they talk about.

What's funny, nay, what's down right weird is your expectation that audiences accept pro-Israeli commentary on Palestinian news. Why go to the backside when you can go straight to the horse's mouth?

Further we don't see the Palestinians offering a translation service on Israeli news items but we see the reverse from the Israelis. Had the Palestinians done such a thing it would just as laughable as MEMRI and ilk.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Any evidence to back up your claims? Or do you feel that hate is enough?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

Any evidence to back up your claims? Or do you feel that hate is enough?

Glad to discuss anything you'd like. What's your problem?

The USS Liberty stuff is all over the Internet. Google.

The stuff about the Jews having an everlasting promise from God to own Palestine, is that the part you want to discuss? I have a long exchange with somebody on another thread on that subject if you want me to point you to it.

I do hate Zionism. That you can bank on. I'd like to see the British Zionist Banksters and all their minions put on trial for murder and theft, for scamming and manipulating the U.S. into a phony war on terror against nations who have done us no harm and who just want to be left alone. And what Israel did to Lebanon in 2006 was monstrous, just monstrous. Most everything Israel does is monstrous. Israel is the curse of the nations, never should have been allowed to form. Most Jews live in America, wouldn't live in Israel if they were paid to. Jews don't need it, except as a badlands nation to conduct their Fourth Reich grand plans to own the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Shut up and provide some proof... no one wants to here your rants.

All the claims you made on the previous post, I would like to see the evidence for them. So when you reply to this post provide the proof, and not another BS response. I will be waiting.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by pavil

What's funny, nay, what's down right weird is your expectation that audiences accept pro-Israeli commentary on Palestinian news. Why go to the backside when you can go straight to the horse's mouth?

Further we don't see the Palestinians offering a translation service on Israeli news items but we see the reverse from the Israelis. Had the Palestinians done such a thing it would just as laughable as MEMRI and ilk.

What a weak argument.

Show me proof that the translations are false or obviously incorrect, I've asked twice now for that, with no takers. I would like to see multiple instances of it as well. It's obvious you are disputing their translations of Palestinian TV broadcasts so prove that they are incorrect. Or are you disputing the broadcasts are actually from Palestinian sources?

Let's see Palestinian translation of those exact same tapes or a third party that would see if they are accurate.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by pavil]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Fake, because I can find pictures and videos of the IDF using human shields. The IDF are the biggest poons.. It's sad.

There's even an Article about the IDF tanks going into Gaza last week and turned back and ran when they were hit with missiles. LOL.

They only pick on unarmed civilians. Google it. You can see thousands of pictures of the IDF being poons.

Theres even pics of Jews kicking a Palestinian women, a video of a bunch of Rabbis spitting on Christians etc etc..

We can find millions of pictures of the Jews killing Palestinian..

=============

But we can't even find one pic of a Palestinian hurting a jew. What do we find? A pic of a "rocket' that landed in the middle of no where and didn't even hurt a fly.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

Shut up and provide some proof... no one wants to here your rants.

All the claims you made on the previous post, I would like to see the evidence for them. So when you reply to this post provide the proof, and not another BS response. I will be waiting.

Here's a link to a site discussing anti Jewish feelings, they whys and wherefores, and a discussion between me and a Talmudic Israeli on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Enough of the sniping and insults; discuss the topic which is Hamas using human shields.

There has already been one warning posted.

gallopinghordes
forum mod

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
This sounds like pure war propaganda.

First off, the tunnels were dug for the Palestinians to take refuge in when Israel began firing their missiles and bombs at them. These tunnels are not offensive weapons or a threat to Israel. They are a place for the men, women and children to hide in when they are under seige. In fact, Israel used bunker busterse on these tunnels and Texe Marrs says probably 10,000 men, women and children were buried alive.

The Palestinians have no weapons but bottles and rocks and some pathetic rockets, the kind a 12-year-old kid might make in his back yard.

Israel has 400 nukes, the best high tech weapons in existence, more up to date and deadly than what we have in our American defense force. Israel gets the best, we get what's left over.

Stop with the obvious war propaganda.

That's an "interesting" perspective- Israel waging a campaign against bomb shelters with bunker busters, so they can maximize collateral damage with the minimum amount of evidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

That's an "interesting" perspective- Israel waging a campaign against bomb shelters with bunker busters, so they can maximize collateral damage with the minimum amount of evidence.

The intro accusations posted against the Palestinians to justify Israel's Shock and Awe were their aggressions which included making tunnels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join