It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok.. who is the smart one here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is a movie coming out called Angels and Demons that essentialy exposes the Illuminati and the Vatican...

Why in the heck would they want this movie to show? Would it not just drive more people to look into the subject? Wouldn't more people wake up because of a movie like that? I do not get it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeh but if the film is suddenly pulled from release won't people become more suspisuce (mind my spelling)... also most people will see the film thinking it's fictional... the books been out for about 5 years now and that hasn't made that big of an impact either.

Also, if the Illuminati or whatever were to say we don't want this released what would their argument be?? "We're are the illuminati now don't release this film"?? That would defeat the whole point of stopping the films release... wouldn't it??

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Angels and Demons is the prequel to "The Da Vinci Code", and just like the movie, it started off as a novel before it hit the screen. Dan Browns novels cover this kind of stuff and he's got a sequel coming out (The Solomon Key) where it takes place in Washington D.C, covering the Freemasons. All of his books touch on the topics often discussed here on ATS, and of course Da Vinci was his most controversial one. Since the books have been out, he hasn't been silenced, so who knows, maybe they want us to know, or we are just paranoid.

Dan Brown's Website
www.danbrown.com...

Picture of the cover of "The Solomon Key"
www.thecryptex.com...

[edit on 18-2-2009 by itinerantseeker]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The end of the book basically disproves the existence of the Illuminati. The whole plot of the story is an exaggeration so people will naturally look at it as fiction, so then the Illuminati becomes a work of fiction.

I suggest you look more into the Da Vinci Code. There's a piece of literature that is definitely NOT fiction.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If we're going to reference the Da Vinci Code, I think it is important to note early in the thread that the main point of the book is that the "grail" is not in fact a physical item, but the lost blood-line of Christ himself.

Haven't read it in a few years, if my memory is playing tricks on me please do correct me.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Because its fiction.
They want to make money from selling movies.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
the point is this

whenever you have people talk about the Illuminati, others will automatically say

"youve been watching too much of that da vinci code stuff"

thats basically what every movie is meant to do, ive heard this personally for the following movies:

- matrix
- starwars
- lord of the rings
- back to the future
- x-men

i personally love watching movies for the main reason that every time i watch one i learn a new lesson, or i inspire a new idea etc. even if ive seen the movie 100 times

every time i got called out on the movies above i was talking about serious ideas of philosophical, scientific, or political content

my ideas were dismissed based on the pretext that they come from a movie or are related in some way

and that exactly what "they" want, and ive seen lots of people on thios site do the same thing

its entertaining really

back to your main point the illuminati are just covering tracks

but i have noticed an increase in people who know about conspiracy theories in the last few years, its troubling

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Why is it troubling that people have increased their awareness to conspiracy theories?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
mainly because it hurts my agenda

the more that think, the harder to rule

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
As previously stated, Angles & Demons was published before the DiVinci Code in 2003.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235021652&sr=1-2

Also of note, the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail (published 1983) unscuccessfully sued Dan Brown claiming he stole their idea in the making of the Divinci Code.

www.amazon.com...=bxgy_cc_b_img_a

The curiosities I see is that there seems to be a slew of NWO 'information' available to the general publc and I have two theories:

*Disinformation (most likely)

*For reasons unknown to us, they must disclose themselves before any large scale event.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Your agenda tankthinker haha? Whats your agenda sir

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
As you might know, Angels and Demons is a sequel of The Da Vinci Code and if you read the read or watched the movie, you'll catch a lot of things that might get you interested. But movies are usually only created for the purpose of making money and further your business. I doubt Tom Hanks is a man who believes that Jesus's bloodline is still alive, he's probably just in it because it's how he makes a living.

So to answer your question: no, I don't think anyone's trying to get people interested. It's just that the first movie was such a success they are now trying to make the sequel and get more money.

top topics

join