It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT: Obama's War on Terror May Resemble Bush's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
5) This is a stimulus package, not a "bailout".

It's a bail out of the economy ... and it won't work.
Read 'Atlas Shrugged'. Its' all there. Really.

I wouldn't even call it a bailout. Seems more like a Democratic wish list they have been dreaming of for years, but were too scared to ask, or couldn't do so with a straight face. Call it a 'stimulus' and people will support it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I gave you a star sos37 because that is one logical way of looking at it; however, if you study up on the NWO plan for world government in the name of globalism, you will see a necessity for parallel policy between the two parties, which has been taking place for a few decades...but never so mirrored as today. Usually Democrats focus strongly on domestic issues, not foreign.

Based on all the information available to the person with a penchant for investigation and wisdom to weed through the disinformation, I lean towards the unpopular premise that the war on terror is a farce -- a political front for nation building, fear mongering and an excuse to remove personal liberties in order to further the police state under the guise of false security. That is also the consensus on this site.

I'll leave the reason behind this up to your investigation as it is outside the scope of this thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

That is my point. This policy of rendition has been going on for much too long, especially when Obama is Muslim and it is continuing. The conspiracy lies with the Zionist running our foreign and domestic policy via the CFR and TC. We have a 2% Jewish population yet a large majority running our government are Jewish. Does that seem conspiratorial? I think so.

Let me put it this way: If I were to say 2% of our population is Chinese...yet 90% of those running U.S. foreign policy are Chinese, what would you say to that? How would you feel about that?

Let me make this perfectly clear: I know not all Jewish citizens put Israel above the U.S. but many do... and many are Zionist in doing so. Zionism is not a religion but a racist ideology, which all of our past administrations since the days of Roosevelt have unanimously embraced.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Obama is closing Gitmo and has ended "extaordinary rendition" (which includes the possibility of torture and the loss of all rights). What he has preserved is the practice of plain old rendition, as have many presidents, for those rare cases like the one of Adolph Eichmann, when Argentina allowed the Mossad to kidnap him and bring him to Israel for trial as a war criminal. These two things alone make him different from George Bush.

As has already been pointed out, Obama had consistently said throughout his campaign that he would focus on the war in Afghanistan and put more troops there. It is not surprising at all that he is sending another battalion.

I am sure the intelligence given to the president is far more detailed and encompassing than what was given to him as a senator, and so it's not surprising that he may change some of his objectives as a result, and at times be in agreement with Bush.

If Obama does anything at all like Bush his enemies shout "no change." If he makes any changes they say he is destroying our security as a nation. They won't be satisfied until Obama completely validates Bush's whole execution of the war, which he is unlikely to do.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah well the first clue was that he said over a year ago that he wouldn't hesitate attacking Iran. Duh. Anyone shocked by this has been snoozing.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Good lord, that was well said. I was not aware of the differences between the two types of rendition, but no surprise that people would intentionally confuse the two.

On an unrelated side note, I just moved from Asheville last year.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkNight
reply to post by Irish M1ck

That is my point. This policy of rendition has been going on for much too long, especially when Obama is Muslim and it is continuing. The conspiracy lies with the Zionist running our foreign and domestic policy via the CFR and TC. We have a 2% Jewish population yet a large majority running our government are Jewish. Does that seem conspiratorial? I think so.

Let me put it this way: If I were to say 2% of our population is Chinese...yet 90% of those running U.S. foreign policy are Chinese with dual citizenship, what would you say to that? How would you feel about that?

Let me make this perfectly clear: I know not all Jewish citizens put Israel above the U.S. but many do... and many are Zionist in doing so. Zionism is not a religion but a racist ideology, which all of our past administrations since the days of Roosevelt have unanimously embraced.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkNight

I think Sestias cleared that up for you. I've made it abundantly clear also that Obama's rendition policy clearly states that it is not to be used for torture (which is a far cry from the Bush Administration's policy of torture and how to do it).

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Obama has ALWAYS been going to Afghanistan.

I thought Obama said he had ALWAYS been against the war itself.

"The war" LOL...It's like nobody knows the difference between the invasion of afghanistan and the invasion of Iraq anymore.

What a testament to the Bush spin machine...the Iraq terrorist connection! Same war!

Let me explain. Obama has always wanted more troops in Afghanistan... He was always against the invasion of Iraq.

Does that help? Two very different geographies, cultures, mission objectives etc. One country harbored terrorists who attacked us and refused to give them up...the other had a load of oil that Bushs' friends wanted.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by maybereal11]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join