It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House's missing documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

The White House's missing documents

news.yahoo.com

In his first weeks in office, President Barack Obama shut down his predecessor’s system for reviewing regulations, realigned and expanded two key White House policymaking bodies and extended economic sanctions against parties to the conflict in the African nation of Cote D’Ivoire.

Despite the intense scrutiny a president gets just after the inauguration, Obama managed to take all these actions with nary a mention from the White House press corps.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.politico.com

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Though he repeatedly spoke of openness and transparency, he has already begun signing orders and not mentioning it to the press. There were three executive orders, one presidential memorandum, one presidential notice, and one proclamation that were slipped through without a mention even though every move he makes is being scrutinized. Could be a trial run for more important documents he wants to sign without mentioning later on to see how easily it can be done, or it could be a "simple oversight" as is claimed. Either way, combined with the lack of promised discussion over bills before he signs them into law I think it's safe to say that claims of transparency are going to be hard to make in the future.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

"simple oversight" as is claimed

You know what? Seriously......this should be his new slogan!

Every flippn excuse of his, is a "simple oversight"!

Oh so and so didnt pay taxes? - times 3 - It was just a simple oversight!

Oh I signed a bill and didnt tell everyone? It was just a simple oversight!

Oh, I said 57 states? It was a simple oversight!

Oh, I got voted into office? It was just a simple oversight!

I swear to God, if he ever uses that phrase again, I will literally scream so loud, the entire world will here me!!

[edit on 2/18/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Oh, I got voted into office? It was just a simple oversight!

I almost woke my husband up laughing at that one.
There do seem to be an amazing amount of oversights though. Makes me worry about the "oversights" that are going to happen in the future and I'm not sure our country is going to be able to handle 4 years of "oversights". We have enough problems as it is.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Am I the only one concerned with the growing "oversight" trend? If this is "change we can believe in" then we are in for a rough four years.

new topics

top topics

join