It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Tat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was walking through the city of Perth, Western Australia yesterday when suddenly my brain screamed at me loudly NICOTINE! Turning to the first businessman I saw, I asked politely if my friend and I could 'purchase' two cigarettes off him. To my surprise he simply handed them to us and wished us a merry day. Seconds later my friend questioned me as to where he could get a tattoo like the one that the guy we just talked to had. I hadn't payed much attention, what with my brain screaming at me NICOTINE and all. So I got him to explain the design to me, and funnily enough the man bore a pyramid with an eye on top of it not dissimilar to the one found on American notes.

I query the rest of you ATS members as to whether any of you have ever seen this design on flesh? If not, where else is it visible apart from money? I know it has some kind of symbolism relative to the Illuminati, and Perth is known for it's many secret sects.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I do believe that Brandon Boyd, lead singer of Incubus has this tattoo ont his upper bace right below his neck. I noticed it a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This particular symbol is called the Eye of Providence (en.wikipedia.org...). It can be found among various world currencies, architecture (especially European cathedrals), and as an emblem of secret societies and religious orders. It seems to be most popular among religious groups, though the secular world has made use of it as well.

Edit: I reread your post and I see that I failed to answer your question about the pyramid in concert with the Eye of Providence. As far as I can tell, it is a wholly unique symbol of the United States. According to a Canadian Freemasonry website,
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

The representation of an eye in or above a pyramid derives its usage from the unique representation on the reverse of the USA Great Seal, most commonly found on the American dollar bill. There is no documented illustration of an eye together with a pyramid prior to 1783. Neither the eye nor the pyramid have ever been uniquely masonic symbols, although a few Grand Lodge jurisdictions incorporate them into their seals. The combining of the eye of providence overlooking an unfinished pyramid is a uniquely American, not masonic, icon.

I was able to find supporting statements from other sites, both Freemason and nonaffiliates.

[edit on 16/2/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am trying to remember from a book so if this is wrong dont freak. You are partially right about it being illuminati. It was orginally the masons but the illuminati started working from inside the masons. If you want more info read some of Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. It actually has many true facts.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Honestly, I would get a tattoo like that. I think that is awesome..

top topics

join