It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I would be interested in the the thoughts of all on ATS with regards to the information or disinformation on this site -

www.jahtruth.co.uk...

Removed All Caps from title

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/2/09 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I haven't yet read through it, but I did look up the name they used which is also used by some other "GROUP"

en.wikipedia.org...

Some of these sites may have origins in some cult etc.

I'll look into it more though.

They made some interesting connections with the original movie Dune and a few others.

Babylon? www.jahtruth.co.uk...

Interesting connections anyway. Cult or not, I wouldn't join any of these, but I'm always intersted in interpretations. The Rastafari is also interesting, but the road to hell is said to be paved with good intentions.
Put that in ur pipe and smoke it.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
in response to the above poster, rastafarianism is not a cult. its a worldwide, accepted religion.

in response to the OP, from what i've read on that site, it is heavily biased towards British people. it seems an Englishmen wrote it, according to his fancies concerning the bible. Yes the bible is highly allegorical. No, the Israelite people are not the British. he uses some wildly speculative idea that because the coat of arms has a white horse on it, somehow this means British people are Israelite, which makes no sense because the coat of arms was created much much later, and British people historically come straight from the British Isles, Rome and Northern France. Also a nice mix of Celts in there as well.

Disinfo, but probably not purposeful, rather, the author seems sincere, meaning he/she/they, truly believe what they have written, and created a website to share their views.

take it with more than a solid block of salt. Many things written on there simply don't mesh. But they are forced to mesh in some highly convoluted way.

Love and Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This interpretation is the most well researched one I have come across, and I have come across quite a few which all had some obvious error/errors about them. I don't see any obviously untrue or mistaken claim in this one as the writer explains his research very well.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

www.jahtruth.co.uk...

"On the beautiful Ulster flag there is a "Red Hand" mounted on the "Star of David", under a Royal Crown. Why would symbols of Israel's royalty be on the flag of people who have been taught that they are gentiles?"

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Saying "Some of these sites may have origins in some cult etc." - without you sourcing material evidence relevant to your sentence is no different from any ATS poster saying that 'YOU' may have origins in some cult, etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This site appears to have more of a connection to the Koran. If they came out and said this, I wouldn't really care as some of what is history is some type of disinformation. But unfortunately, it's typical for some to say that they have and know the real truth.

The Koran:
www.jahtruth.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It is blatantly obvious you have never read the Koran if this is the best you can come up with in regards to your thoughts on the site.

Personally i am not religious and have studied theology and the roots of religion for over 25 years. It appears to me you do not have much knowledge on the subject of Religion or History, especially of Britain and it's roots. I am born and bred in Britain. Theology and History are two of my favourite subjects. I have found nothing on the site so far that i disagree with.

Would you care to state specifically what you found on the site to be an error and state with evidence the proof of what you believe to be an error ?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rammy
I would be interested in the the thoughts of all on ATS with regards to the information or disinformation on this site -

www.jahtruth.co.uk...

Very imaginative. I'd give it an "F" because the research is so biased and draws from a source in the 1800's that wanted to prove the Irish were the "Children of God." The author makes the mistake that no other language exists (or ever existed) in the whole world other than English (so that "unicorn" and "unique horn" are similar and not "uni"="one" and "cornus"="horn" (where the animal's name really comes from.))

This is the preaching of someone who is breaking apart English to try and get the sense of religious messages inscribed 2100 years ago from another culture and written in several different languages. He then offers you his "true Bible" which he has rewritten/reinterpreted based on his knowledge of English as The Only Language (I have a suspicion that he thinks the Bible is a single book and was all written in the English of King James' court.)

If you are looking for truth and enlightenment, I think you would do better to read St. Augustine or St. Francis or the Early Church Fathers rather than this ethnocentric screed.

The real story of it, matching a known legend rather than an imaginative reinterpretation of the Bible is here: en.wikipedia.org...

The story of Lir of the Silver Hand is very ancient and well known.

There is/was no "Teia Tephi the queen of Israel and Gibraltar". That isn't a Jewish name (and they had no last names back then)... nor does it exist as an old Gaelic name. In earlier versions of the story, she was a princess and not a queen and not a princess of Israel (which would have been impossible since in those days. Jeremiah was a scribe and not a prince and apparently had no children: en.wikipedia.org...

In fact, the princes found him such an annoyance that they threw him in prison (as it says in the Bible.)

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
After years of studying I have found this to be the best explanation of the four horsemen. I believe in strict Bible based study and I this is the purest version I have found. I hope you enjoy.

The Horsemen of Revelation 6
Who can you trust when it comes to explaining the meaning of the mysterious four horsemen of Revelation? Simply put, it is Jesus Christ who "has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals" (Revelation 1:1-2, 5:2, 5, 8-10). The first four seals of Revelation 6 show four horsemen.
How, then, does Jesus Christ explain these first four seals? Remarkably, Jesus detailed the meaning of the horsemen of Revelation in Matthew's account of the Olivet Prophecy. This prophecy, the longest one given at any time to His disciples, parallels the prophecy in Revelation 6, where the four horsemen are mentioned. Notice this amazing comparison.

False Christianity and the White Horse

"And I looked, and behold, a white horse. And he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer" (Revelation 6:2).
"Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,' and will deceive many" (Matthew 24:4-5).
The worldwide trend to arise on the scene after Christ's resurrection was the emergence of many false preachers, and false apostles deceiving many. They would, over time, infiltrate the Church of God and corrupt the true message that He brought from the Father. (Please send for our free booklet, Restoring Apostolic Christianity.) Jude, the younger brother of Jesus, exhorted the Church to "contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered… For certain men have crept in unnoticed..." who would "turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ" (Jude 3-4).
The Apostle Paul also witnessed the beginning of this deception in his day. He referred to such teachers as "false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ" similar to Satan who appears as an "angel of light" (2 Corinthians 11:13-15. Note vv. 3-4).
Satan's masquerade is depicted in the vision of the white horse of Revelation 6. The horseman astride a white horse appears to resemble Jesus Christ. However, the true Jesus Christ has eyes like "flames of fire." He wears "many crowns," and brandishes the sword, not a bow (Revelation 19:11-15). This sharp two-edged sword is none other than the Word of God (Hebrews 4:12), which comes out of Jesus Christ's mouth to "strike the nations." Therefore, the first horseman of Revelation 6 represents a world trend of false Christianity that will steadily increase in power and influence. This deception will culminate in the rise to power of a religious leader who "opposes and exalts himself" above God! (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, 8-9).

The Red Horse and Scourge of War

"And another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword" (Revelation 6:4).
"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom" (Matthew 24:6-7).
The rider of this red horse takes peace from the earth. War, by definition, is the absence of peace, and is the world's greatest scourge. The history of this world is a history of conflict at an enormous cost of human life and suffering. Jesus Christ, the revelator, stated emphatically that the world trend of "war and rumor of wars" would continue to build toward the time of the end, exploding into the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24:21-22).

The Black Horse of Famine

"And I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine" (Revelation 6:5-6).
The immediate results of war include decimation of food stores, destroyed livestock, contaminated water supply, and a rationing of existing supplies, while the majority of supplies are diverted to support a standing army. Faced with the reality of war with its neighbors, rival countries have allowed mass starvation to go unchecked. Upset weather conditions, drought, pestilence, and overpopulation have compounded the problem in those areas. Jesus warned that the world trend of famine would worsen as we approach the time of Christ's return.

The Pale Horse of Pestilence

"And I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth." (Revelation 6:8).
"And there shall be... pestilences" (Matthew 24:7).
Jesus revealed that down through history, mankind would experience pestilences. The potential for worldwide plagues has already manifested itself. AIDS-related infections have spread to every continent and continue unchecked. Virulent strains of influenza sweep around the world within days. Drug-resistant diseases, thought to be eradicated, have resurfaced to threaten the world's populations again. Super bugs, resistant to chemical sprays, also threaten world agriculture. The pale horse of Revelation is a precursor of the horrifying specter of global diseases and pestilence spinning out of control that will destroy 25 percent of all human life.
It becomes clear, concerning the apocalyptic vision that John saw, that the horsemen of Revelation depict the "beginning of sorrows" that will expand into the Great Tribulation prior to Christ's return.

top topics

join