It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold and Silver won't save you.....Ezekiel 7:19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You see massive amounts of advertisements tell you to buy gold and silver.

For security ...........an investment in your future.

As a Bible believing christian I give you this warning from Ezekiel 7:19

They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed, their silver and gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their eniquity.

What is the conspiracy here?

Do the governments know that gold will soon be worthless as currency.....and are they getting rid of it by selling it to us?

Let the flaming begin....................

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
um.. i think it's being.. *GASP* metaphorical in the sense that your material wealth is not going to do anything for you when your soul.. the core of you.. the "behavioral tendencies" you show most.. are viewed . .and either judged as valuable or worthless.. to joining a galactic community...

or as christians like to say it .."whether you're worthy to join god in heaven" yadda yadda...

its essentially saying.. hey.. you can have all the gold and silver you want.. but it's not going to help you out in the long run when you arrive at a specific point.. and you're psychologically pollutted and corrupt...

you'll just watch people that have remained or have made themselves pure of mind and heart.. go on past you.. because whatever minds are "out there" ... will only value the pure of mind and heart... over animalistic impure "sinners"...

(im sure they can find that type of person anywhere int eh universe and it's not very valuable to them... actually is probably dangerous to save those types from destruction...)

anyway... it's a metaphor.. it's symbolic.

your virtue in helping your fellow man outweighs your holding onto a shiney metal.

capiche?

-
-

[edit on 16-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well, firstly the government discourages gold and they have a long historical record of doing so. The only currency used in this nation is paper and credit, and neither is pegged to the market value of gold. Gold is going to sky rocket when the dollar collapses.

I think the point Ezekiel is trying to make is that material riches cannot feed you, teach you, or sustain any part of your existence when it comes to down to the basics of living. And that those things can be taken from you at any moment and you could find yourself in ruin where once you stood in opulence.

Simply put:

This leads people to where America is, too comfortable to to know how survive. Humanity must not forget its' place in nature.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I like the way you worded your reply and do believe in wha you said. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Yep, you should look at Proverbs 8 to see what it means.

www.biblegateway.com...

I'll hit a few points, recommend the entire chapter(in context as is meant, not a verse here and there as a preacher might do). You will need knowledge and understanding(wisdom) and it is way more valuable than gold and silver.

8All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

12I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

13The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

14Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

Continues on, again read it all IMO.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Obviously, when he says fill their treasures he isn't talking about gold and silver, but rather that which is much more valuable, knowledge and wisdom.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Although I agree with you, that the bible often says that gold and silver etc. aren't something that should be desired at all, I think that this passage is a little bit more specific:

- First, that passage seems to give you a certain timeframe when this will happen, namely at the day of the Lord.

- Second, at this time there seems to happen something, that makes the people actually realise that their money has no worth (at least in that special situation).

- Third, in that special situation "gold and silver" will not even be able to "fill their bowels"

If you look at the context, I think you can see the reason for this: There actually seems to be a famine. Because of the food-shortage most people would have to fight for their survival, so they will not accept money if others want to buy food from them. They just hardly have enough for themselves.
So in this case money will neither be able to save one's souls nor one's live.

Ezekiel 7:14-19

14 They have blown the trumpet, even to make all ready; but none goeth to the battle: for my wrath is upon all the multitude thereof. 15 The sword is without, and the pestilence and the famine within: he that is in the field shall die with the sword; and he that is in the city, famine and pestilence shall devour him. 16 But they that escape of them shall escape, and shall be on the mountains like doves of the valleys, all of them mourning, every one for his iniquity. 17 All hands shall be feeble, and all knees shall be weak as water. 18 They shall also gird themselves with sackcloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads. 19 They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.

I personally even don't think, that this passage necessarily says that Gold and Silver will become worthless as a currency in the next few years. I think that this passage just wants to tell us, that money is worthless when there happens to be a emergency (with war, pestilences and famine), as there will be at the day of the Lord.

Edit: I want to add that it seems that this passage also wants to say, that the people are punished in that certain way, because money seems to be a large part of their iniquity. So that passage wants to say that putting your trust and too much value in money is bad and describes therefore a certain future event, where people are punished and have to realise that money cannot save them...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Kaleon]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemo001

You see massive amounts of advertisements tell you to buy gold and silver.

For security ...........an investment in your future.

As a Bible believing christian I give you this warning from Ezekiel 7:19

They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed, their silver and gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their eniquity.

What is the conspiracy here?

Do the governments know that gold will soon be worthless as currency.....and are they getting rid of it by selling it to us?

Let the flaming begin....................

Its quite simple. The bible doesn't talk in conspiracies.

Gold will not save you.

Full stop.

The US at the moment is so concerned with itself and refuses to acknowledge the evil that it has perpetrated. This manifested in the Bush era.

People are so full of Pride and greed is the mainstay...

People believe it is economics that will save America.

Why do you thing God allowed 9/11 to happen?

Why do you think god allowed the Economic Crash to happen?

Gold will not save you and money will not either.

It's as plain as day.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
In the new milleneum the alchemists may finally perfect the transmutation of metals; ie, turning lead (or other elements) into gold (Au). With sophisticated particle accelerators to modify the orbits of electrons, scientists may be closer than we know to realistically doing this. In fact it has already been done I understand....but it is not economically feasible at this point. In other words, it costs much more than the gold is worth to create it. But in the future that may not be the case and we may have (virtually) "free gold" to go along with "free energy"....Welcome to the new milleneum...let the sun shine in...will you still be here?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
the reply by Kaleon has voiced my take on the passage...
but more specifically it specifies "...the day of the wrath of the Lord: ...."
which tells me that this Ezekiel passage has to do with the time in
Revelations, during the persecution & wrath poured out on those who
accepted the 'mark-of-the-beast'

this warning from Ezekiel 7:19

but in another sense, the 'cast their silver in the streets'
may mean common money in the form of taxes is being drained out of circulation... the gov't will confiscate gold as was done in the great depression.
Then whatever gold & silver that was secretly hoarded for a flight to safety
to another land...would be of no value or use... as there will be no sanctuary from the global, moral-economic-social collapse taking place.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
@St Udio:

Yes you are right, it says "the day of the wrath of the Lord", but I think both terms describe the same theme (when the bible talks about the day of the Lord, this always seems to be connected with wrath and judgement; I added an interesting link at the end of my post that talks about the day of the Lord).

I do also think, that the events described in Ezekiel 7:19 will happen rather at the beginnig of the tribulation or maybe even immediately before. These events would fit very well to the descriptions of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
Nevertheless I have to mention that if the author of the article I linked is right, the four horsemen will come before the day of the Lord begins. But I think this could happen immediately before the beginning. And that they come before the day of the Lord doesn't mean that their effects would not be felt during the day of the Lord.
So ezekiel 7:19 and the four horsemen could still describe the same events.

Originally posted by St Udio

may mean common money in the form of taxes is being drained out of circulation... the gov't will confiscate gold as was done in the great depression.
to another land...would be of no value or use... as there will be no sanctuary from the global, moral-economic-social collapse taking place.

I think I do disagree that this is meant by this passage. It seems that the people throw out their money themselves. It seems not to be taken from them.
Ok, ok the bible version that I quoted says that , "their gold shall be removed" but other versions seem to translate this differently:

bible.cc...

@spacial:

Well, I think it would be a little bit off topic to discuss the "problem of evil" here. But I agree to a certain degree, that we should work ourselves to get things done and that we should not wait and sleep and hope that god will solve every problem for us (the bible seems to demand that we work; God for example often seems to use servants to get his will done - Nevertheless I don't want to say that we shouldn't trust god or that we shouldn't pray or ask for support from god).

I do also think that god really withdrew from directly interfering with human affairs to some extent. But he will turn his face back (esspecially towards Israel) and will actively start to intervene in worldhistory at the beginning of the day of the Lord. And the events of that "day" will actually lead to a cleansing of the earth from evil. Finally a time is prophesied (either as a direct result of the day of the Lord or this happens after the 1000 year reign of Christ) where there will no longer be crying or weeping and where god will actually answer his people before they even ask (Isaiah 65: 17-25).

A very interesting article about the day of the Lord (What it is, how, when and why it begins and how it ties with revelation) can be found here:

www.redmoonrising.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
@St Udio:

Yes you are right, it says "the day of the wrath of the Lord", but I think both terms describe the same theme (when the bible talks about the day of the Lord, this always seems to be connected with wrath and judgement; I added an interesting link at the end of my post that talks about the day of the Lord).

I do also think, that the events of Ezekiel 7:19 happen at the beginning of the tribulation or maybe even before, because I think that the four horsemen of the apocalypse seem to describe the same events.
Nevertheless I have to mention that, if the author of the article I linked is correct, the four horsemen come before the day of the Lord begins. But it could be that the four horsemen come immediately before the beginning of the Lord's day. And that they appear before its beginning doesn't mean that their effects will not be felt during the day of the Lord. So the four horsemen could still fit to ezekiel 7:19.

Originally posted by St Udio

I think I do disagree that this is described in this passage. It seems that the people throw out their money themselves. It seems not to be taken from them.
Ok, ok the bibleversion I quoted says that "their gold shall be removed" but other version seem to translate this differently:

bible.cc...

@spacial:

Well, I think it would be a little bit off topic to discuss the "problem of evil" here. But I agree to a certain degree, that we should work ourselves to get things done and that we should not wait and sleep and hope that god will solve every problem for us (the bible seems to demand that we work; God for example often seems to use servants to get his will done - Nevertheless I don't want to say that we shouldn't trust god or that we shouldn't pray or ask for support from god).

I do also think, that god really withdrew from directly interfering with human affairs to some extent. But he will turn his face back (esspecially towards Israel) and will actively start to intervene in worldhistory at the beginning of the day of the Lord. And the events of that "day" will actually lead to some kind of cleansing of the earth from evil. Finally a time is prophesied (either as a direct result of the day of the Lord or this happens after the 1000 year reign of Christ) where there will no longer be crying or weeping and where god will actually answer his people before they even ask (Isaiah 65: 17-25).

A very interesting article about the day of the Lord (What it is, how, when and why it begins and how it ties with revelation) can be found here:

www.redmoonrising.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The Way Home or Face the Fire -

www.jahtruth.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To me it means that on the day of God's wrath, which nobody knows exactly when it will be, could be tomorrow or 2012 or ten years from now, Earthly riches and possessions will not weigh in our favor, only the fruits of our deeds will. Every one of us, from the Rothschilds to the most downtrodden will be judged in the same light.

We have nobody to blame except ourselves on the day of Judgement.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
@St Udio:

@spacial:

I do also think that god really withdrew from directly interfering with human affairs to some extent. But he will turn his face back (esspecially towards Israel) and will actively start to intervene in worldhistory at the beginning of the day of the Lord. And the events of that "day" will actually lead to a cleansing of the earth from evil. Finally a time is prophesied (either as a direct result of the day of the Lord or this happens after the 1000 year reign of Christ) where there will no longer be crying or weeping and where god will actually answer his people before they even ask (Isaiah 65: 17-25).

www.redmoonrising.com...

Well I believe god talks to all hearts but some have to much hatred, fear, and pride (especially national pride) jealousy etc... to hear

So I don't agree god withdrew, it is humans that withdrew from the heart.

God is always there.

So when you normally have an intuition of danger approaching, you listen and sure enough something happens and you avert it.

But lately in the US this has evaporated and people need knowns and have become extremely materialistic and self obsessed.

This has let danger in and it doesn't look like people (or the nation) are admitting their mistakes but rather holding on to their pride.

Things will not get better until this very simple thing happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well, I think it doesn't get clear from my last posting, what I really wanted to say, sorry.
So I try to explain it a bit better:

What I wanted to say is, that according to the bible there seemed to be other times when God interacted differently with mankind than today:

- For example Adam and Eve seemed to have a very direct communication with god and they didn't have to die (--> less or no suffering compared to today). Nevertheless this kind of relationship was destroyed by eating the forbidden fruit.

- After the people tried to build the tower of babel, god destroyed it and he scattered the nations and divided the tongues. Further it seems he gave most of the nations over to be ruled by the sons of god and not by god himself (here is a good site for more information about this www.thedivinecouncil.com... ). So one could actually say god withdrew at least partially from those nations.

- After that event god called Abraham. The nation that originated from him (Isreal) god kept for himself. That was therefore the only nation that was directly ruled by god.
With Israel, he also seemed to have a relatively direct relationship. He spoke to them by the prophets, gave them his laws, he led them out of egypt etc.

Today things seem to be a little bit different. God doesn't seem to interact so directly and so visible with mankind (particularly Israel) as he did at other times. It seems, because of the sins of the people, there were certain steps where he withdrew to some degree. If he had not, there might be less suffering in the world today and we might have the same direct communication with him as Adam and Eve had ect. (So maybe one could say people were withdrawing from god and as a consequence god withdrew from them).

It could be that in this time, we as christians should be some kind of representatives of God/Jesus by serving him till Jesus comes back. Regardless, to say "he withdrew" might be really the wrong expression (he is rather "silent" or "invisible"), because when Jesus left, he also promised us a special comforter (the holy ghost) and he promised to be in the midst of those who gather in his name (Mat 18:20).
On a personal level I also think you are right. We are commanded to pray and to trust god. If we do his will I think he will hear us and help us. If we withdraw from him and sin then I think he will also withdraw from us.

But, no matter how absent god my be or may seem today, as I said, it seems that at the "Day of the Lord" he will directly intervene in human affairs. This will start with god destroying the army of Gog.

Ezekiel 39: 6-8

6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD. 7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel. 8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

And somewhen after the day of the Lord, there will be a time when a direct communication with god will be reinstituted (god answers his people before they even ask e.g.) and where there will be no suffering (for example Isaiah 65: 17-25).

PS:
The anonymous guy was me. I somehow logged out during I was writing the posting. So when I posted the massage, I obviously posted as Anonymous. But I didn't know this (anonymous postings don't show up immediately) so I posted a second time as Kaleon.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Kaleon]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
1) you cant eat it, 2) it doesnt generate a force field to protect you, 3) in a cashless digital society it wont be accepted, 4) it may be recalled making one a criminal for failure to comply....

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Be a good person regardless of what religion tells you, it's a shame that people need religion to tell them how to think, act, or have to try to scare them into being good so they get into a place called heaven.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
attempt to clarify the interpetation of the line: They will cast their silver into the streets

these streets or roadways & thoroughfares are public routes, supported by taxes & therefore free to use by the general population

the passage is referring to two classes of socio-economic status...
the 'silver' is the commoners coin, and the idea of throwing Silver
into the streets is actually telling the reader that the commoners will be
literally throwing their daily wage into the collective pot... via Taxes.

the other class are the gold holders, and even that commodity gets seized... [perhaps the code message is that the PM/gold will be completely
swamped by the fiat currency...] even like whats happening right now,
with the elites collecting kaboodles of fiat money in bailouts, bonuses, pay
while gold is taken from the financial system (but not the economic system)

[edit on 19-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Owning a boat will land your arse in Hell -

"Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you." - Leviticus 11:12

join