It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear Comes to the Russian Heartland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Fear Comes to the Russian Heartland

www.newsweek.com

The Kremlin evidently sees worse trouble ahead. In December it shelved plans to retire 280,000 Army officers (part of a sweeping military reform). A long-expected reduction in the number of Interior Ministry troops was also abruptly canceled. At the same time, the Interior Ministry set up a special command center in Moscow, packed with surveillance equipment designed to deal with street unrest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

The biggest threat lies in cities like Magnitogorsk—company towns that are dominated by a single industry. Russia has an unusually high number of them: a quarter of the population is estimated to live and work in one of roughly 1,500 "monotowns," as they are called. They're relics of the old Soviet-era command economy, dating back to Stalin's efforts to create an industrialized nation overnight. They are especially vulnerable in this frightening global downturn. "Our plant has been the main employer in this city for 80 years," says MMK (the steel plant's Russian initials) spokeswoman Elena Azovtseva. "When this plant stops, everything here stops."

Russia fears growing unrest due to the economic slowdown. Already there have been riots due to the levying of new taxes. A former KGB colonel is even saying that they are expecting mass riots. What does this mean for the west? If Russia blows up, will western countries follow?

www.newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The same preparations are being made here in the USA. I believe that this economic tsunami has not just been foreseen, but was pre-planned, even engineered. People will need to be cold, hungry and terrified in order to accept the total and global control that is planned for us. The PTB are in the process of creating those conditions, and are prepared to deal with the angry mobs that will result. In fact, they probably will create the angry mobs themselves so as to have excuse for a draconian military clampdown. Should be fun.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well, it is likely we will enter heavy riots and some anarchy.
More likely tax revolts and violent marches. Kind of like the L.A riots but worse.
If this 'stimulus bill' fails.....so will the world come down with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This stuff is gonna start all over pretty soon.
People around the World aren't gonna take it much longer.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

ah well.. what can one fear? death?

Riots!! wooohoooo "always makes for good TV"

But sadley this is not the case.. make way for a new way of living!!

its called DIYL do it yourself living.. Now were did i put my spear and arrow.. makes you wonder what are the benifits of being a lazy slob that has no connection with the planet we live on..

Think ill go to africa and start hunting crap or eat widdgergubs, if all els fails i can grown crap in my "garden"..

OH Wow NOOOO i cant grow foood that means i have to USE MY BRAIN AND WAIT for it to grown I DEMAND IT NOW PLEASE OK?

there is the problem NOW MEMEMEM NOW NOWN WONWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWONWNOWNOWONWONWONNOW

NOW = NWO

Some people just get the letters MIXED UP..

new topics

top topics

join