It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tactical Airsoft and Sit-X Training in New England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sorry moderator if i placed this in wrong area i wasnt quite sure where to post this. If you live in newengland within a couple hours drive of eastern massachusetts this post might be for you.

Are you interested in training for situation "X?"
Whether it be Zombies, Aliens, Nuclear war, an invasion, natural disaster, or a civil war it would help to be prepared in as many ways as possible.

Im looking to see if enough people would be interested in forming an airsoft training league both for fun and getting experience in the field. if the group is succesful at that then i dont see why it couldnt move onto other prepardness and learning techniques, such as how to build a shelter in the wild or how to make a forge to salvage and use scrap metal. anything someone can teach or learn as a group.

please post your opinions and u2u me if you are interested in forming the group if enough people are interested in forming the "Sit-X" organization ill u2u back info on a online group chat to discuss it further with all the responders looking for a minimum of 8 people to respond anymore then that works as well.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Whether it be Zombies, Aliens, Nuclear war, an invasion, natural disaster, or a civil war

Air soft toys are not going to help you, no matter how much practice you do..come on man get real

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
actually it will help, cant go using my ar-15 on people can i? airsoft helps with tactics and communication, and considering blankfiring laser transmitting practice rifles are reserved for the military and law enforcement airsoft is a great alternative.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by JustInCase101]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
So your in England and have an ar 15? yeah man..if you had that rifle you'd know that comparing the tool of death to a kids toy is insane..grow up or just go play with your toy's

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Lighten up Pockets. The OP was suggesting tactical training. Even the military uses 'laser tag' systems for tactical training. Airsoft, paintball, laser tag, really doesn't matter. The real problem with this suggestion is that tactical training is only helpful if, when Sit-X hits, the people you're with have had the same tactical training. Tactical training is used to get a group to work together. It won't, for the most part, help an individual.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Comparing an ar 15 to an airsoft is crazy talk, it in no way reflects what the ar 15 is and can do, practising with bb guns will get you no where

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thank you at least you get my point. beyond the tactical training the group could come together to learn other things for situation-x like forging,foraging, shelter anything anyone can teach and learn as a group.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

lol pockets, and using laser tag like the military does represents the power of an assault rifle? no it doesnt.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JustInCase101

Read the posts it wasn't me who mentioned laser tag

100 lines

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

No but you claim that as airsoft is a toy it will never help you in any way shape or form

Air soft toys are not going to help you, no matter how much practice you do..come on man get real

Laser Tag is another toy, and yet the military uses it to practice. Therefore your first statement is flawed.

Besides he was talking about tactical training, ie coordination and communication. Everyone knows a 6mm .2g bb isn't a .223 round, you just seem to have missed the point of the op.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Wow!! I am guessing that you know absolutely nothing about tactical training! If what you say is true then why do law enforcement agencies around the country use air soft for situational training? I have a situational air soft training facility near me in Grand Rapids MI that SWAT from all over the state come to for training in CQB. You should lighten up, or go stick your head back in the sand. On a side note you should learn some reading and comprehension skills as well. The OP said that he lived in NEW ENGLAND which is in the states not ENGLAND! Before you flame someone you should get your facts straight.

As for the OPs post I do think that using air soft for situational training is an excellent idea. It will give you the feel for a given situation, and give you better reaction time as well. I would participate, but I live entirely too far away.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I admit my wrong doings, but stand by the fact that airsoft training is not going to help

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
So your in England and have an ar 15? yeah man..if you had that rifle you'd know that comparing the tool of death to a kids toy is insane..grow up or just go play with your toy's

I believe the gentalman said "NEW" England as in one of the New England States Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. Tactical training is valuable irregardless of the "weapon" used airsoft is a fine training tool, You sir do not know what you are talking about.

OP your training will be usefull but try to train with the people you would eventually end up with in a Sit X scenario, remember if your group is small in numbers you need to adopt special forces like tactics, hit hard hit fast and extract quickly, if you have more than a small group split two smaller groups off to protect the main assault forces flanks for when they are trying to break contact.

Good Luck

Sailor

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Airsoft is indeed used for tactics and communication practice, as well as room clearing drills and such.

You get the feel for the real weapon in more advanced training/shooting practice.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
it would work better if you used paintball guns instead airsoft (u can tell for fatal shots). just find a large area, set up some obsticals and at least two bases, then set up traps along the way (I.E. some type of sensor to automatically set of some paintball guns from any angle, splater paint to show explosives. maybe trip wires, anything u think u may experience in live combat) make sure that there is more that one way to a base though, and a lot of traps to test reaction time.

if you do get enough people have two teams(at least), but mix up the teams at random after each round, and cycle through leader positions to get an idea of who would be best for what job. (basic tactical training)

it would also help to do some night trainging also. my advice though, have an outside party rearrange the field beforehand so your in an unfamilliar area when u train. every now and then go to another area to train. (survival training, stealth training, and testing ability to take control of combat situations)

the whole problem with all this is it takes time and money. if your gonna do this, don't cheap out on anything. you have to be dedicated to this.

thats all this anon can, and will say

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the support and advice sailor and all others who understand the signifigance of situational training and prepardness. drop a guy in a warzone or hostile situation and the only training he has is target practice and hell be dead in minutes. Communication takes effective teamwork training and recognizing hostiles and friendlies quickly and effectivley

top topics

join