It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Will Offer Path to Citizenship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If someone is willing to volunteer to serve in our military - volunteer to protect and defend this country - then I say MOVE THEM TO TO FRONT OF THE CITIZENSHIP LINE!!
I'd welcome them with open arms. Absolutely!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I raised my right hand in 1980 when I enetered the US Navy. I spent six years aboard a fleet ballistic missile submarine (USS Stonewall Jackson).

I tried to re-enlist last week in SOME capacity, but was turned away because of my age (46).

With the changes that are coming in the next 24 months, I honestly feel that being a member of the military will provide a certain degree of protection.

Now I have to find an alternate path.....

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is this what they mean when they say there are/will be several thousand foreigners stationed in the US to herd you all to FEMA Death Camps?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
When I lived in Texas, I knew several hispanics who received their US citizenship this way during the Vietnem war. This is not a new idea. Also, during bootcamp my brother company had a young Mexican national doing the same thing, serving in the US Navy to get his American citizenship.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If someone is willing to volunteer to serve in our military - volunteer to protect and defend this country - then I say MOVE THEM TO TO FRONT OF THE CITIZENSHIP LINE!!

They might be less attach to the country and also less emotionally attach to the people.

Originally posted by Wotan
Is this what they mean when they say there are/will be several thousand foreigners stationed in the US to herd you all to FEMA Death Camps?

Yes, if you want someone to guard death camps, it'll work well with people who's not related to the prisoners of course. I don't think that's the reason though.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
This is exactly what Alex Jones said they''d do..

get immigrants to push around the american citizens via military policing.

Isn't that what Rome did, hire outside foreigners to police and push around citizens? I remember hearing on Jones' show too from a woman in the military, IIRC, that while American troops cannot carry their gun clips on base, the Bosnian and Ugandan troops on base are walking around loaded.

Order 66 anyone?

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Darky6K]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this. They have to have lived here legally for two years and not have left more than 90 days during that two years, so it's not like they are going to let people join who have been here for two weeks. Illegal immigrants aren't going to be getting in.

The military does not allow illegal immigrants to enlist, and that policy would not change, officers said. Recruiting officials pointed out that volunteers with temporary visas would have already passed a security screening and would have shown that they had no criminal record.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Protect and defend this country - in exchange for citizenship?
It's a dirty way to get your volunteers.
They would be signing up to be citizens -
not because they want to protect and defend -
... and possibly die.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There seems to be quite a few opinions on this... hmmm...

"Military is bad". OK, so you don't like someone stopping the bad guys from blowing up your city. You do know there really are bad guys out there, right? Not all of them are in US politics (although quite a few are). I for one am thankful we have a military, despite the problems we do occasionally have with it. And a side effect of that thankfulness is support and pride in our military personnel.

"Foreigners defending our freedom." Ah, yes, perhaps we should get Americans to defend America. Ummm, wait, aren't most people saying this American? Er, why aren't you signing up? Let's face it, the typical US citizen today is too lazy, too self-centered, and too cowardly to fight his/her own battles. (Those who are not such, please realize I may not be talking about you.)

"We're just hiring mercenaries." Ummm, OK. And your point is? Let's face it, people do things for profit, even if the thing they do is something they want to do. I would much rather work on cutting-edge robotic designs in my new shop than pull odd shifts at a dead-end grunt job. Too bad no one has offered to pay me for the time I spend in that shop yet. Soldiers as well, enlist expecting something in return for their time and service, be that money, education, benefits, etc., etc., etc. (I will not go on my typical rant here about how disappointing the realization of those benefits can be later on after discharge.) The highest paid prostitute in the world is typically called a 'wife'. Does that make wives bad? NO! It would make them stupid to put up with the BS most men (including myself) come up with without expecting something in return. You can think of soldiers the same way. They are all mercenaries in a sense, but that does not make them evil.

"Starship Troopers." That's what I thought when I read the title. But this isn't talking about requiring military enlistment to become a full citizen with voting rights; it is talking about offering a different path to citizenship, while maintaining our military despite a national apathetic movement and a country full of lazy selfish crybabies. Come on guys, it was a movie. You can come back to reality now. I know it sucks, but it's gonna drag you in anyway, might as well come in awake and aware...

I support this move. I will gladly welcome any immigrant who has served honorably in our military as a fellow citizen. And as a hero.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by StonyJ

You could probably go cross service to the Army.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
Protect and defend this country - in exchange for citizenship?
It's a dirty way to get your volunteers.

No. It's giving citizenship to those who really deserve it. It's giving citizenship to those who love this country enough to protect it. As a veteran ... I approve completely.

We have enough people sneaking in who don't give a hoot about this country. I say - let those who love this country and/or way of life enough to defend it get their citizenship first.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by StonyJ

You could probably go cross service to the Army.

I was on a nuclear submarine! I can't imagine what I would do in the Army!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join