It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prince of hypocrites: Charles embarks on 16,000 mile 'green' crusade... aboard a private jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The Prince of hypocrites: Charles embarks on 16,000 mile 'green' crusade... aboard a private jet

www.dail ymail.co.uk

Prince Charles was accused of hypocrisy last night for using a private jet on an 'environmental' tour of South America.

The prince will travel to the region next month in a visit costing an estimated £300,000 as part of his crusade against global warming.

He will use a luxury airliner to transport himself, the Duchess of Cornwall and a 14-strong entourage to Chile, Brazil and Ecuador on a 16,400-mile round trip.

The couple will be flying with an exclusive Portuguese-based charter company, which cannot be named for security reasons, in an Airbus A319.

As a commercial aircraft it would have carried up to 134 passengers but now seats just 29.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Way to go Charlie!

If "one" going to do an environmental tour of countries that are considerably poorer than yours, "one" should use more environmentally friendly methods than a private jet designed for 134 people converted to seat just 29 and carry masses of baggage and all the V.I.P. comforts of home.

Call yourself a leader?

While I understand the many engagements he has and the staff he needs, this just sounds over the top considering the present economic climate. And saying he'll "offset" the huge carbon footprint of 322 tons doesn't make up for the fact that he is responsible for putting it out there in the first place.

Not a good message for the people if you ask me, I imagine the flag-waving and innocent little schoolchildren he meets wouldn't really understand about this and most people will just be in awe to meet a "royal".

He better do a damn good job that's all I hope.

www.dail ymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is horrible.

If it had been a learjet or any small aircraft the emissions would have been lesser and easy to offset. But using a 319, is just more CO2 per head and also a waste of tax payers money in this time of crisis.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

And the fact that so few people have responded to this story here shows how little they care.

So easy for the "elite" to do as they wish these days isn't it? People only give a damn when it's in their own back yard it seems.

Maybe with all the recent plane accidents this is one to watch eh?

top topics

join