It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send Your 13 Bucks Back to the White House!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
seriously if 13 bucks a week is what they call a stimulus, we should just all send it back to the white house.

I would love to see the look on the president and congress' faces when thousands of checks for 13 bucks start showing up.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
LOL...before sending it back don't forget to write across the face of the check in big red bold letters...VOID!

~Holly

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think we ought to do this and maybe we should pay our taxes with Monopoly money, too.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tdubz

No!!! I want that toaster I've always dreamed of. The government owes me at least that!!!

:shk:

In all seriousness, though, the $13 doesn't kick in until June, and probably, by then, they will have passed another spending package that revokes the tax cuts in this one because they can no longer fund their pork if we get our measley pennies.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
We will all be sending it back eventually whether we like it or not. So will our children and our grandchildren.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The more I see the $13 amount the more I think we are all being punked. I mean, really
$13 Its a joke right? I bet nobody in Congress EVER eats one meal that costs less than $13

I actually am going to be MORE pissed if all these bozos get voted back in.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i'm all for sending them back with "VOID" written all over them. bunch of theives.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

We will all be sending it back eventually whether we like it or not. So will our children and our grandchildren.

That is the worst part of all. They are going to have to pay for this and they will have done nothing to deserve it.

If there is anyone out there in other countries that think we are going to rebound....don't fool yourself.

This country doesn't stand for what it once did.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i was thinking about why they are doing it this way instead of giving us a lumpsum like bush did, then i remembered, with the last stimulus the media kept saying that everyone was saving or paying off debt so it wasnt stimulating anything. I think the congress probably realized this and figured, " hey, why dont we give them the smallest amount possible a couple times a year, that way its not enough to pay off any bills. If they cant pay off any bills, maybe they will spend it on seomthing"

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

This is what will be sending back:

andrewdubinsky.com...

Who pays for the Stimulus? January 29, 2009 · 35 Comments I wanted to know who will PAY for the stimulus. I have heard numbers tossed out such as $6,700 per household, but not all households pay the same taxes. Most households pay nothing at all. So, I took the breakdown of who pays federal taxes by percentage of income and then looked at how many people that represents. The top 1% of taxpayers pay 39% of all federal income taxes. It stands to reason that those same earners will be required to pay the same or similar percentage of the stimulus. How much is that going to be? Bottom line: if you are in the top 1%, you can expect to pay almost $240,000 dollars of the stimulus. Here’s the chart. UPDATE: Here are the rough breakdowns per HOUSEHOLD income. Top 1% $~350,000 Top 5% $~150,000 Top 10% $~100,000 Top 25% $~64,000 Top 50% $~31,000

[edit on 2/13/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'd rather send it back with a big ol' "EFF YOU OBAMA!!!".

Actually, I'll spend it, I'll spend it on bringing down this NWO, that's what I'll do!

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'd like to send them a picture of my ass so they can kiss it.

Of course I'd probably have to slip them a 20 dollar bill to do it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Don't send it back! It might go into Obama's re-election fund!!!!!!

If we do send it back send it back in pennies!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I find it interesting that it is $13.00 and it was passed on Friday the 13th.

They got something going with that $13 number?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
would someone post what everyone is talking about?

i'm lost

officer: son did you know that girl was only 13?

suspect: yessir but i'm not superstitious.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'd like to start paying my share of the stimulus program back in dog poop. Nice fresh stuff. Manure is a thoughtful gift. A small token considering all they have dumped on us.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

top topics

join