It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Examples as to Why the Bible is to be Discarded

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My experience of religion is that it is thought virus, which is against nature. The dogma that is conditioned, forced upon, and believed by many has and continues to corrupt society thouroughly. It can ruin/split a person, a family, and society.

Here are a few examples of the hypocracy that plagues the unity and peace of the universe.

A new catch phrase: Save the planet, reject the bible.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by eye open doors]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
didnt you post this awhile back?

the video has already been answered

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
To understand the Bible is a hard work, you must be humble and patient and ask to GOD inlightment, The Sacred Book is sobrenatural . Study it and perhaps your mind will be opened. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The intention of my post wasn't meant as a debate, I can guess as to what the answer of those that support the bible would be. Something like those are from the old testament, and we don't use that anymore. Or whatever, I am not here to re educate. I may as well do this :bnghd: if that were the case.

I am offering those that wish to break free from the slavery of the will numbing thought virus some light. I know it is tough to open the eyes and see the light when blinders have been fastened for so long.

If you are out there... be strong. accept love.

another message to you, those who are awakening.

The priestly hierarchy subconsciously asserts that you are not good enough to communicate directly with the universe. That you need their fears to walk their path.

Cast aside these illusions. They were engineered and enforced to make them powerful and you to be weak. Hell is the whip, held in the hand which is dogma, to keep you in line and enslaved.

break free

love = freedom

[edit on 2/15/2009 by eye open doors]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

in other words, propaganda.

you want people possible at look at your video and ¨open their eyes¨ even though the points in the video have been thoroughly debunked in other threads as ¨scarecrow¨...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How could they be debunked when it's in the bible? This does not make sense. Unless of course there a semantic game called, I will make it up, and make it sound convincing.

and don't you thrust propaganda on me. The bible is one big piece of propaganda, perhaps the oldest still in use.

So you see the newly awakended. The feeling of rightness engrained so deeply. It could be seen as arrogance, however you must recognise that they do not know any better.

They've been conditioned to be this way. Know that they mean well.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

scarecrow¨...

I think Miriam meant "straw man" (as in a "straw man argument").

I don't think that English is Miriam's native language and she might not know that the term "scarecrow (argument)" would not be easily understood by many (native) English speakers.

(I hope that made sense, Miriam?)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

The video you posted is actually quite funny to me. It really was!

This guy (or gal) has no idea how much the video he made will send people RUSHING to the Bible to SEE (for themselves) if the Bible (and the context around it) actually SAYS these things.

This is SO FUNNY to me!

This video is like the guy in the "traveling circus" (early 20th century -USA) who was outside "hawking" for people to come inside the tent and check out the "freak show".

"Come one come all!
Let your senses be DAZZLED and TITILLATED!
FREAKS!
FREAKS, I say!
SEE...the freakish bearded lady!
GAZE...in disgust upon the world's FATTEST man!
STARE...at the Siamese Twins!
TRY TO OVERCOME SHOCK...at the "half-man-half-ape"!
BE REPULSED...at the Bible!
SEE it ALL folks!
BE REPULSED!"

Thanks for the video!

(And THANK YOU, Miriam, for noting the "straw man arguments" I don't think I would have watched the video without you pointing this out.)

Phil 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by PreTribGuy]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

I think it is too... Even "god" had a sense of humor. As for people rushing to read the bible. Great! Even better if it's Christians reading it, with a critical mind to boot. That may be too much to ask for though.

You are welcome

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Many people don't choose a belief system, IMO.
They are born into this system, IMO.

Systems are always dangerous. They can stop you from your personal development. Systems can brainwash you. Systems incapaciate your ability to think. Systems ...

... we are living in a society (synonym = system) that accepts normality but rejects individuality.

Greetings

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
No, this is ridiculous, you see eyes.

When souls don't search for revealed truth which a God would have to have if he's not divided against himself, then you have caous. I can't spell it but where there is division in belief there is non unity.

If everybody believes what they want, since it's not confined, then nothing is off limits in mans imagination.

Now you talk about religion as a virus.

Hell not for me. For me Christ gave me a (real) heart, I am completely opposite (for the better) then how I was before I knew him.

He, not me, not my pride, not my self love, he taught me real love.

So i don't agree that religion is a virus. I believe true religion creates literal saints filled with humility.

Not the love worldy people have. When they attribute everything to themselves. A humble love.

and in my religion, this is why God created the eucharist, to come inside us and replace us with him, and this is where he teaches us humiltiy.

and belief is not forced upon. people decide to believe, (want) to, and love to, and nobody puts a gun to their heads. You make it sound like all religious people are retarded idiots who have no choice.

Just not true.

as for sense of humor. Yes God has one, but it's more of a sense of joy like children have.

peace.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I apreciate your heart felt response, you do however makes assumptions about me. I have a feeling they are guided assumptions however, things that were taught to you. Things that were told.

One doesn't need religion for guidance, to know, or to be one with the universe, or God as you call it.

why should things be off limits? Yes the obvious, such as harming others or the self, but beyond that. Why sell the self short?

Why give the will away to some diety? Why give them the credit? This undermines the will. This gives too much power to people who can and will pull strings. Why allow another person, entity, or organisation to control you? To say this is the way?

I do not believe all religious people are retarded, however some I wonder how they can think and do as they do. Even though I know many give their power away, their will. Many are born into it, and must work extra hard to find their path.

Many in times of weakness are preyed upon by those that offer "a better way", but only if they get on their knees. Or they may decide to accept these teachings, and it may work for them. Great! as long as they mind their own business.

Why do you care what I say anyways?

you will not sway me to believe the way you do. Neither do I even attempt to think I can sway you. I would expect those strong in their faith to ignore this thread. To see it for what it is. you and all the others attempting to discredit, or sway, or whatever will only serve my worldview. Same with what I say to you. This is me being honest, because I don't care for your religious beliefs, your semantics, your memes, or your conditioned rules.

I do not play by them... They mean nil to me! And that's ok, it's your trip. I still love each and every one of you, and if you were ever broken down on the street, I would stop... I would offer whatever loving help I could give. I would give food, hugs, service, even money if the situation called for it.

This is for those who's path is beyond religion, but who are stuck within conditoned triggers. Who are seeking for strength. This is me saying it is possible to de program the conditioning, I did it myself. Starting over 15 years ago. I will tell, it was challenging. Take a stand if you know it is in your heart.

Know you right to walk your path, and you have the love within to walk in light. The devil and hell are stories created to keep you in line. Just words... letters stringed together. And belief in them gives it power. Cast those illusions aside.

Be free!

[edit on 2/16/2009 by eye open doors]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
How could they be debunked when it's in the bible? This does not make sense. Unless of course there a semantic game called, I will make it up, and make it sound convincing.

and don't you thrust propaganda on me. The bible is one big piece of propaganda, perhaps the oldest still in use.

because the video doesnt put much emphasis on thinking.

it uses simplistic reasoning with a superficial understanding of passages in order to prove a preformulated opinion about biblical faiths.

ill give you an example,

the video uses jesus saying that if your hand is causing you to stumble, then cut it off. so the movie lists why its repulsive.

"the verse is repulsive on three levels
-it is repulsive because jesus is such an idiot here. he is completely wrong."

oh well, end of debate right? jesus was an idiot AND was completely wrong. sounds convincing enough. well, at least until you actually think about it. (which btw, if this line was used in an actual debate, it would be thrown out as a baseless assertion)

if you were in the wilderness and you got trapped, say by a boulder. noone can help you and in a day or 2 you will likely die.

do you (a) die, or do you (b) cut the limb that is snagged off in hopes of surviving?

someone actually found themselves in that exact position. he choose to cut his arm off so that he could survive, and he did.

if jesus was such an idiot, and completely wrong, does that mean that this man is an idiot too? maybe he should have remained under the boulder and just died right?

but of course, actually thinking about it is not something the video wants you to do does it? it just slaps a repulsive sign on it and moves on.

"it is repulsive because it demands that people main themselves"

"demanded" no such thing. its the principle of the matter. oh wait, the video doesnt want to get into principles.

"it is repulsive because the entire concept of hell is repulsive."

of course the author of the video never actually researched into what hell is, if he did, then he wouldnt have said this. oh but wait, that would mean actually reading the bible and giving it the benefit of the doubt. cant have that can we?

hell is not torment or fiery, it is death, nonexistence, so jesus is saying that it is better to live without your hand, than die with your body whole. oh wait that makes perfect sense now doesnt it?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

So you see the newly awakended. The feeling of rightness engrained so deeply. It could be seen as arrogance, however you must recognise that they do not know any better.

They've been conditioned to be this way. Know that they mean well.

to all the newly awakened: if you dont think about whats being said, can you truly say you are awakened?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PreTribGuy
I think Miriam meant "straw man" (as in a "straw man argument").

oops...

thank you for catching that

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What about the NAG HAMMADI LIBRARY?
Read On the origin of the world LINK ... and once you have done it, compare it with Zecharia Sitchin's book the 12th Planet.

Greetings

ps: I won't tell you what conclusion you should come to. It's all up to you

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Miriam,

I understand your struggle. This isn't a debate though. I can understand your offense for that man saying Jesus is an idiot. I offended by many things the religious do, and things they are deliberately taught to over look.

Frankly, I don't do religois debate. It's absolutely pointless, and can be very agravating.

Since you raised a question, let me ask you this one.

How often does the relgious slap a repulsive lable on something, or someone and just mone on?

You don't have to answer that out loud. Truly I doubt you will consciously honest about it any ways.

TheWriter:

the 12th Planet you say. It looks interesting. The Nag Hammadi I have experience with. It is unfortunate that firstly it had to be hidden due to fear of being killed, and secondly that that the fellows who found it didn't know it's value. Some of it was burned for heat.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I can understand your offense for that man saying Jesus is an idiot. I offended by many things the religious do, and things they are deliberately taught to over look.

im not offended at all. im just pointing out that simply making a statement doesnt mean its true.

the thing is, you presenting a video with the hope of making people think. which is commendable. but your choice of video is poor. the author is obviously not interested in truth nor in presenting truth.

in fact the author is expecting people to accept his argument much the same way the church does. on blind faith mixed with shallow speculation. does that make sense to you?

anyone who is interested in truth who makes a statement like "jesus is an idiot and just plain wrong" will at the very least provide some sort of logical reasoning or evidence to back his claim.

Frankly, I don't do religois debate. It's absolutely pointless, and can be very agravating.

this is a public forum, anything you post here is going to be exposed to debate.

if you want to preach, make a webpage maybe?

Since you raised a question, let me ask you this one.

How often does the relgious slap a repulsive lable on something, or someone and just mone on?

very often. religion is a whore and has consitantly worked to the ruin of man.

You don't have to answer that out loud. Truly I doubt you will consciously honest about it any ways.

really... there is no need to insult me

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

the 12th Planet you say. It looks interesting. The Nag Hammadi I have experience with. It is unfortunate that firstly it had to be hidden due to fear of being killed, and secondly that that the fellows who found it didn't know it's value. Some of it was burned for heat.

Hi and thanks for commenting. Concerning the all religious debates, yes, I think we have the same opinion that it doesn't make much sense to discuss religious beliefs. But since this is a discussion forum, we have got to debate it LOL

Anyway, it's my opinion that it doesn't require a book or membership of an organized religion to be a good person.

In fact, anyone without a religous belief can more easily help another person, because there is less judgement that presents possible obstacles or problems in general.

So and NOW I am writing what I actually wanted to write as a reply to your comment. LOL
Yes, 12th Planet looks interesting and The Origin of the World from the Nag Hammadi Library is basically the very same what Sitchin says. If we now connect it with all the UFO sightings, the experiences from Astral Travellers (recommended readings are the books by Robert A. Monroe), and the accounts of people who have seen the Greys, it all falls into place.

Greetings

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Miriam... the intention of this thread was not to get people to think, or to debate. It is to "blaspheme", and let others know it ok to do it. To show others this is one way of breaking the conditioning. I am also, giving you a lesson. That by including yourself in this thread, you are serving my worldview. To be honest with myself, I am also serving yours.

I said this above, in other replies. I think perhaps you did not read them. Either way, if your faith works for you, that is great. Just know there are other paths out there and it's ok for others to follow them. If you or others want to think they are unclean, heretical, infidels, gentiles, or whatever ... that is your loss and their loss.

Telling the truth about the bible is impossible, it's so cut up now, lied about, perversed, and propagandized it's spiritual usefulness was thrown out with the bath water. If there ever was any bath water to begin with.

If you feel insulted by my honesty, that is your choice. I wonder how often others feel insulted by things you say and over look. It's a common religious person's trait to overlook, and feel righteous. I know you mean well, and honestly I would not want to debate you on any topic. Clearly a very passionate and intelligent woman. You know your stuff, that's obvious.

TheWriter:

anyone without a religous belief can more easily help another person, because there is less judgement that presents possible obstacles or problems in general.

I agree with you here. People who adhere to a static reality tunnel in contradiction of the flowing universe, tend to filter their love through words and ideas. Which have much support,and limitations. Unforunately, these limitations also affect the rest of the universe.

This strikes me as odd, because one of Jesus son of Joseph's lessons was conectedness. It puzzles me why so many religious act as though they are the only people on earth that matter. I know coming from a christian reality tunnel there is the rapture that may support this arrogance.

Or the telling of the mee inheriting the earth, and how the wicked will die. However, I see nary a meekness in anything the vatican does, nor any other religious organisation. Having Power is not being meek. Oh well, maybe they can't see the log in their eye.

I am prattling now... perhaps this whole. I shouldn't be taken so sersiously.

anywho...

That book you mentioned braught up Elohim, and how it gramatically means the goddesses, and mentions beings from another planet. This reminds me of a theory about Enoch and him meeting with the Nephilim. And the Nephilim being people of the stars, or rather having knowledge of the stars using ancient geometry.

It's rather insteresting that in all cultures there are myths of people coming from across the sea, starting with the Sumerians. And these people having this advanced knowledge. Perhaps, religion is a perversion of this. Or a misunderstanding out of fear?

That just an idea... What I do know is that I can speak with the universe, and the priestly hiearchy undermines this knowing in people.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Eyes your soul doesn't understand what justice is. Not every person in the hierarchy of our church is lairs and controllers. Some actually do it for souls and for Christ.

these are the real prophets. You say why put limits on something? Truth has an end, whereas created beliefs, believeing whatever you want, freemasonry as I understand your mindset to be, has no limits, yes, but it also has no truth.

Where there is a truth that God reveals to mandkind, then you don't need to search any further.

Now i wasn't assuming anything about you. I don't know you like that brother. I was responding to the OP.

and as for.

" heaven and hell were created to keep people in check "

That's the problem. You don't give them any chance as being true. Not only have saints seen hell with their own eyes, but Gods justice demands it.

Do you expect murderes, liars, cheaters, to just after death have a heavenly experience?

No. Bums can't make it into heaven, me included, which I am, but you see there is a place that souls who were bad will be spereated from the good.

Like on Earth. It's human justice. It's our nature to spereate bad from good.

that God put into us by grace.

and so no, not only is it not stories, but it's baised on love.

like I said, if it was created, it's a pretty damn good idea. But the fact is that saints seen hell. Christ talked about it, it's mentioned over 50 times in the bible, and it's a spereation good from evil.

and you also said I don't need religion.

What your soul will see after death, and I can't wait for this, is what communion does for the soul. Things I can't explain in these forums what I have felt a latin mass do for my soul.

Christ comes into us in my faith through the eucharist, eucharistic miracles have also taken place, scientists have tested.

that's my religion. That's the focul point of our church. Not about money, whoever in the hierarchy is about money is a false prophet, but it's about Christ dwelling in us through communion.

and for you to say it's false, without knowing for sure, is bias. So after death all things will be revealed. What i write in these forums God will show you in a much different way after death how everything works like communion.

So anyways, I'm not derailling this thread, I've said my peace. believe what you will.

peace.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by JesusisTruth]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join