It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Attention on Abraham Lincoln

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes, I know that it is the time of the year for President's Day, but there is more to it than that.

And, yes, I know he freed the slaves in the hostile states during the Civil War, and President Obama has African ancestry, but there is more to is than that.

Why has President Obama, aided by the media, leaned so heavily on the images and words of Lincoln?

The key to this is understanding what Lincoln did, what he stood for, and what the Civil War was all about. Prior to the Civil War, this country was, quite literally, a collection of states united. The Civil War was fundamentally about settling the issue of whether we should continue to be "united states" or instead a single state known as a "Nation." To fight and win this war and make us a Nation, Lincoln had to, in essence, abrogate the U.S. Constitution. He did so by using force against U.S. citizens in violation of their constitutional rights, and he underlined his intentions by repeatedly violating the constitution in other ways during the war (like suspending the Writ of Habeas Corpus, for example).

Since the time of the Civil War the U.S. Constitution has only existed insofar as it has never been officially declared dead, and the American people tend to believe it still exists. From the time that Lincoln "united" this Nation and forever magnified the power of the executive branch, it has not.

So, why Lincoln now? Because the government has the opportunity, created by crises of its making, to take the next step in educating the people about the sort of country in which they live - fundamentally centralized and fascist. Lincoln is the key symbol who portrays this in subtle ways, whether most people realize it or not, and he is beloved enough by many to significantly help in pro-government propaganda. What they are signaling is that we should be prepared for a major ratcheting up of the power of the State, in more obvious ways than have been seen before. Like the poor souls who fought for the flags of Virginia and Georgia and Mississippi, we the people will be dragged into this collective dead or alive.

By the way, I am a Northerner. For all of my life I have looked down on the South and in particular have been unable to imagine how they could have supported slavery while fighting for their freedoms. For that reason I have been sympathetic toward the Union cause. But it is time for all of us to accept that it was, and is, not about regional cultural and institutional differences, no matter how important. The evil we face today is about an overwhelmingly powerful centralized state making all of its citizens slaves. As our country goes about celebrating Abraham Lincoln, I hope that more of us than ever realize the evil he now represents.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Grumble]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I agree that it's oddly weird that MSM keeps linking Obama, Lincoln, and the Assassination.

Perhaps it is an warning to people that if Obama steps out of line, he gets an bullet in his head?

Perhaps it's to soften people up, by suggesting that inevitably, Obama may be assassinated at an moment's notice for going too far?

Sometimes one can see clues in the MSM pictures that contains Obama.

-Is Lincoln in the picture?

-Are there indicators, such as a light source or camera flash (representative of a gunshot blast?) behind Obama in the picture?

If the tactics of the Illuminati are to be believed, then there will be clues as to what is planned. It's one law of the Illuminati to 'warn' people of an impeding action.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Because most people, ignorant of the actual man, idolize Lincoln, instead of realizing what a piece of feces he really was.

He was a hypocrite, a racist, and did not really believe in the Constitution.

If black people REALLY knew what Abraham Lincoln wanted to do with them, they'd have a "John Wilkes Boothe" day.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here is a Obama Spiderman comic book again linking Obama with Lincoln. Comics have long bee used as method of propaganda.

top topics

join