It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore Deniers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
How do we do it or should we?

I accept that ATS is a discussion forum for subjects that are considered a little "out there".
There are problems that I find impossible to reconcile with people in general, highlighted by discussions with members of this site, and this ordinarily polite and laid back demeanour is reduced to an uncontrollable urge to cry from the top of my lungs,

"Flat Earther!"

So, how do we reconcile our desire to investigate subjects outside the norm of popular scientific research with the discovery of laws that go against thinking. It strikes me that those who refuse to accept evidence as proof and theories that can be tested repeatedly are giving researchers, who investigate without prejudice and accept findings that may conflict with their personal paradigm, very bad reputation.

These people are no better than disinfo agents and "researchers" who sell puppies (or don't as the case appeared to be).

What do we do? Flat-out ignore them? Drive spikes into their skulls until their minds become literally open?

I'm beginning to understand why Biedny has backed away a little and the more regular users keep to their own corners of ATS.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Nirgal]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Everyone is at their own stage in development and in their various stages, will often "deny" other people's ideas and theories etc. All we can do is be the more mature one and simply put our information out there and hope it's useful to someone.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

What do we do? Flat-out ignore them? Drive spikes into their skulls until their minds become literally open?

Ask them three simple questions.

1. Where does the sky end?
2. When did time begin?
3. Why is my hypothesis impossible again?

new topics

join