It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Cloud with wierd moves in Virginia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Last night in Clifton Virginia at apx. 11:55pm a cloud shaped very much like a space ship (hard to explain) glided right over me. it was about 2-3 miles wide and aprx. 1-1.5 miles at its highest point. Doing my best to estimate. Lets put it this way, it was huge! There were very few other clouds several miles away on both sides of this thing. Anyway, I'm standing there and this huge thing moves over me. I look up and immediately can see it's not a cloud. I'm like this is the worst disguise I've ever seen. A spaceship disguising itself like a huge cloud. what? This things moving at a good quite speed then all of a sudden it tilts to the left at a 45% angle. The whole cloud just tilts to the left at a 45% angle. I was like what the ??? Now, I'm starting to laugh because it's so obviously not a cloud. But the best is yet to come. Then, this huge cloud tilts again upward at a 45% angle towards outer space. Now I'm wishing I had a camera or video cam. The whole cloud just tilts up towards outer space, then you guess it voooooooooooomm. There it went into outer space. But it was really weird the way it did it. It went in like stages. I can't explain it. It was like someone in outer space had a huge shop vac and just sucked the darned cloud up. Absolutely amazing. I need to get a video cam. Did anyone else see this thing. You couldn't of missed it, it was huge. No noise. I immediately called my sister and brother. They laughed. I don't know of any clouds that can do this. Oh, this all took less then 2 minutes and I'm being generous.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Eh, I live in Clifton too..but sadly I was asleep :| Would like to know more..

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Last night in fairfax City the winds were coming in, which was blowing clouds around pretty fast. Probably what you saw.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

really now? If what he said was correct the wind speed necessary for those kinds of maneuvers would defiantly inhibit him from even standing up

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I lived in Israel back in 1989. Saw a single cloud over an army base with a big searchlight coming out of it. They sent up helicopters and buzzed it for about 10 minutes. The light switched off, and the cloud slowly disappeared. This thing was huge. I had a witness too. True story.

Chaz.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I was outside with my dog that night, not too far away from you "likeabull" and I am typically a VERY observant individual, especially when it comes to matters pertaining to Meteorology and Astronomy. So you can imagine my surprise when I started down the street, and out of nowhere a HUGE gust of wind came upon us, and the Rain started pouring in buckets. I had a Raincoat on, as I had seen some light Sprinkles prior to my walk, but my shoes were soaked all the way through, and my Dog had her ears flat against her head, with her head down and turning back to get home as quickly as possible. My dog actually ducked her head and turned around before we even succumbed to the downpour, lol I should have listened to her.

Anyways, we had 50 + MPH winds, and the Clouds have been moving extremely fast for the past Two or Three Days. I am not discounting what you saw, but there does stand a VERY good chance that what you did in fact witness was completely natural. I have seen clouds act in all sorts of wild manners throughout my years of Various Weather related Experiences.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
reply to post by stevegmu

really now? If what he said was correct the wind speed necessary for those kinds of maneuvers would defiantly inhibit him from even standing up

I live somewhat near Chantilly, and can tell you the clouds last night were moving- like you see in southern Florida before a storm. It was just a weather front moving in. We had strong gusts of wind all day yesterday.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by likeabull

Mate... in relation to UFO clouds.. I say check out some of these vids. www.realufos.net...

there might be the answers you seek.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Sounds like you are talking like lenticular clouds, also known as altocumulus lenticularis (if you want to get technical). They can often do strange things like stack upon one another which give the appearance that they are doing aerial manouevers.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Great responses. True, we did have some good wind gusts that night. I did observe clouds a good distance to the left and right of this cloud that where thinner and moving very slowly in comparison to this cloud. I know clouds can do weird things but this was ridiculous. The entire event took less then 2 minutes, once again being very generous. When the cloud actually shot up into outer space that only took a 10-15 seconds. But it sort of shrank into nothing as it shot up if you can use your imagination. The Cloud shoots up and shrinks to nothing at the same time. Weird. If that is a weather event it sure is one for the books. I forgot to add it was about a 1-1.5 miles in length. Still puzzling.

top topics

join