It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama is 'screwing up' on the economy. Be very afraid.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I still love him,

God love ya, you'll get over it.

love is a good thing though.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I think this is the worst idea so far and points at Giethner being in with the banks and stealing the peoples money.A Proposal to Shore Up Banks With Pension Funds

They have to have a way to be able to explain why the money is no longer there.

They have already stolen the pension funds and know that soon it is going to become evident that the cupboard has been raided and is completely bare.

This is nothing but an excuse and a way to hide their theft for just a little longer.

I think the real question is what are they waiting for?

Surely they know that the lid is about to come flying off this pit of deception but they are trying to hold on until the last minute as if they are expecting something big to come galloping over the horizon that will rescue them from having to fess up.

Now what could that be?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The economy was already screwed up. He's just going to help make it worse along with the rest of Congress.

People can continue to pee on the tree of the political party they hate but it doesn't freakin matter.

All i hear is that Republicans got us here. Ok, they did. Let it be known forever that the last 8 years have been a complete travesty! Trust me, I agree almost completely but Democrats have played a big part in it as well.

We ok now? Of course not. This is the ammo needed to continue ridiculous spending policies that CONTINUE to put us further in debt.

I'm worried about NOW and the FUTURE. To be honest, it's looks PRETTY DAMN BLEAK.

I'm tired of seeing justification of spending just because Republicans did it. It doesn't make it right regardless!!! What happened to Democrats and fiscal responsibility? I thought they were going to right the ship. Lies. It's all a lie.

Set your non-partisan politics aside and see the situation for what it is!

Look beyond the R's and D's next to their names.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It's all a lie. Set your partisan politics aside and see the situation for what it is! Look beyond the R's and D's next to their names.

And another scale bites the dust.

I am running into a lot of people this week that have scale thinned eyes.

My even my die hard brother sent me an email that I sent him two years ago. He actually thought he was telling me something I did not know.

I wrote him back a simple "So you don't think your sister is a tin foil hat wearing nut job any more?"

I haven't heard back from him yet.

Maybe I pushed him too soon.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

exactly. follow the money.

demand accountability in one place at one time.

start with the "missing" 1.7 trillion that came to light in june of 2001 and again that september, and follow it through the fiascos in iraq with their treasury billions gone missing and the pallets full of other billions that seems to just have walked away, and follow it up with the alledged drawdown in september of 2008 and what happened to the stimulus package money.

and once and for all how much do we owe china and they owe us and who the hell borrowed it.

and if the federal government is having issues with this, i know plenty of umemployed accountants and CPAs who can help.

my gut feel tells me the people in the u.s. and other countries were flat-out robbed blind...by someone. there just can't be this much money in the world.

(this next bit is NOT PARTISAN) at the end of the clinton era, we had a surplus. eight years later we're trillion (maybe as much as $17 trillion) in debt and in trouble. what the HELL?

I MEAN HOW HARD IS IT TO OPEN A LEDGER AND LOOK?!@#%%

[edit on 12-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah you're so right. We have been hornswoggled, waylaid, screwed blued and tattoed.

The US Govt. was sending millions in CASH to Iraq for years; the pathetic Iraqi men who signed up just long enough for one month pay were all paid in CASH, naturally, there was no way for them to cash checks for a long time. I dread to think how many millions of that cash went in back pockets, brief cases, tire wells, etc. etc. etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The problem is, you SHOULD be very afraid.

I never bought into the razzle dazzle of 'Change we can believe in! (TM) during his campaign, and I'm not sure why others have.

Obama is showing his inexperience. He is attempting to treat the symptoms and not address the disease with regards to the economy. The longer he continues to do so, the worse this will get.

The cause is simple. Under MORE THAN ONE administration, fraud, theft, laws and regulations were put into place that allowed for this credit bubble to blow up into biblical proportions.

Real change would have been:

Cramdowns of insolvent banks. Those with not enough capital after the cramdown go out of business and are taken over by the FDIC. Yeah, it hurts the common stock holders. The bank is already bankrupt, the stock should be worth 0 anyway, and the only reason the stock currently has any price is artificial federal support.

Repeal of the the $750 billion banker bonus handout, demand repayment with interest, and use that money to create fresh banking institutions with no debt obligation. Add claw backs into banker bonuses for the cash, and call me impressed.

A sweeping change in regulation policy, from reinstitution depression era leverage ratio laws and others that allowed this credit bubble to begin, and to go unchecked in the system for over a decade.

Allow housing to go back to AFFORDABLE and SUSTAINABLE levels. Not keep the price at $400,000 McMansions that NO ONE can afford. Mortgages need to be realistic. $800 a month is realistic to most families, not $3000.

Top to bottom audits of banking institutions, including the Fed, requiring full transparency in ALL aspects of the market of exactly what taxpayer money is going WHERE and WHY.

Ordering a full scale federal investigation of the SEC, for allowing Ponzi schemes to go unabated after repeated warnings from various sources, namely Madoff.

Try bankers who engineered this fraud or allowed it to happen under treason laws. Lets add the death penalty to that.

A top to bottom federal level audit on spending. Eliminating government waste, and learn to do more with less. Trim the back the government to reasonable levels.

A proposal to support a constitutional amendment that requires that the United States Federal Government to have a balanced budget, including a plan to repay back debt.

And not one of these would have cost billions of dollars to do. It's a confidence problem -- so ADDRESS THE CONFIDENCE! The financial system is corrupt and fraudulent, and EVERYONE knows it.

So where's the change? This is just a small list of things that Obama has the power and political will to do. Instead we get TaxCheat Timmy, an executive order on ethics that Obama ran into problems with in a matter of hours, and a 'stimulus' bill that really is a spending bill for pet projects under the guise of 'job creation', headed by Pelosi and Reid.

And this is just one moth, yet we get 4 years of this 'change'.

Where is permanent self sustaining 'job creation' in this? Most of this crap in the 'stimulus' is for building remolding or basic budget crap that should be handled internally. I want to see jobs created that not only employ people, but just like a business begin to MAKE money and become self-sufficient.

Where is it?

How about things that promote new businesses by the people? How about new export industries? New banks? New goods and services?

Needless to say, in less than 30 days Obama has proven to be nothing more than your typical snake oil salesman. It's business as usual for him and for Washington. He don't care about you or what is best for the nation. He cares about his political career and re-election, not to mention further expansion of federal government into your lives, like all other politicians.

Repubs got the bankers the cash, now the Dems are getting their special interest pet projects the cash.

"Change" indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Congressional Research Service America’s Growing Current Account Deficit: Its Cause and What It Means for the Economy
This is a secret report from congress that was given to wikileaks. Its from June 15 2007 and shows the growth of the deficit and the trade deficit and even predicted that a loss of employment would come from it. They show the stats going back to the 80's all the way up to 2007.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out that:

Tim Geithner is a Trilateralist. Almost everyone in Obamas cabinent is involved in the CFR, Trilaterals, and or the Bilderbergers. It's truly astonishing. I have a book titled 'Who's Who of the Elite.' Everytime Obama has nominated someone I ran to my book and ta-da *shocker* there were their names, some even have memberships in all three. With this type of saturation in our govt you can't deny something is shady.

Remember Rockerfellers statement to the pm of Canada? He said the president doesn't control the country, we (the trilateralist) do.

If the govt truly wanted to help US and stimulate the economy, they would lower (sweet if they'd abolish but that will never happen) the federal income tax. More $$ in everyones paycheck every week would most certainly stimulate the economy.

Thanks for reading!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I might be wrong, but, even under Clinton we were in Debt. We had a TRADE SURPLUS...I don't think anyone has actually EVER paid off the Deficit.

I think this all started back in 1907 at Jekyll Island with the "Group" who then went out into the World and set in motion their plans.

One "Set" started the Federal Reserve in 1913 after causing the "Panic of 1907". The other "Sets" went to Europe and elsewhere to work on their "Projects".

This "Latest" Crisis can probley be Traced to around the time of 9-11-2001.

There seems to Money missing from a few sources, including the ~$2T from the Pentagon (Which was never Explained). This was also around the Time of the Enron/Worldcom Scandal, Insider Trading Scandal concerning the Airlines/Banks involved with 9-11 (Which ALSO was never explained and all the Records of Enron/Worldcom were destroyed in WTC7), and Silverstein WTC purchace/Insurance deal (GW Bushs Bro was in charge of a "upgrade" that shut EVERYTHING down just before everything went down).

This is a Link to the continuing Theory in that direction.
Suppressed Details of 9/11 Insider Trading Leads to CIA's Highest Ranks
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Starting in 06/07? the IMF/World Bank/WHO Contracted Satyam Computer Services Ltd. to Develop/Maintain all their Accounting Software and were informed of "Strange Activitys" by the FBI in Mid 2007, where they then found Keystroke/Password Spyware. This compromised their ENTIRE network of Data/Money. "They" now knew who's holding what and how to "Play the Players". In a Coincidental event many Trans-Atlantic Internet Cables coming into the US from India were "Cut".

This is a Link to the continuing Theory in that direction.
How worldwide economic collapse was averted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

President Obama has his foot hovering over a Landmine right now, that was planted long ago and "Maintained" till "The Time was Right".

The Time is Now...the creation of "Financial Weapons of Mass Destruction" and Mans Natural Overwhelming Greed has turned the "Real" Value of Wealth into a Levered Machine that needs but one Domino, pushed at the right time, to setoff the Collapse. It is apon us...

If I was the Man, and actually knew what he knows now, I'd make a Speech and Quit. I know...Unheard of...Boulderdash...I think he got Played, with the best Intentions (maybe not), but, that's what it Looks like IMHO. Game Over.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
I just wanted to point out that:

Tim Geithner is a Trilateralist. Almost everyone in Obamas cabinent is involved in the CFR, Trilaterals, and or the Bilderbergers. It's truly astonishing. I have a book titled 'Who's Who of the Elite.' Everytime Obama has nominated someone I ran to my book and ta-da *shocker* there were their names, some even have memberships in all three. With this type of saturation in our govt you can't deny something is shady.

Remember Rockerfellers statement to the pm of Canada? He said the president doesn't control the country, we (the trilateralist) do.

If the govt truly wanted to help US and stimulate the economy, they would lower (sweet if they'd abolish but that will never happen) the federal income tax. More $$ in everyones paycheck every week would most certainly stimulate the economy.

Thanks for reading!

How do you think that he got the nomination?

He was called into chambers along with Hillary and they were given
their orders.

He along with everyone else on the Hill are puppets to TPTB.

We have been sold out and are now servants or slaves depending on how big your ego is.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
oh I love these Barak Obama is screwing up the economy threads, think about it, let me ask this, was the economy screwed up on Jan 20th? naaaaw that's just not possible, anyhow if your economics professor knows so much, he should also know there is a 50/50 chance he might be right, when it comes to the economy on what approach should be taken there are no agreements on the approach and among experts possibly like your professor they cannot agree on what needs to be done, Obama has an entire room full of these experts he goes with what they give him as advice, he just doesn't make up what he is doing as he goes along.

What we do know is that unregulated trickle down means a drought in the economy to those below the haves, at this point since the whole economy avoided disaster about 3 months ago, what more can be down to bring it all the way down, I'm not sure but anyhow I know that there can be no blame to be put on the incoming and now 3 week old president, this s**t hit the fan long before President Obama came to town as the Cinc all he is doing is trying to turn the speed on that fan down a little.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by JBA2848

Couple of things... First, please post evidence that Bush caused the current crisis. I am a student of world financial affairs and believe me, I can point fingers at many other people before I even get to Bush. In fact, I have recently viewed video of Bush warning Congress early in his first term that we were likely to experience these problems if Congress didn't act.

Next, who says "We" keep "re-electing" these people? It's very strange because I know of very few people who cast a ballot to re-elect our current representative yet he won by a landslide! Elections in this country are no more secure than they are in Zimbabwe - they only appear to be - by design, I believe.

$200,000,000.00 a day in IRAQ - IT has cost more than Z proposed bailout

And this

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Actually $0.6T total on the war to date. Bailout totals are $3.7T to date.

The total commerce of the US from birth the 1970's was $1T.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Obama has an entire room full of these experts he goes with what they give him as advice, he just doesn't make up what he is doing as he goes along.

Classic Strawman, but I'll single out this quote and correct it for you.

Obama has an entire room full of these 'experts' that CAUSED this mess to begin with! Yet they are going to fix it? TaxCheat Timmy essentially admitted this week that they have NO CLUE what they are doing. THATS confidence building alright.

This is NOT about the economy prior to the election and subsequent swearing in of Mr Obama. It was already screwed up from multiple administrations prior going on a drunken spending binge and playing kick the can in regards to debt every recession. Regan did it, Bush Sr did it, Clinton did it, Bush did it, and now Obama is trying to do the same. Democratically controlled congress did it, and so did Republican controlled congress in the past 20+ years.

The government as a WHOLE is to blame.

That means EVERYTHING he does past January 20th 2009, falls squarely on his shoulders. If he was real change, he should have addressed the fact that the 'can' is full of lead now, and every time you kick it you risk breaking your leg. It's time to address the issue and not try to push it off to the next guy.

It's the SAME crap, different party name.

Even more so, did we have bond market dislocations in Bush's presidency? How about Hyperinflation? When these things begin to happen, I'll blame Obama and the current congress because THEY are in charge and they've run up a gigantic fricking room service bill to pay hours after checking in to the white house hotel. It is called personal accountability, and I suggest to you instead of playing partisan games of but but bush you hold these 'representatives' in elected office ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW!

Maybe you should re-read my previous post on how to just START to FIX the economy. By increasing regulation and holding those bastards who got us into this mess accountable. Again, this is a CONFIDENCE problem, so FIX THE CONFIDENCE.

You can't pay your debt with more debt! Eventually BOTH credit cards are maxed out, and you're in more trouble than you started with. And both of America's cards are MAXED out. We're not even trying to pay debt either, now we're trying to buy a new LCD HDTV!

Spending hundreds of billions of dollars of money that the United States does NOT have is not going to increase confidence. It's going to weaken it even further like it did the LAST time with the banker bailout. Tell me again what exactly happened to the market AFTER the first bailout happened? And yet another $800 billion is going to slow down the fan? No, we just changed out the fan with a bigger and faster model, and that lump of creamy chocolate about to hit the blades is getting bigger.

Wake up! This porkulus bill is the has all the marks of a last dash cash grab BEFORE the music stops and people find out there's not enough chairs. The bankers looted the treasury late last year, (also voted for by the dems AND Obama) so now it's the dems and special interests' turn to get the loot the treasury of whatever is left for some mice, gigantic government, and health.. er you should think of others and just die care.

And it all comes out of YOUR, mine, and our children's children's children's pocket.

So no, I'm not going to be 'Mr Nice Guy' and cut him a break. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore. He wanted the job, and swore an oath to the constitution of the United States. It's his responsibility right NOW to fix the issues.

Wake me up when Mr. Change proposes something that REALLY is change in regards to our economy. Something that is political suicide with his constituents and party because it's the 'right thing to do' for the people of the United States whom he is supposed to serve and not his party and special interests

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Not Authorized]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

This is insanity the 1000 page stimulus package that none of Congress could have possibly read. 800 plus $Billion$ dollars of drunken spending with no accountability and what We The People have to pay back after 10 years will cost tax payers a whoping 3.75 trillion dollars.

Father forgive them for they do not know what they are voting on because they have not read the large and fine print.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Haha! Well like, even if he is kicked out of office or something happens, he completely fails, and we realize that the problem can't be fixed... or it takes a long, long time before some idea comes along that will fix the economy, there is a bright side.

Obama will ALWAYS be super cute.

Watch it to the very end. Look at that smile! "I have no idea, I really don't"
Just so darn cute.

I don't care what he says, haha, he's really just a figurehead and you all know that he doesn't have any say in what really happens. But he can try!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I don't care what he says, haha, he's really just a figurehead and you all know that he doesn't have any say in what really happens. But he can try!!

Well at least you are honest, you think he is cute

He doesn't do anything for me, lol, but you know beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join