It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no sweat tea north of the Mason Dixon Line

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You all aren’t very exploratory with your tea down in the south, but that’s ok…you know what you like and you stick to it. Up here, we’re always concocting something new!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey Jen!!

((((((Jen))))))

I love my sweetened tea as much as any Southerner. That's not the only thing I like to drink though, by no means. Give me a Fountain Coke any day of the week and I'll bee happy.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hi Gimme!

I don’t drink much soda, maybe once or twice a year. Mostly coffee, tea & water…an occasional Martini

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Now for the irony, I don't even drink that much tea
And the funny thing is I left off my favorite on the list of teas up there. Crystal Lite has a tea with the already added lemon That's really the only tea I drink.

Now as far as concoctions go Jen we have are fair amount but they involve corn meal and corn mash

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sweet tea & corn meal… Oh-My! No Grits?

Grits...they are definitely an acquired taste & one which I have never acquired a taste for. The texture is All-Wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong…. must I say….

Now those fried dill pickles I’ve had in Atlanta, those are YUMMMMY! Fried dill pickles are just one of the things I’ve learned from my trips to Atlanta, the other thing I learned is don’t you dare ask for a Pepsi in Atlanta or they will laugh at you…not that I like Pepsi, It’s just one of the things I’ve learned

Yes, I do realize I’ve gotten off subject

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

There is another thing about Atlanta that I am about to tell ya Jen. Whatever you do, don't go to a Braves game while wearing a New York Metropolitans jersey.
That and you really need to try some "White Lightning" the next time you are down this way.

Oooooooooooo, hiccup, ah wwwwhite lightning.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Going to a Braves Game? Yeah that's no worry of mine, but something 'new' learned all the same!

I bet they don’t even have regular unsweetened ice tea at those games

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Grits I can agree with you on. I can go swallow sand for that feeling. As far as corn meal and mash that gives us are lovely white lightning
no grits needed for that. You just need a little grit
to drink it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am from Middletown Pennsylvania which is north of the Mason Dixon line but not by much. I am an avid sweet tea drinker and get it at almost all restaurants in my area.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

So you get the best of both worlds where your at. All the North and South has to offer. Thanks for joining in.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I guess the tea has ran out. Anyone care to make some more.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I grew up in North Carolina (military) and whenever I traveled up north it would tick me off when they didn't have sweet tea. Just "unsweetened."
Wtf. That is probably one of the only things I miss about living in the South. That and the food.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Heh, I keep a bottle of sassafrass mix in my desk at all times.
Traveled up North a few times, and noticed that while you sto seeing sweet tea, you see more flovoured teas, like lavender tea, which was actually pretty good.
Needed some sugar, though.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmoor_resurrected

Yes everything in the world that is going to make your heart explode. Can't beat southern cooking. I believe it is worth the cardiac arrest.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Amen!! That is the same way me and my mom and 2 grandmas have made sweet tea for years. At home we never called it sweet tea, it was just "tea."

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They probably never learned to drink it sweet. If you ever learn to not drink it sweet you can't tolerate it sweet. Its far more refreshing unsweet than sweet. When your thirsty you can't get enough sweet tea. It doesn't quench your thirst. Unsweet is more like drinking water.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

I feel for all those who haven't enjoyed the pleasures of sweet tea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join