It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 'Dirty bomb' parts found in slain man's home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Did any of you hear about this when his wife whacked him a couple of months ago???

Here is a link to the full story...bangornews.com...

I never heard of this angle to the story.

A dirty bomb in Maine???

The plot thickens.....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I read this earlier on Wikileaks, and I was asking myself if this guy was a member of a group does this mean that they have these components as well? If he had all of these items, and he obtained them through mail order, how many other members of his group have done the same thing? This is very concerning especially given the circumstances surrounding the whole situation.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This guy sounds like a bizarre loner, but if a lone individual can get so close to pulling off such an attack it is sobering to consider what a group of nutters could do ?

It has been 8 years now since 9/11. Surely the question needs to be asked in all these years since then why hasn't the Bush Administration and Homeland Security tightened up on control of radiological materials ?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm drunk and well its not sobering. Just a joke, but really.

It's surprising, indeed, but seriously, what I don't get is if a loner can pull of this close, why hasn't it happened yet. Maybe i don't know. You think one person out of 300 million americans would snap and do this eventually, just weighing the odds.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am not so sure that this guy had all the materials..verses having the literature. Having the literature is not a crime to my knowledge.

The article says he had certain compounds..but did he have the correct compounds. This is not made clear in the article.

Ive got news for some of you who don't know..bananas will set off a radiation counter. So too will the Coleman Mantles elements for these white gasoline lanterns. They too contain a radioactive material in them. Even certain types of lettuce can be read with radioactive counters. Did any of you know this about your produce department as well as the sporting goods section of department stores??

They claim he had certain materials...but are not clear if he had the materials with the correct atomic weights. Only certain materials with certain atomic weights are useful in such an endeavour.

The article did not clearly state that he had the materials in the correct atomic weights. There is a difference here to people knowledgeable in the trade.

What I got out of the article of clear specificity is that he belonged to certain groups, his wife shot him dead, and he had certain literature in his home.

Did he in fact have the correct materials in the correct atomic weights so as to be useful in a bomb of this type??

I happen to know that lots of materials give off radioactivity...much more than "Experts" want us to know.

Some of you might want to check out the Google article on ...

"The Radioactive Boy Scout."

www.dangerouslaboratories.org...

Far more disturbing than this article from the Bangor, Maine site.

As we are nuclear fuelers..this article on the Radioactive Boy Scout is much more alarming around our coffee pot and conversations than this one about what happened in Maine.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 11-2-2009 by orangetom1999]

new topics

top topics

join