It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks on the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I really don't think there will be any more "Major" attacks on the U.S.

Unfortunately 9/11 happend and the U.S. (Bush) is satisfied with what happend and needed that. Blah blah blah, F him.

But anyways I really don't think there will be any more major attacks on the U.S. As they saying around my way, "they have everthing on lock now"

What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well dont count on it, sorry to bust your bubble but you never know what will happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The way the world "loves us" now, I'm suprised it has not happend again yet. I think it's only a matter of time. It could be a domestic terrorist or forign. The DC sniper was a terrorist. This place is too big and too busy to keep a close tab on everyone (without being very obvious). I believe to someone that is already here and determined would be very hard to stop. Like I said before, I'm suprised it has not happend recently.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I don't really think any major would happend. I am saying this in beliving that the U.S. had part to do in the 9/11 tragedy and I don't think they would let "Al-Qaida" or anyone else do something major again as 9/11.

Little things like the sniper and things of that nature, yes, but not on a scale that it would affect 100's or 1,000's of people.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
If indeed the Shadow U.S. Gov. had anything to do with it, (and its likely they did)unless ur a psychic, don't bet it.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well if the sniper had been a little slicker he could have caused ALOT more damage. I mean if he really wanted to make a boom, instead of taking out someone at the gasstation, why didn't he use that bullet to try to blow up the pump or car as it was pumping gas. I live in the DC area.....
The sniper was scarier to the residents around here than Alquida. People were scared to leave their homes. Noone knew if they were next.

I know you are refering to widescale damage.
I drive on 95 north in Springfield, Va to work. The Shell/Exxon tank farm is right there. Right next to the highway. You could literally throw a rock and hit one of the tanks from the road (95 north). I NEVER see any police presence right there either on 95 or the road that the tank farm access is from. Across the street directly is a rather large power grid. About a mile north is the brand new mixin bowl cloverleaf thing that must have terrorists drueling during rush hour. I imagine that a large explosion could set those tanks off. There are about 20 large Gasoline/Oil tanks all grouped real close.

Guess this is just something I've kept my eye on since 9/11. I guess time will tell.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yeap, time is the only thing that can tell.

But hope nothing bad happens in your town or to any town at all.

I am from NYC and I work right up the street from were the World Trade Center used to be. I see the blank area everyday I go to work. My office window is right in front of the Federal Reserve building. I am scared most of the times I am at work being that the area I work in is were the major attacks happend.

But I really don't think we will have foreign terroist do anything major again. At least not for now. I wouldn't be surprise if an american himself goes and does major damage to our country. There are phsychos out there. But once again, Only time will tell....

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sure there will be more attacks...as long as there is horrible security STILL at airports in the US (dont tell me TSA improved security, they are a friggin joke), there is going to be an outlet to use commercial aircraft. I laugh at those people everyday I go to work. Security...hahah.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think that there will either be another event in the US that the people will see through or there will be more evidence of the US government involvement in 911. One of these, I think, will start a civil war, a war that will be lost. That will then bring in the mark of the beast.

Better learn how to grow your own food.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I think the terrorist will wait until the economy starts to get better then pull another one off, they to ruin the economy.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I doubt the government had anything to do with 9/11... Look at the bombings in Madrid and the latter suicide of three Arabs that chanted in Arabic as they blew themselves up killing one police officer and injuring 11. Those three Arabs were getting ready to attack Spain again, but the police got close to them and they decided to check out sooner, only taking one life with them, which is one too many.

If these people were part of some dark conspiracy I doubt they would commit suicide "for a government." Those crazy idiots were Islamic extremists. Only a religious crazed idiot thinking he will find paradise killing "infidels" would have commited suicide that way.

And yes, I think anyone that would kill in the name of religion is a "crazy idiot."

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If Americans dont return to thier previous post 9/11 paranoia and start getting inline at the fear factory, they might pull of a terrorist attack again to get us back on the "right track" and keep us marching.

Americans have become very apethetic and irritated by the war on terror, they no longer caRE.

And they need us to care.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
If Americans dont return to thier previous post 9/11 paranoia and start getting inline at the fear factory, they might pull of a terrorist attack again to get us back on the "right track" and keep us marching.

Americans have become very apethetic and irritated by the war on terror, they no longer caRE.

And they need us to care.

I think Many people DO in fact Care. I think they are very interested in what's going on right now. Apathy and indifference are problems in some respects, I will agree, but not as much as you may think. Personally, I think specifically dealing with the 'War on Terrorism', people are seriously confused as to 'Who the True Enemy' is, not whether they should fight against them. I also think that questioning the direction we are headed is a smart move for people to do, although they can't afford to sit around questioning too long either. Just look at the American History of 'War on...."

War on Drugs = More Drugs and More Drug Related Crime.

War on Poverty = More Homeless and Poor

War on Crime = Crime always on the rise and prisons continue overcrowding

War on Illiteracy = Tens of Millions still can't read or write and education has gone into the toilet

and the list continues.....Which would lead any person with even below average intelligence to the conclusion that,

War on Terrorism = More Terrorism and Terrorists

That just seems to be the pattern. If you were doing this in a scientific way, recording the results of multiple tests, by now you would have come to the strong conclusion that when you have a 'War on (whatever)' you end up with more (whatever) than you started with.

As crazy as it sounds, using the scientific method and results obtained so far, it would seem to be in our best interest to have a "War on World Peace" and/or "War on Compassion and Tollerance", since the pattern shows we'd end up getting more 'Peace and Tollerance' as a result. Go figure?!?!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I don't believe we are safe, but don't go telling everyone that. I want everyone to feel happy and safe so my stocks go up.

I think the war on terror is just a background thing for most Americans who are more concerned about the economy, jobs, interest rates, etc. I keep imagining something really bad might happen but I hope it doesn't. I could post alot more here but I'm afraid I will give someone somewhere an idea or two so I'll keep quiet. If everyone thought of what I have, then the world would not seem safe at all.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
And look how much thought the American public gives to war on drugs, war on illiteracy, ect.
Look how americans react to terror alerts. No change. Bored and irritated with them. But not sufficently panicked. Most Americans have forgotten 9/11/ Most dont care. Hell, on 9/11 ibe heard people complain about the memorial services and such. Takes away from watching survivor.

So, no, we arent hardly worried about terrorism, weve gone back into apathy. We are now getting irritated by the infringments such as increased airport security, stupid lerts, ect.

We cant let that happen. A non paranoid america is an america who wont be rallying behind future invasions.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I don't believe we are safe, but don't go telling everyone that. I want everyone to feel happy and safe so my stocks go up.

I think the war on terror is just a background thing for most Americans who are more concerned about the economy, jobs, interest rates, etc. I keep imagining something really bad might happen but I hope it doesn't. I could post alot more here but I'm afraid I will give someone somewhere an idea or two so I'll keep quiet. If everyone thought of what I have, then the world would not seem safe at all.

Well now, that was a very good example of Greed and Selfishness wasn't it?!?!? You speak so highly about your Possessions which you are afraid others might see, exposing the fact that you are incredibly self-indulgent. Add to that your desire to keep others misinformed to the dangers ahead, simply because it may add to your already Inflated Ego and Horde or Goods, of which you already have an abundance.

(I appologize if I misunderstood your post, and that was not the intended message.)

Yet, so many people still don't understand my distain for the rest of humanity, even with the above example being such a popular one in todays culture?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I try to be successful in life and games and with possibly over half of all Americans invested in the stock market I think most will agree that they would rather have their stocks go up than down. I believe everyone should try to be a productive successful member of society. It helps ourselves and the economy of the world which the terrorists want to destroy.

As far as not posting what I think we are unsafe about, I don't because I don't see anyway to stop it short of making the USA into a police state big time and then the terrorists will have won already. I think it would be rather stupid of me to post how to pull off a successful attack so that's why I stay quiet.

Added note: I've heard on tv news that the #1 concern of Americans is not terrorism but the economy and jobs. If you don't have a job or are worried about keeping it, then that is a more immediate threat then a what if scenario. Getting money for food, shelter etc. is a more immediate concern than worrying about what might happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
And look how much thought the American public gives to war on drugs, war on illiteracy, ect.
Look how americans react to terror alerts. No change. Bored and irritated with them. But not sufficently panicked. Most Americans have forgotten 9/11/ Most dont care. Hell, on 9/11 ibe heard people complain about the memorial services and such. Takes away from watching survivor.

So, no, we arent hardly worried about terrorism, weve gone back into apathy. We are now getting irritated by the infringments such as increased airport security, stupid lerts, ect.

We cant let that happen. A non paranoid america is an america who wont be rallying behind future invasions.

I understand what you're saying, and would agree about half way. There are plenty of selfish, inconsiderate POS I agree. In fact, I classify the majority in there most of the time. Howerver, the last Power Outage in New York ended up being a display of people calmly using their heads. Recently there have been other cases where people actually pulled together and decided to care a little for others around them. I'd like to think that those kinds of actions would increase with time too. (Like you I am doubtful though, but I am not an optimist either, so I figure it's just me.)

People do need a kick in the Ass, too. I agree there, and would add in a slap in the face and good talking to as well. However, I think the last thing any of us need is everyone reacting out of Panic or Fear or Revenge or Anger or any of the emotional mistakes that come with acts of terrorism. What we need is for people to honestly Give a # about what is happening because They Want the World to be a Better Place. Not because they're Afraid, or Forced into making a Choice, or whatever. Panic creates Chaos. Thoughtful, Intelligent Intent creates a Positive Direction of Movement. Action without direction is like the scattering of Roaches when the lights come on. Action with direction is like an Ant colony that progressively works together and acomplishes incredible things for themselves as well as the group.

top topics

join