It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you afraid of, BTS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If this is a repeat thread, apologies.

What do you fear the most?

It can be tangible, e.g Spiders, Lunchladies.

Or mental/emotional, e.g Fear of loss, Fear of not being accepted etc etc.

Responses, understandably, don't have to be too personal. Just post at least one thing you are afraid of.

Also, if you know any good ways of conquering specific fears others list, go for the Dr. Phil BTS title (doesn't actually sound very desirable, does it
) and help us out!

I'll start us off.

Physical fears:
Spiders and other things with more than 4 legs

Anything that can jump on you (grasshoppers, frogs, etc.)

Mental fears:
Death by incineration (even moreso after these horrible bushfires)

Fear of looking at high places (not as bad as it used to be. When I was younger, big cities used to leave me paralyzed staring at the ground. Funny right? Isn't it usually people being terrified of being in high places? Not looking at them?)

Fear of loss (I guess everyone has that one. Being an only child, to lose either of my parents would be devastating).

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

heights

bears

:-)

forgot to add - spoiled food - but I don't like admitting that one - seems silly

[edit on 2/11/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Clowns. All my life.

I was at a Halloween party once and someone showed up in an Evil Clown costume (isn't that redundant??). I actually tipped my chair over backing away from the thing.

Funny, because I knew, logically, it was just a friend of a friend in a dumb outfit, but that illogical part of my mind just grabbed control of my body for a few seconds and said "CLIMB THE CHAIR AND HIDE!!" ...Which is exactly what I did, yes. ^^

new topics

join