It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM Smart Tolls, bad idea or worst idea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I saw this commercial tonight on the tele and was immediately appauled and I thought to myself, "my god, it's really happening now."

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a great way to moniter where vehicles are anywhere at any time?

Here's a link from Charleston Gazette
sundaygazettemail.com...
And here's one to IBM's traffic page
www-03.ibm.com... s_tact=106aw01w&cm_mmc=agus_brthinklp-20081111-106aw01w-_-k-_-google-_-smart_traffic

I mean, to the casual observer this would certainly seem innocent enough, but seeing as how IBM made the wholesale slaughter of Jews possible; I just can't bring myself to trust them (can't understand why).
/sarcasm

Could they not think of anything better than "Hey let us track you and the roads will be less congested!"
Really? People have gotten that lazy...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You included the entire video URL, only put in this code for the youtube video

[yvid]nZPQeqAoydQ[/yvid]

You will see this type of technology in the near future in all police vehicles. There are some in Europe with a camera that is connected to a computer system that constantly scans every license plate it sees, and then reports back if the owner of the car is wanted, has a suspended license, or if the car is stolen.

This device can scan 90 license plates per second, and all the police officer has to do is drive down the street and every car that it drives past will have its plate number searched, stored, and then indexed.

The video I watched showing this device in action showed a police officer driving in a grocery store parking lot, and every parked car it would pass would give him the car owner's and vehicle's driving history.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
fixed link, it's been so long since I posted anything that I forgot.

Anyway, I know Europe has similar things but this is the first time I've ever seen it advertised like this. It struck me as a perfect example of how something like is is marketed as "benificial if not essential."

join