It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Dating.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You can still use the net to find LOCAL singles ya know....

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
When I was in my late teens, I used the internet chat rooms to not so great sucess. Anyone here remember the AOL chat rooms from ten years ago? Met some psychos and but did end up meeting some good pen pals from across the country, so that was the most positive part I got out of it. I never went on a dating site until two years ago, I used to only met woman in person and thought only losers who are to pathetic to meet a real person goes on them things. At the time I had been single for almost three years, every serious relationship I had, ended horribly and with a lot of pain. I did go on a few dates after that last serious relationship, and were pretty bad, so I decided to take a break for a month or two, well that turned into three years because being single was great and I had a lot of issues going on in my life at the time.

One night I was just serfing the net, and I overheard an eharmony commercial and decided to check it out. Turns out that you have to fill out the personality profile, which is free and they send you matches. You cannot respond to matches nor see their pictures until you suscribe, but you can read the profiles. Well for a couple of months, I just kept getting emails from them saying they found me a match and I just figured it was an advertisement so I would delete them every time. Well one night I got one that was different, it said that a communication was requested. So I checked it out and obviously it was some girl who just sent out communication requests to probably all guys she got matched with, but I read her profile anyway, and was interested.

So, I suscribed for one month, and saw her picture, she was really attractive, well still is. So, we did the eharmony communication stage thing, and then exchanged email addresses, and then we talked more and more until we met. We lived 200 miles away from each other. I would visit on the weekends and things progressively got better. I relocated to be with her a year after we started talking on the internet and had been dating officially for eight months. And it's been exactly a year since I moved in with her. We've had our ups and downs of course, but we continue to grow as a couple. Never thought I'd meet anyone decent/attractive online, but I did. I hope it continues to keep going, cause this is definitely the most successful relationship I have ever had.

<< 1   >>

join