It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado kills 8 near Oklahoma City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have just heard on cnn that there were 3 tornado touchdowns in Oklahoma today. 40-50 injuries and 2 deaths. Will keep trying to get more info.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Three deaths now reported
from KOCO Okalahoma City.

40 injured and at least 6 houses destroyed.

Just another spring like day here in Oklahoma anyhow.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
God I miss tornado alley! The only thing worse that being caught in a tornado is being caught in one living in a mobile home. Mother nature is one mean Biotch! I've lived through two tornados. One took the roof off the house while I was in it and the other took my car and the barn and my neighbors house. Luckily no one was hurt other than monitery loss. Terrible loss with this one. I hope they got help quickly!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
How sad, I'm just now back on after this same line passed over me. There were touchdowns within 15 miles of me.

Other than that it amazes me how accurate tornado weather radar has gotten.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Kids being held at school rather than heading home... A very serious tornado starting up and heading towards OKC. EXCELLENT Coverage from a private camera sitting off the side of the road while listening to the radio broadcasts. Amazing circulation video!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
How sad, I'm just now back on after this same line passed over me. There were touchdowns within 15 miles of me.

I suspect that may have been the line that just got done dropping a tornado in the McAllister, Ok. area a little while ago. I believe the news has reported two or three deaths there as well.

It's been pretty rocky where I'm at, however, I think we've missed the worst of it.

On edit, upon rereading your post, I see the McAllister line must have been a close relative to your line only farther East. There are quite a few storms which have flaired up.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by ShadowEyes]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I live in Ardmore, Oklahoma and work in Lone Grove and so I know the area. There is a lot of poor people who live in these trailor house parks there where the tornado went through and my cousin is a volunteer firefighter in the lone grove area. He phoned us and let us know there are at least 12 dead and 50ish on a list as missing. The area it hit wasnt a densly populated area like ardmore so the rescue workers are having to get in to peoples houses down long driveways and such to try to find if everyone is ok. If you dont know its more of a country type place. Its just massive chaos, if this thing would have went through the center of ardmore we would have had hundreds or thousands dead. If you can, say a prayer for these people because from what ive seen of tornados hitting trailor houses, they will need it. The funny thing about it is i left lone grove from work at 5 and it still was sun shining looking great, just had a few thunderheads brewing, by 6 in ardmore it was getting darker, by 7 it was lightning nonstop and shortly after that the tornado was down and they had blew the sirens here. It's just so crazy how mother nature can just spark up a storm in such a short time.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thank God you guys are ok. I have had all of my OK friends in my prayers tonight. Where is ww? She better check in soon! It is headed our way tonight but looks as if it is headed abit more south now towards ak.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Morning everyone. I see by an article on aol (sorry no link) that the small town of Lone Grove had 8 deaths and 14 serious injuries in Oklahoma from those terrible tornados. I hope all our ats friends are safe and God bless those families.

top topics

join