It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Acts, No Freedom Left....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I was watching an Alex Jones tape and he explained the sub-text of the Patriot Act. He also explained that congress members are being forced to pass this act through legislation without them reading it. If they don't, they would be accused of aiding terroists.

Pretty much our freedom doesnt exist, haebus corpus doesnt exist, nothing to defend our rights exist.

Now does anyone if this really been passed fully into law?

I would like to seek more info and opinions from the people on the board.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by overstanding]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've read a good portion of the Patriot Act, and from the little I understood (considering the legalese law seems to employ) I haven't found a Constitution eviserating aspect to it, although I'm sure it's there.

Perhaps Colonel would be best in explaining the finer points considering his legal background.

Maybe we should ask him.

It would make an AWESOME research project.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Definetly, I would like see what people of that stature have to say.

dz

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Perhaps I can shed some light on the topic.

Patriot Act I: With Patriot Act I, we give the power to government agencies to pull up any information they'd like on us, without any kind of court order. In order for them to do this, they would have to consider us a terrorist. They also do not have to inform us at all that they are pulling our information, and they have the power to stop anyone else from informing else.

Patriot Act II: With Patriot Act II, the definition of a terrorist is made even broader. Now, anyone that is engaging in civil disobedience is considered a terrorist. On top of that, if they consider you a terrorist, they are allowed to detain you for any amount of time they see fit, without having the need to inform anyone.

So to sum it up, Patriot Act I took away our freedom of privacy. Patriot Act II took away our freedom. The government, if Patriot Act II is passed, will essentially be able to make you disappear. When your family goes searching for you, the government can make sure that not even the police can find you.

Scary huh?

www.epic.org...
www.aclu.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by overstanding
He also explained that congress members are being forced to pass this act through legislation without them reading it. If they don't, they would be accused of aiding terroists.
[Edited on 14-4-2004 by overstanding]
What I would like to know: By whom is Congress being forced to pass the Patriot Act. This implies that someone else is controlling American laws and not Congress itself.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
the mother & child reunion is just a motion /moment away...-- ever hear the line from the song?

A motion or moment is a cast spell, the mother & child reunion is here, soon martial law comes, and antichrist..

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dz
So to sum it up, Patriot Act I took away our freedom of privacy. Patriot Act II took away our freedom. The government, if Patriot Act II is passed, will essentially be able to make you disappear. When your family goes searching for you, the government can make sure that not even the police can find you.

Scary huh?

Sounds like Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia. I have to admit, I never expected this to happen in America.

All I can say to all Americans now is ... read my signature.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Its the "For Us for Against Us" Ideology all over again... you are either for the Patriot Act, or against it and thus an aider to terrorism. When broken down, Patriot Act means Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001...

It makes it hard, when taking into account that these people want to be reelected as well, that they can be straight out against a Terrorism Bill, especially after 9-11, coupled with the intensity within the government, it would be hard to be against this bill, without thinking of ones future.

I got a good thoughtpiece on this, if you search for it, otherwise I can U@U it to you

new topics

top topics

join