It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3 trillion! — Senate, Fed, Treasury attack crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
No, it isn't right. It is morally wrong to saddle my great grand children with 100's of thousands of dollars of debt, I don't even have my first child yet.

There's a real easy way to prevent that. Make sure you have your children in another country. You won't be alone, I promise you. Millions upon millions will be fleeing this country soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
if we start farming we will live in peace we need americans to support americans and live with the essentials and we would be just fine

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
wow sure you guys are rediculouse u are doing what they want you to do BEND OVER BUDDY CAUSE BUBBAS COMIN THROUGH......Sad

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Only cowards run, i will stand and fight to my death

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Its starting to sound like they are just taking money out of the Left Pocket
and putting in right pocket and then take it from Right Pocket and deposit
it back in the Left Pocket.

3 Trillion might sound like a lot, but if stacked 3 Trillion worth of dollar bills
it would only extend 300,000 Kilometers. And it's 384,000 Kilometers to the
Moon, so It wouldn't even reach the moon that's how small it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

All i can say is....WE SCREWED!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
There's a way to stop all this mess. Like fighting a group of bullies. Take out the biggest one first. The rest will run away. It's called the domino affect.
The biggest challenge we face today is the health care crisis. Don't kid yourself about this. It's all the fault of the Feds, chemical (Pharma) companies, and the so call medical BS HMO's and the like. Your money is more important to them then your health. They don't want to cure you of anything. They want to keep you sick and come back for more of their pills. Your a lab rat.
I know how to take them down.
That's why I moved out of the States.
I don't need to get my ass killed while doing this.
I have the cure for AIDS, Cancer, Diabetes, and even the common cold.
When I've healed enough people here and have the protection of this country.
I will present my findings to the President.
Then we'll know if he holds true to his word, or if he's just another banker puppet.
Given the political track record, I'm more inclined to believe he's a puppet.
I doubt I'll even get a response.

Best of luck to you all in the States.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoPardus70

It was good till I read this:

I have the cure for AIDS, Cancer, Diabetes, and even the common cold.

OMG what next...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

It will not help. Almost every country is in the same situation. A lot of them are near bankruptcy, mine as well (Hungary). Sooner or later you will see the show will begin.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoPardus70

Sure you do.
Why not just post it here and help millions of people if you really have the answer? Ohhhh, you must charge for your special services. I see. Now do us a favor, be a good lad and go play out in the yard.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ok I will start with this.

We are all pretty much furious over this.

But now what? Do we just lay here and wait to get raped again?

I am not suggesting anything violent, but let's weigh our options here.

We can:
A) do nothing
B) revolt
C) complain some more
D) hope one of these amazingly brilliant people fix it for us (sarcasm)
E) make contingency plans for ourselves

I like E best I think.

Has anyone here thought about trying to set up a bartering system either locally or nationally?

We do have the capacity to help each other out here. Different groups can provide different things, for example some can grow corn in their yards, some can raise chickens, some can grow other small crops and we can barter amongst ourselves for necessities. We have relied and been enslaved to the government for far too long, we have the intellect and the resources to become self sufficient. I think that we either lack the self confidence or motivation to do anything. I am certain there are people right here whom have the leadership qualities to set this up. If what we all think is going to happen does happen, waiting until the last minute is only going to cause more grief for each and every one of us.

I live in Indiana, corn, beans, and a host of other crops grow well in this soil. I will be happy to work with anyone in making this happen. We have all sorts of people here each with a specific skill of some sort, why do we need the government. All we lack is organization and motivation. We have the knowledge, we have the resources, we have the people....what are we waiting for? I also have some sheet metal skills and hydraulics and pneumatics knowledge and a masters degree in psychology (I doubt that will do us much good but who knows). I would be interested in knowing what other's skills are. I'd be willing to bet we have the capacity to set up our own extended community with just the amount of people we have here.

Complaining, getting angry, waiting for someone else to save us...etc. These things are simply not going to work if as I said what we think is going to happen does happen. So we can either sit here and "wish" for the best, or we can take control and ensure our own survival and well being. Every man for himself is simply not going to work and if it does, it won't work very long.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
First let me state I am or at least was a proud American. I obviously am not blaming anyone for anything that happened hundreds of years ago and I don't mean to be cynical but.....
You know what really saddens me about all of this?
Is that my ancestors had warned of the results of not listening or being in tune with nature. Instead they were met with death from the "founding" of this country. They showed how you could live without materialism, and be in tune with the natural world....and now sadly, they will pay as well.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

There was a funny thread short time ago:

A guy writes about how miserable life under a government is; he fuels the anger of the people; makes them say really bad things; asks them to join his "group"; talks about an "alternative" - so, some time later, there is a list with members listing there hometowns, their weapons and their skills. Sure enough, suddenly the police kicks some doors, arresting some people. Charge: Participation in a terrorist organization

The guy was an undercover agent

Sure you are not that guy. But on a conspiracy board, prepare yourself to face some suspicion

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Wachstum]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

yeah........ and now all the fools over here in the UK are scratching their necks (cause they have no heads being chickens) wondering how our bankers could not see the mess they were getting into, and there were people within their own organisations (Royal Bank of Scotland) who were telling them that something fishy was going on and they were then sacked. The whistleblowers were just lucky that the intelligence services and the masonic mafia did not have them whacked.. Its all smoke and mirrors. Rather than have the world population discussing adapting to planetary changes the spooks have got everyone on the planet harping on about their wallets and bank accounts.
reply to post by Vitchilo

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomandliberty
if we start farming we will live in peace we need americans to support americans and live with the essentials and we would be just fine

Most people don't know how to farm.
All they know is that food comes from a drive through.

This latest bail out will allow people to take out loans to stimulate the economy, to gain peoples trust and allow them to get further into debt, and then they rip the rug out from under you and then you will have absolutely nothing but debt.
A man in debt is not a free man, he is a slave to the debt until it is paid off.
How long do you think it will be before America is the land of the brave and the home of the free again?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
stop supporting the monetary system!
watch zeitgeist now!

[not a two liner
]

[]´s
RP

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

There was a funny thread short time ago:

A guy writes about how miserable life under a government is; he fuels the anger of the people; makes them say really bad things; asks them to join his "group"; talks about an "alternative" - so, some time later, there is a list with members listing there hometowns, their weapons and their skills. Sure enough, suddenly the police kicks some doors, arresting some people. Charge: Participation in a terrorist organization

The guy was an undercover agent

Sure you are not that guy. But on a conspiracy board, prepare yourself to face some suspicion

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Wachstum]

I didn't ask anyone for their address, not even the state in which they live. All I ask is what they could do or what skills they had. If no-one wishes to get involved, so be it.

Actually, your quite right. I do not know what I was thinking. Hey it was 4am and I couldn't sleep so I apologize for that. Shame on me for being concerned with anyone else. That was just stupid. I can sustain myself if need be, that is all I should be concerned with. I apologize.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sorry in advance if I offend anyone, but I just have to vent. This all started with the golden boy clinton wanting everyone to own a home, not really a bad thing, but face it some people aren't ment to own a home, then come the President Bush years where he continued the practious. First of all the government NEVER should've bailed out those junk home loans, you buy a house you know you can't afford that's on you. Why should the rest of us pay for your stupidty (harsh I know but what else would you call it, if your only making for example $20k a year an you let the bank talk you into buying a $200k home), nobody helped me with my home loan cause I bought within my means. The government NEVER should've bailed out wallstreet/banks. You agree with what clinton wanted with the risky loans, so tough you figure your own way outta the mess. Wallstreet should've been allowed to crash, it simply got to big for itself, sure it would've been rough for awhile, but I think we would've came out with a stronger, leaner wallstreet.
What the government should've done was bail out the ones that could've really made a difference, for example the Auto Industry. The auto industry employs thousands, their suppliers employ thousands more. You pump money into that, would mean they'd spend more and so on down the line to the stores.
Go with McCain's plan of building Nuke power plants, it'd take years to build those thing which would employ thousands of construction workers who in turn would spend money.
Give tax cuts to the . . . say the middle class that pay the most taxes and they in turn will spend more on cars, boats houses, ect.
I guess what I'm trying to say is put the damn money where it's going to do the most good. Okey, vent over. Let the flamming begin

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

The only way to get us out of this mess would be a zombie apocalypse. That would sure restart the economy after the Great Panic has passed. Quick, someone make a zombie virus.

Someone already did it's called the media, Hollywood, cable, banking system, credit cards, TV, drugs, alcohol, corporate ladder, time and the Gregorian calendar.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here is my opinion on how the people should deal with this mess. First of all Im not a political savvy person, dont dive too deep into politics but I know when Im being crapped on. I used to be patriotic but now Im leaning more towards forgetting the govt and making my own way. I think we should all rise up against the govt and denounce them, get rid of them, kick them the hell out..what ever you want to call it. Do away with the high priced living styles we all have come to know and get back to basics, live off the land, farm for a living.

Getting the politicians out of the way and dropping the govt like a hot potato then we can have our land without paying taxes to the greedy bastards, no more taxes on anything, do away with it all and get back to like it was in the 1800s, work your fields, hunt, fish, trade and help each other along as we go.
At least our children then would have a chance at some life and not have to worry about paying uncle sam to he can use your hard earned dollars to bail out companies.

Im ready to move off into the mountains and dare the govt to follow me. Im ready for a revolution and by God I will fight if it has to come down to it !

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join