It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The always expanding universe....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Ok, people say the universe is constantly expanding, always growing every second, moment of time. Well if the universe is this gigantic, is there a possibility their is another Earth, like us with the same exact stuff here? Like snow, there has to have been in all of history 2 snowflakes that were exactly alike or even incredibly close???? Ok one more theory I thought of, it could play off this or be an idea on it's own........ I heard that since the universe is so big, scientists are speculating that it may have or will overlap it self, so its the shape of a sphere like many things in existance....... Well what if it already did? could that mean theres a universe over laping ours right now as we speak? Could this be what different dimentions are????

Oh well i've had those idea's in my head for quite some time now and just wanted to throw them out for people to respond and see what I get back, if anyone agree's or dissagrees or whatnot....

-TX

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well I understand there are a multitude of galaxies, all containing an unbelievable amount of stars and planets. Added to this the fact that it is theorised that there are an infinite amount of dimensions where every possible eventuality is played out. Extrapolate this theory to the Nth degree and every possible eventuality has happened somewhere ?!

That means that Star Wars is happening right now - somewhere !

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If the universe is infinite, then there are also infinite earths where exactly the same thing is happening. However the universe is probably finite, in which case there may or may not be other thing similar or identical to earth.

The universe may indeed over lap itself however if that was happening here on earth we would know it. The trouble with the over lap idea though is that when we look to the west night sky, then the east night sky, we may actualy be seing the same place from 2 different angles and 2 diferent times. This makes astronomy a bit complicated. However, no evidence for such things yet.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That means that Star Wars is happening right now - somewhere !

Hahahaha I tell my friend that Lord Of The Rings is not fake, and then I tell him my theory and he always argues with me.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Not only is the universe expanding, it's also speeding up according to some astronomers.

I would assume that if everything is getting faster that would somehow affect time in some way.

Don't know what that has to do with anything though.

Perhaps ours is not the only universe and we're beginning to collide with another expanding universe or a dieing imploding one.

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, been up since six and have a lot of coffee.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Perhaps ours is not the only universe and we're beginning to collide with another expanding universe or a dieing imploding one.

What would happen if we collided w/ another universe is the problem??? That would be really messed up, would time and space be fasing in and out with another universe?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What would happen if we collided w/ another universe is the problem??? That would be really messed up, would time and space be fasing in and out with another universe?

I have no idea but it might be interesting or catastrophic or both.

Would we even notice?

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Another question raised by the expanding universe is what is the unviverse expanding into? and when will the rate of expansion slow to a halt, and gravity cause the universe to constrict? What caused the expansion in the first place? If you answer the big bang, what caused that?

I hate answering these questions, because theres no definate proof of any proposed answer

top topics

join