It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

and you call yourself a patriot???????????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldSeer

What makes you so different than a Iraqi is that you were born into this way of life and they were not

Ok, haven't read the rest of your post yet, but I had to make this point: NEither was ANYONE who started this country. Yet they pulled it off, and 200 years later, we're the most powerful nation on earth....

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Lets hope we are not there for 200 years

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Now if this was just a handfull of people I would say no problem but 10000+ fanatics can raise hell on a newly formed goverment, I do not think they will change their minds based on their beliefs. Dont get me wrong there are those that want this change in iraq that live there but they are not the type to blow themselves up to make a point or terrorise others even the terrorists, but there are alot in that region that are and they will bide their time until they can make a inpact or fade away and a new generation will come in only having lived under that type of goverment.

I don't think they'll change their minds, either, but what happened to all the "Tories" in the colonies? They joined the government and managed to pass a mentality that lasts today: England, good, France bad. They were no different from the Iraqis. Al'Sadr could be a Benedict Arnold. A leader among his people, against their freedom, who comes off as an Iraqi. This is not unheard of in a transition from a monarchy to a democracy, we went through it ourselves.

There's no doubt we're going to be there for a long time. We still have toops in Japan and Germany. And you know what? We have troops in Vietnam. Transition isn't an easy thing, and rather then have the boxer rebellion in Iraq, we have stepped in to ensure that that can be supressed. It was a pain in the butt for our founding fathers, we're trying to make it easier for the Iraqis. But they are definatelly capable of ruling themselves in a democratic manner.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Where is the freedom for those in iraq that do not want the US there and their #s are many?

England and France and the US back then worked it out themselves and didnt have a super power come in and say this is the way it will be..

Yes we will be there a very long time.

That is until something happens and someone with a bigger gun says otherwise but i suppose the US will fight for what they belive in any way they can with intent on winning as do the iraq people.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Where is the freedom for those in iraq that do not want the US there and their #s are many?

Where is the freedom for those who want to be abketi pray inschools? Where is the freedome fot those who want to get married but are gay? Democracy is the rule of the majority, not to rule of everybody.

England and France and the US back then worked it out themselves and didnt have a super power come in and say this is the way it will be..

yes, they settled it through a war. We fought England in the war of 1812. We didn't work this out peacefully.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I feel the iraq people should work this out internally now that Saddam is gone and no more us lives should be lost. If this was agreed on by the UN I would say ok its the magority but it was not, nor did they find the WMD that was the reason for being there. Let the installed goverment work it out.

Seems like we do what we want to, UN approval or not I guess democracy only works in some situations.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo

Originally posted by quango

-posted anonymously on a german website in the spring of 1940.

The Germans had a website in 1940?

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Bobbo]

I didn't think Al Gore was even born in 1940..

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A real sloooooow one

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Lol Bush's speach gave us a lot of ammo! Might take the dems a few days to start their spin machine up...

LMFAO! Yeah, right. He looked like a liar and a fool during that speech(not that he doesn't period). I don't remember him answering one damn question up their. He just started babeling off topic. Some president, Iraq had no WMD's. He invaded iraq for his "unfinished family business".

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
this war will turn into a vietnam if we withdraw.......

I'm with you on the support the war idea, but I'm sick of people trivializing Vietnam and Hitler's unspeakable actions by comparing them to the war in Iraq and president Bush.

There is no comparison in any way shape or form, and it sickens me to see people doing so.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am a patriot

Of the United Kingdom

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix

this war will turn into a vietnam if we withdraw.......

I'm with you on the support the war idea, but I'm sick of people trivializing Vietnam and Hitler's unspeakable actions by comparing them to the war in Iraq and president Bush.

There is no comparison in any way shape or form, and it sickens me to see people doing so.

Agreed, I don't think we can even liken Iraq to Vietnam.

I do think the sooner we get out the better though. We have certainly overextended ourselves in the middle east.

Every event fuels the fire and I can only think it would create more terrorists in the end.

Isn't our "Imperialism" and involvement in the middle east the major reasons for their focus on us in the first place?

Personally I think so, but it's really hard for any of us to really quantify their reasons as they are a culture and religion fairly unknown to us.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Guess what..... we are in a war..... so if you know what is best for this country and for it's people, then support your president at a time like this.............

Ok Omega sorry to say but that comment is the biggest pile of "steaming stinking bull$hit" I've read in a while.

It's exactly this type of thinking that got us in the mess we are in right now.

"To announce that there must be NO criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President Right or Wrong, is not only UNPATRIOTIC and SERVILE, but is Morally TREASONABLE to the American Public." Former Republican President, Theodore Roosevelt

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
Saddam was a threat. WMDs were an impending threat- he used them before, so who's to say he wouldn't use them again....

You might want to check on who actually gave Saddam the WMD's so he could use them against Iran in the first place.

Nevermind I'll tell you. The Good old US Government.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
You have a well made point. I'm no fan of Bush, but I am behind this war against Terrorism. I am glad Saddam is out of power. I keep hoping they will take the gloves and restraints off the marines, the army and everyone else involved in the Iraq situation.

Yeah lets go ahead and Nuke the Middle East until there's nothing left but oil!!

:shk:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by regs
How can we be a great nation if we turn our backs on other's who live in terror every day?

Oh if thats the case the after Iraq I imagine Bush Will start invading countries that its citizens live in "terror". I mean if we're freeing the Iraqui people why not go all out and free everyone while we're at it. :shk:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's all very well steaming into the place with kick ass diplomacy and sending the old regime toppling, the coalition were warned a long time ago that 'winning the peace' was as crucial as winning the war but the death or glory brigade seemed to think that Iraqis, once liberated would fall on their knees in gratitude and tow the line. Never happens like that.

Bush, Blair et al should start admitting thier mistake so they can start rectifying it.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When I was a kid I read a lot about WWII. One question I always wrestled with was "How did Hiltler succeed in getting all these Germans to go along with him".
Listening to all these Bush ass kissers, I now understand

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nemesis9
When I was a kid I read a lot about WWII. One question I always wrestled with was "How did Hiltler succeed in getting all these Germans to go along with him".
Listening to all these Bush ass kissers, I now understand

About a month late on this one, aren't you cheif?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Nowhere did I say I had JUST come to that realization. However, I did just join this board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join