It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

and you call yourself a patriot???????????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
my rant...... (there's more where this came from)

I'm sick of anti-bush talk. Guess what..... we are in a war..... so if you know what is best for this country and for it's people, then support your president at a time like this.............

this war will turn into a vietnam if we withdraw....... because every single family that was pro us will be slaughtered.............. If you value life, im talkin both American and Iraqi.... then you better support bush. All the more cr ap you talk about him... the more hope you give for the terrorists that hate you..

I am no jingoist.... but i believe what we start in iraq has to be finished..... and let me tell you kerry aint the man to do it.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
soooo.....what's the point of this war again? wasn't it to find WMD's??? and did we find any? uhhh...no....so let's say ur mommy tells u that there's candy in an engine and u take apart the engine to find the candy and u realize that there is none, wouldn't u think that ur mommy was a liar? now replace the word mommy with bush and the word candy with WMD's and the word engine with iraq....

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by silQ]

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Saddam was a threat. WMDs were an impending threat- he used them before, so who's to say he wouldn't use them again....

i think Bush did what needed to be done.

and Kerry isn't the man to finish the job.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You have a well made point. I'm no fan of Bush, but I am behind this war against Terrorism. I am glad Saddam is out of power. I keep hoping they will take the gloves and restraints off the marines, the army and everyone else involved in the Iraq situation.

War means you anhililate your enemies until until they sue us for peace. Anything less than that is pussyfooting around.

I don't care if they hate us. Its either us or them.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
my rant...... (there's more where this came from)

I'm sick of anti-bush talk. Guess what..... we are in a war..... so if you know what is best for this country and for it's people, then support your president at a time like this.............

this war will turn into a vietnam if we withdraw....... because every single family that was pro us will be slaughtered.............. If you value life, im talkin both American and Iraqi.... then you better support bush. All the more cr ap you talk about him... the more hope you give for the terrorists that hate you..

I am no jingoist.... but i believe what we start in iraq has to be finished..... and let me tell you kerry aint the man to do it.

I agree we need to stick it out in Iraq. If we pull out, we will have the blood of countless Iraqis on our hands...again.

As far as supporting Bush...You can still be a patriot and not support him. I'm voting for Bush this November...Probably. There is one thing (that is possible, If he shoots Laura in the head, he won't get my vote either) he can do that will lose it, even the day before the election. If we pull out of Iraq, then this war was purely for political reasons. He would be no better then Bill Clinton bombing Iraq to distract from a little sperm on a dress. Not only would I not vote for him, but I would like to see him hanged.

But you need to support the troops, not the prez. We can never have another vietnam in reference to behavior towards the troops. And thankfully, most people against the war have not been against the troops but against the policy. I have spoken to a few people who condemn the troops...That's a special lot. One person I know, when she found out my cousin is a Green Barret in Iraq, started calling him, and me by association, a baby killer. She told me she wished he was dead. Thankfully, these people are few and far between. THOSE are the people that aren't the patriots. Having a different political idealogy isn't that bad.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
this is for silQ comment---------

havent you heard of people hiding stuff/ getting rid of stuff........????
-------they do that you know
ohhh what a concept for you liberal masterminds to understand..... if you want to have a debate over the reasons for this war then lets go.

o yea..... and who said the search was over... we havent taken the "engine" completely apart..... we still have a lot to go.....

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by omega1]

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by omega1]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
Saddam was a threat. WMDs were an impending threat- he used them before, so who's to say he wouldn't use them again....

i think Bush did what needed to be done.

and Kerry isn't the man to finish the job.

Lol Bush's speach gave us a lot of ammo! Might take the dems a few days to start their spin machine up...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I believe that we do need to support Bush, if for no other reason than because a nation divided will not stand. Saddam did in fact use WMD's before, on innocent people...his own citizens, in fact. He was a cold blooded, blood thirsty killer. He killed his own family for pete sake. Freedom is not the absense of terror but the presence of justice. How can we be a great nation if we turn our backs on other's who live in terror every day?

My thoughts,

regs out...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Saddam was a threat. WMDs were an impending threat

yea but how can he use the WMDs if they're not there?.....
I'm all for the war on terrorism but iraq was pretty unneccessary. now we have to finish what we've started.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

if you want to have a debate over the reasons for this war then lets go.

Okay, but maybe take it to the Mudpit.
This started as an admitted rant, now turned into sheer partisan antagonism.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't care if they hate us. Its either us or them.

If one could so easily define 'us' and 'them' then the war on 'terror' would be well over.

You can't define abstractions, and even more so: You cannot fight them!

Good luck with 'them' and 'terror'.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

I'm all for the war on terrorism but iraq was pretty unneccessary. now we have to finish what we've started.

As I'm sure you know, there's intel saying they went to Syria. If this was true or not, we won't know for a while. It may be, but then again, it may not be.

Also, as we learned tonight, the FBI claim of 70 investigations into terror on the "PDB" (dang, Adobe has been getting a lot of free advertising...) might have been false. It could have been some CIA dude decided to exagerate the WMD presance (sorry, can't spell). How far do we expect the president to research every memo he gets durring the day? Remember, these terror threats, although of the upmost importaince, aren't the only things he sees. He gets tons of info every day, and has no choice but to trust that his advisors are giving him accurate information. That's why the advisors are there. He doesn't have the time to research every memo, not even every terror memo, until he has ensured that all the facts provided in it are accurate.

I'm glad to see you realize we need to stick with Iraq now that we started it, tho. A lot of people just want us to pull out and give Iraq back to the "people" (Read extreamist groups who are fighting the US troops, not Joe Everybody)

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

Correction. It wasn't unneccessary. This is a WAR ON TERROR. If you are so dim witted that you can't understand that Saddam was a ruler that survived by keeping his people in terror, than there is no hope for you. Do you think that it wasn't an act of terror to use WMD's on his own people? Remember the Kurd's? What about killing his own family for leaving then coming back? Don't you think that act terrified the citizen's of Iraq? Use the brain God gave you and think things through.

My thoughts,

regs out...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

this reminded of a quote.

"i'm sick of this anti-hitler talk! we are in a war... so if you know what is good for this country and for it's people, then support your fuhrer at a time like this..."
-posted anonymously on a german website in the spring of 1940.

dissent leads to discussion leads to democracy.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"I'm sick of anti-bush talk. Guess what..... we are in a war..... so if you know what is best for this country and for it's people, then support your president at a time like this............. "

If I didn't know better I would have thought that this was an episode of All in the Family. Well done Archie.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Rant had a point...Moving this to the Mud Pit where it belongs...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"If I didn't know better I would have thought that this was an episode of All in the Family. Well done Archie. "

lol

ill tell you what...... its an episode of wake up and smell the coffee

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

then you better support bush

just because he's president doesn't mean he has the best ideas.

i think it's more american and 'patriotic' to question a person who is leading america down a dangerous road.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So what the main post is saying is if a president wants to be re-elected all he has to do is declare a war on false pretense then get bogged down in a war thats proving to be harder than he thought... oh i forgot also lie to your people multiple times to get their support and have the media give mis-information so the public dont even have the right information in making a decision on whether the war is a good thing or not...

So your saying because bush is a liar and a warmonger he should be re-elected... bull-#!

The only thing re-electing bush will do is ensure that more and more people from other nations hate the USA and other western nations allied with them...

I live in australia and am half western half asian... i remember 5 years ago when i went to asia people treated me with repsect coz of my western blood... last year i went people treated me with contempt because of my western blood... you know what their justification for this was... all westerners are like bush, bush is evil!

Now i disagree we're all like bush, but i agree he is evil!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
First of all, i'll admit, I fell for the ploy over a year ago. I supported the self-loathing power-hungry bureaucrats and politicians in the ignition of this war.

However I soon noticed they lied, their reasons were flakes, immaterial, or down right incorrect.

But it doesn't matter, as long as their reasons were justified, and true (*cough*cough*gags*)

I fell for it from the whole, WMD violations, and Al Qaeda terrorist link. (note. This was before I saw the truth. And I believed what I now know is fiction)

Normally, I feel war is wrong, and America should return to it's isolation policy, AKA "don't touch me, I won't touch you"

But the whole 9/11 events, mixed with friends enlisting, and other so-called "patriotic" messages, I felt the government could protect me. (What was I thinking?)

Heck, I even enlisted, knowing I'd be rejected, but tried to tip-toe by, thank God I was spotted.

But, what I am saying is, nationalism is the road to slavery. It worked for Hitler in World War 2, and Stalin in the USSR, along with numerous others.

Once you blindly follow the orders from the "fatherland", or "motherland", you ARE A SLAVE, and you no longer worship God, but a State.

Be free people; obey the common law, respect each others rights, and pray for freedom from the shackles.

It is unwise to obey the State, when you do not control it. To obey, is to be enslaved.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join