It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Watching You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

This Springtime the BBC will produce a program called "Who's Watching You?"

Does this sound too much like the Orwellian days are well and truly here?

I for one will be keeping an eye out for this "Show" just to see how the BBC portray this subject, hopefully we'll see a fair and balanced documentary on a very real and very scary topic!

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.publications.parliament.uk...
HOUSE OF LORDS
Select Committee on the Constitution
2nd Report of Session 2008–09
Surveillance:
Citizens and the
State
Volume I: Report
Ordered to be printed 21 January 2009 and published 6 February 2009

[edit on 10-2-2009 by zerozero00]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I would'nt hold your breath! The BBC only broadcast what Big Brother allow them to.A good example of this is the "Horizon" documentary series.It used to cover really interesting subjects such as Climate Change, Supervolcanoes and the singularity.Now it's reduced to completely trivial tosh.Now if it was Channel 4 "dispatches" we may find out the truth.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Your right!

I wont be holding my breath, and I don't expect too much...but at least we'll get an update of what they want us to know

anyway, please download the PDF attachment as I believe we are all going to need to know what legal strength the new surveillance measures have..

www.publications.parliament.uk...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't know who but, someone is.

A few years ago here in Indy they started putting up cameras at busy intersections and attributed the policy to monitoring traffic and keeping a video records of major accident areas.

The big problem here....I've found one in my neighborhood. My street, while in a metro area, is deep back into a neighborhood has no high traffic and I can remember one fender bender in the last 10 years.

Curiously, this cam popped up right after a FBI raid on a house directly across the street from me. After the initial swarming of the house, with guns drawn in the middle of the afternoon I felt I had a right to know what the frak was going on. I approchaed an agent and expressed my concern. He stated the two african-american men living there (who I just thought were father and son) were involved in terrorist activities and several houses in the neighborhood were involved. He then explained they were running an issurance scam of transportting physically impared people to appointments. There was an unmarked white transport vehicle in the driveway. The FBI told me they were funneling profits to a terrorist organization in Africa.

When I pressed for more information, he took a deep inhale through his nose and looked at me with a threating and suspicious piercing glare. I suppose he may got a whiff of something that lingered on my clothes... Then asked where I lived. I said, um, down there - pointing opposite of where I live
I walked around the block and snuck in my back door LOL

But seriously, I know this was a tad off topic but this incident was not reported on the news or in the paper. I've never seen a raid like that in person and certainly seemed news worthy too me. This is a quiet, middle class neighborhood with very nice houses. Who is monitoring that camera in my neighborhood? This feels like a complete invasion of my priavcy.

Finally, one last curious observation. The house sat for several months with zero coming or goings. Over the last three months it appears they are totally gutting the house - the people working on the house have never had any business information on the trucks (ie joes' contruction.)

Just my few cents and also to confirm that *someone* IS watching. Always.
~Cyn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67bi

Interesting story you got there!
It sounds like another misuse of surveillance and lack of transparency which is just what we don't need!
There is calls for more transparency in how all our data is used so as to protect human rights but I fear the worst when it comes to the government and whether it will listen to "House of Lords" recommendations which can be found in the linked PDF!

top topics

join