It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we Return to the Gold Standard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I say yes, I feel that the Founding Fathers KNEW what they were doing when they wrote it in the constitution (Article 1 section 9) saying that states can only accept currency that is backed by or is gold or silver.

Reason being...it's more stable, no rampant inflation, such as what happend to the continental note, and what's happening now.

www.libertyhaven.com...

The above link is an index of some good articles pertaining to why the Gold Standard is good for US, not the bankers however, who make their money on peddling credit with money that doesn't exist (fiat money)...but for the citizens, whom the government is SUPPOSED to be watching out for, the gold standard is the best.

The above index also discusses how to properly returning to the Gold Standard, without a major depression or inflation.

Anyways...think on it, this is worth discussing, since the Constitution still says that we must be on a gold/silver standard, which means that this government since april 28th 1933, has been legitimately unconstitutional.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Of course we have to go back to this standard. Former France president, Charles De Gaulle ( Charles De Gaulle, the president, NOT THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER who will sink in 5 seconds !
) tryed to do it in 1968.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Check this out...It looks to me like a way of easing ourselves back into the gold standard, get the business of "making money" back into the hands of Congress & filter the currently unconsitutional financial system back into the economy *with* the gold standard.

nesara.org...
I haven't read it all yet, but I'm working on it...It looks like NESARA is going to need support to get anywhere with this.

[Edited on 20-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

join