It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a "crackpot American website"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by Ownification
reply to post by IsaacKoi

If ATS starts giving a damn about what the mainstream thinks than the first thing to do is to ban all criticism of the main stream media as biased. ATS shouldn't even consider this move into taking the mainstream media in to consideration, it is not about how they portray the ATS members because without those ATS members ATS wouldn't be ATS. Without those consperacies ATS wouldn't be ATS. Without those wild and out of the box claims for example, "The Earth Is Flat", ATS wouldn't be ATS.

ATS is community where there is no impossibilities and that is exactly what makes ATS, ATS. If you take that away than it is just another lame Mainstream discussion board.

You should check out other Conspiracy sites and see what no attempt to filter out crap looks like.

Worrying about what the MSM thinks isn't as much an issue as worrying about what any reasonably intelligent person thinks when they come here.

There is such a thing as credibility. When the lunatic fringe, haters, delusional, dominate the system, who wants to spend time wading through to find some gems.

Image shouldn't be important - but it is.

MF

Who is this "reasonably intelligent person" you are seeking for? Bush? Obama? I'm still confused in to who you are seeking to invite to ATS.

conspiracy theories are meant to be interesting, and yes they should provide some evidence (even if minor) to back the main claims, if no evidence than other ATS members should take time in to helping the conspiracy or disregarding it, I think we are intellegent enough to do that. If a "reasonably intelligent person" visits ATS and sees the ludacris conspiracy theories he would laugh and have a good time and expand his mind, that would be the reaction of a reasonably intelligent person in my opinion. He would think about the psychologically behind these beliefs, he would immediate jump in the discussion and ask questions. Than while participating he would potentially meet more "reasonably intelligent person"s and that is how we all got here isn't it, or is it just me.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am just trying to figure out who Robbie Williams is.

second line
third line
and fourth

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I hear a lot of people knocking the "Daily Mail" here, but I for one am glad they put a certain story out that has hit home with a lot of members here and in my opinion is an important issue at the core of modern society today.

I have yet to find another source....

Just this one story is worth having them around for a while eh?....thanks Daily Mail.

The ATS Thread: Couple wrongly accused of abusing their baby cannot have their children back because it is too late

Corny to say this I know, but kids are the future.

cheers, nerb

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I feel that there has been a change in the quality of the posts and the kind of posters that have been on ATS of late.

I am quite a newbie but I joined because I loved the amount of thought that people here seemed to but into things.

They seemed to see and understand things that so many other people ignore.

I loved their passion and their camaraderie. I loved being able to have a civil intelligent conversation with so many different people and different viewpoints; oft time with a bit of humor thrown in to mellow the storms.

I am finding an increasing change in the flavor and the texture of the posts and posters here on ATS. I wonder if these kind of portrayals are what brings the wolves to our door.

I guess it doesn’t matter much why they come; they are a hungry bunch and we continue to feed them.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I saw both the threads quoted in the article. However, for every thread that is clearly nonsense there is balance in some of the fascinating and interesting topics ATS brings to the floor.

For the Daily Mail to be questioning anyone's prose is extremely humerous. It is a rag that indulges in facist propaganda and lies:

www.mailwatch.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

If a "reasonably intelligent person" visits ATS and sees the ludacris conspiracy theories he would laugh and have a good time and expand his mind, that would be the reaction of a reasonably intelligent person in my opinion. He would think about the psychologically behind these beliefs, he would immediate jump in the discussion and ask questions. Than while participating he would potentially meet more "reasonably intelligent person"s and that is how we all got here isn't it, or is it just me.

I wish you are right. I've opened the page in front of a couple of people I know or provided links to friends, telling them to look at some particular thread.

Their pretty much consistent response was to take one look at the front page and say something to the effect of "this is one of those crazy conspiracy sites."

It's hard to sell something in a store when no one walks in.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
They ( Daily Mail) have got a down on anything UFO related . Ever since David Duchovny started proceedings to sue them for a $ million for printing alleged lies about him a few months ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I trust the people who have nothing to gain from it from those who do, in terms of money...

Just like how I trust real people from sales representatives (nothing against them personally).

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I don't think the Daily Mail deserves the attention it's getting here. Another rag newspaper suffering from diminishing advertising and circulation.
So some desperate attempts to boost circulation within a limited budget.

Going grotesque tabloid is one of the few options left for papers. Real reporting, travel, indepth coverage costs money, takes time, and requires journalistic talent.

And while I'm in bitching mode, ATS shouldn't be so insecure that it attaches any significance to mentions in bottom feeder newspapers.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I love these key words that skeptics use. Crackpot, crazy, schizo. Do these people even realize that these terms can be EASILY applied to all MSM sources?!

ATS is not 100% correct. Show me ONE news source that is? Not possible.

This site is meant for open-minded individuals, who aren't okay with the BS that is told to them from MSM.

Perhaps some conspiracies are merely delusions, based off of projections. It's definately not all of what shows up here!

I think ATS will be vendicated after the collapse of the world economy, or the coming of the one world currency. Whichever happens, if not both.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I love these key words that skeptics use. Crackpot, crazy, schizo. Do these people even realize that these terms can be EASILY applied to all MSM sources?!

ATS is not 100% correct. Show me ONE news source that is? Not possible.

This site is meant for open-minded individuals, who aren't okay with the BS that is told to them from MSM.

Perhaps some conspiracies are merely delusions, based off of projections. It's definately not all of what shows up here!

I think ATS will be vendicated after the collapse of the world economy, or the coming of the one world currency. Whichever happens, if not both.

As bad as the mainstream media may be, there is some semblance of attempting to verify information.

And it's pretty much of a stretch to diss every news and information source. Concerned hard working journalists and writers research by going to places, interviewing people involved, reading documents, checking facts. Not just rehashing Youtube and conspiracy site information.

The best researched and thought out information sources are still books and articles in independent magazines and newspapers.

The Internet has some wonderful things and a lot of knowledgeable people are contributing. But still a long way to go before any forum, even one as good as ATS, can be considered a reliable source of information, properly researched, and cited.

When the big change happens, I can almost guarantee the first thing to go will be the open source Internet.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As a daily reader of some of these papers over here I think this should just be straight up ignored, you should see some of the over-opinionated losers they give their own columns.. all it is, is so they can make their little jabs and try to further themselves.

There's only one decent person in the entire country who writes a newspaper column and thats Jeremy Clarkson (not sure how familiar Americans will be with him but never mind) yeh he rules, in my opinion should be Prime Minister

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Did this reporter come to ATS and just log straight into the skunk works section? I mean skunk works is there for a very simple reason, to post all the nuts, unsubstantiated rubbish. Yet they seem to have presented some of that as the general consensus of truth on ATS.

Ahh but it's the Daily Mail, once i saw that i happily read the article, smiling the entire time.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellish-D
Crackpot website.......

It might be that this site posts things like:
Critical thinkers are disinfo agents
Irrefutable evidence that Obama is the Antichrist
I'm paranoid and insane! I blame the government!

The last one of those is in the skunk works forum. As i said the skunk works forum isn't exactly the cream of ATS and it exists for that very reason, to get rid of the truly nuts stuff that has absolutely no merit.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

the skunk works forum isn't exactly the cream of ATS and it exists for that very reason, to get rid of the truly nuts stuff that has absolutely no merit.

As I have noted before, those of us who've glided through ATS are aware where the landmines are and know how to find the more thoughtful stuff.

Not the case for anyone coming in cold, as I did not that long ago. With thousands of active threads going on at once, it just seems overwhelming. The user interface is well designed, but not as intuitive as some think.

I stress these aspects because I think it's important that the site and it's content are accessible to first time customers. It may be great inside here, but think what it looks like to those just opening the door for the first time.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
For the most part I agree with that newspaper's description of ATS. 95% of posters and posts on these forums are indeed crackpot and totally uniformed. Still, I lurk for the other 5%. This place has gone down hill a lot, but I guess the site owners are making more money with the increased traffic.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
This place has gone down hill a lot, but I guess the site owners are making more money with the increased traffic.

Bingo. Remember, it's always about the bottom line.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellish-D

Originally posted by rizla
This place has gone down hill a lot, but I guess the site owners are making more money with the increased traffic.

Bingo. Remember, it's always about the bottom line.

In fairness the owners are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Imagine tomorrow they started to clean up the site as requested, well then people would be saying that they're censoring posts and keeping the truth from getting out. They'll be going back to accusing the owners of being a CIA front.

If they don't censor then us members can try and sort out the wheat from the chaff and are able to post whatever we wish (within the rules).

I know it's not nice reading through rubbish but at least we have the choice. I kind of feel sorry for the owners being backed into a corner with only these two choices.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I don't think anyone is talking about censoring (although there is plenty of censorship already). There's nothing the owners can do about the BS on the site because that's what the site is about. Just don't complain when the members are called crackpots.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join