It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All is full of love. A truth found.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
Thank you everyone I appreciate all your input.
Yes in the end we are all one:

One drop of water from the vast ocean

One grain of sand on the eternal beach

One twinkling star in the great milky way

One holon in the Holarchy of the Universe.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Epsillion70]

Very Wise Words! Thx for sharing

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Casting lvl 20 thread necromancy......

I think there are alot of recently joined people who would love to comment on this topic. Their current opinion and progress i value seeing.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Yes they burned the witches out of love for their god... to please him and save their town from further punishment. For the love of those they would save by purging satan.

Sorry, but you need to learn some history.

The witch hunts were inspired by fear, greed and hatred.
God/religion was just an excuse.
The church wanted power, control, and the people they saw as the biggest threat to this control were the village wise women and any single wealthy women.
So they brought in a system whereby the possessions of any woman killed or driven from her land for witchcraft were split between the church, the informer and the town's highest official.

The longer this went on the more greed, and the sadistic delight people took in the spectacle, drove the process.

You can say the men watching loved seeing a girl with her clothing burnt off writhing in the flames. The men who tore her body to pieces first to elicit a confession loved torturing. The officials of the church loved power. The informers loved the money they earned.

But you can only say this because "love" in our language has several different meanings.
True love involves the willingness to sacrifice yourself for the good of others, never the willingness to sacrifice others for your own benefit.

GWB himself said that we was the "comforter" in chief.. that it was gods will to start those wars... theres a quote of it somewhere on utube.

It's just sickening that anyone could believe that crap.

Those people pick strategicaly valuable places to fight to win wars to protect their children... their ideals... their love.

Do you know about GWB's older sister, how she died alone in hospital at five years old, being treated for leukaemia, because her parents were too busy playing golf to come to the hospital when they were told she was dying? They played golf again instead of going to her funeral.

That family don't even love heir own children. All they know is personal greed, hunger for power and contempt for the world.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The best definitation that I've run across for Love, was offered by M. Scott Peck in the all time best seller "The Road Less Travelled" wherein he defined Love as - The will, to give of one's self, for the sake of another's spiritual growth or well being.
Personally I believe that it must have mutuality at heart for it to be love, since at the most fundamental level we are all one.
In this sense, the Nazi extermination program was NOT loving.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

"Even the bad things that people do in this world are done for a love of an ideal"

Yes, true indeed. That is why if you have the wrong ideal, and you devote your love to a false god such as Money, you will do acts that are EVIL. That's right EVIL. I said the word your new age crowley infested minds cannot tolerate (,even though you claim to tolerate everything). Evil it exists.

Evil is the natural result of putting your love/reverence/attention on anything other than the true God and his Son Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Although i might not agree with your terminology completely your right, and its still love... as real and as convincing as any ever known. It would be very easy to infer were i stand on mysticism with a bit of research.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Mat 23:29-30 " Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. "

The Nazi Holocaust was caused by the very same Ideology espoused in the OP. looking at horrific Evil and calling it Love. Your philosophy is of your father the devil.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

from their perspective it is. They loved the idea of their dominance and world status. They loved and died for the idea of a German superpower.

I glad your showing intrest though. You should go stone people to show your love for god like those brainwashed morons who followed ANYTHING written in the old testament.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hate is the opposite of love - what about serial killers who do so out of hate, because they grew up with no love, presumably.

What about people who torture people and animals?

I don't see love there.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

They have a love for a feeling of controll. They do everything they can chasing that feeling of domination over another, or the love of winning hte game. Its a chemical addiction like all emotion.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I think they are full of the chemical of hate and have no room for the chemical of love.

People who have never been shown love do not have those chemicals.
We are born with the capacity to love, but someone or something can pour that test tube down the drain.

Then they get another test tube, filled with hate, and inject it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bump.

A lot of truth in this thread. *pun

Its hard for some people to see it because they just interpret love differently. Society wraps that word up with so many different situations and feelings.

I usually try not to use it for the mere fact people will miss what I'm saying.

Everything done, is presumably correct. Even when you have absolutely no idea of the outcome, you "trust" it is correct. Trust being of love.

The only problem is with what is mutual.

My love is not your love, your love is not my love, our love is only misunderstood, and we misunderstand because we are ignorant.

It is an absolute truth, with no conditions. When we give it conditions we are ignorant of it's truth.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by juveous]

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You are confusing love with want.

A common mistake for psychopaths.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join