It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All is full of love. A truth found.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I thought i'd share some of my thoughts about "Love"

Well...i actually don't think it's possible to love anyone other than yourself. I believe everything that an individual human being does is out of love of the self, because the only thing that an individual has is their perception of reality.

So if a parent for example is worried about his child because he can see it crying, he tries to help his child, he doesn't want his child to be hurting. So he would act to try and stop it. But in actual fact he is not trying to stop his child from hurting, he is trying to stop HIMSELF from hurting, because it hurts him to see his child in pain.

If the only thing you have is your perception of reality, and something within your reality is hurting you, then you will try to stop it right? Because it hurts YOU.

If the parent was not affected by his childs pain, and his reality was undisturbed by it, then he would do nothing to stop it. Get what i mean?

So...basically i think human beings are ultimately selfish, just like all other organisms, but can at the same time be extremely loving towards themselves. It just so happens that other peoples lives can be made better from that individuals self love, like the child that is made to feel better having a hug from its parent when sad.

I hope all that made sense!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mesdoline

When i see other people suffering.. the reason i would feel it would be due to me understanding that me and this other person are equal... that i am infact that person, but veiwing myself from another perspective.

That me and you and anyone else are one... and that i am i your shoes.. and you are in mine. When i hurt you i create pain for myself.. when i help you, i help myself.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There are only two things in this life that one makes their decisions upon ;

One is light the other is darkness

One is internal the other is external

One is knowledge the other is ignorance

One is remembering the other is forgetting

One is peace the other is war

One is happiness and joy the other is hate and depression

One is content the other is form

One is what you feel the other is what you think

One is simple and profound the other is complicated and ambiguous

One was created the other was made

One is infinite love the other is fear

One is forgiveness the other is vengeance

One is reality the other is an illusion.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
There are only two things in this life that one makes their decisions upon ;

One is light the other is darkness

One is internal the other is external

One is knowledge the other is ignorance

One is remembering the other is forgetting

One is peace the other is war

One is happiness and joy the other is hate and depression

One is content the other is form

One is what you feel the other is what you think

One is simple and profound the other is complicated and ambiguous

One was created the other was made

One is infinite love the other is fear

One is forgiveness the other is vengeance

One is reality the other is an illusion.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Epsillion70]

But this is all based upon what limited knowledge they have.. which forms their understandings and births their love. Do they really have a choice? There is only one thing that exists and that is love. Everything else is the illusion.

Light and darkness have been created through love.. it is the basis of knowledge, what is truth and what is a lie, these things created as a contrast to find the true purpose behind all action, love.

The division only brings you back to the one motivation.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

When you're loving yourself you're essentially loving everything there is, because you are nothing but a window to the world... Ego is a bit of an illusion and mostly fear motivated. And the world is basically created by energy. And, the idea of this thread is that this conscious creational energy is love. A higher power, a higher being.

This is hard to prove in the scientific sense, because it's hard to prove everything from something, but I think a lot of people experience the epiphany.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Yes, one is love, one is fear. One is energy the other is absense of said energy. One is one, the other is zero. So I guess, paradoxically, the dychotomy of love and fear can be seen as everything being love. And there is nothing to fear.

Again, it's something one has to experience to understand I guess.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian

When you're loving yourself you're essentially loving everything there is, because you are nothing but a window to the world... Ego is a bit of an illusion and mostly fear motivated. And the world is basically created by energy. And, the idea of this thread is that this conscious creational energy is love. A higher power, a higher being.

This is hard to prove in the scientific sense, because it's hard to prove everything from something, but I think a lot of people experience the epiphany.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You say when you love yourself you love everything there is... I agree with that if you mean by "everything" your own individual perception of reality.

But if "everything" extends outside of yourself and includes other people...i don't agree. Because you can love yourself and act on that love and, consequently, hurt other people in doing so, which you can't say is loving them, or loving anything other than youself.

Maybe it's all a bit of a catch 22.

You said "conscious creational energy is love. A higher power, a higher being." I'm not too sure what you mean by that. "Conscious creational energy"...sounds like a description of the human mind...???

I'll read the posts again incase you did elaborate on that!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Epsillion70

Yes, one is love, one is fear. One is energy the other is absense of said energy. One is one, the other is zero. So I guess, paradoxically, the dychotomy of love and fear can be seen as everything being love. And there is nothing to fear.

Again, it's something one has to experience to understand I guess.

I think it does require experiances, but what those are exactly that bring about such an understanding is still hard to completely imagine. I think its a result of knowledge... i think it is inevitable. That you cannot turn away from the anwser that is right in frount of your face.

That as life progesses and stores knowledge, and creates greater understandings, that the love evolves with it.... driving your desire into an never ending journey of exploration.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
into prefect words...

there aren't perfect/complete words especially to describe reality,
(these "all is full of love"actually offer a nice and wide perspective on it to my opinion)

because it can be realised only

this truth is the only Truth

peace

[edit on 9-2-2009 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thank you everyone I appreciate all your input.
Yes in the end we are all one:

One drop of water from the vast ocean

One grain of sand on the eternal beach

One twinkling star in the great milky way

One holon in the Holarchy of the Universe.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Love of evil is harmful because it always involves doing harm to someone.
Love of evil gives birth to evil.....because it is evil.

Love of good is never evil or harmful to others.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
watch out love potion number 9 lmao listen here, this love word is a synonym for many things. think of that. we've given the word love so much meaning that it's easily used as an excuse for anything. That's like you saying the each person who comitted a crime or something immoral is technicaly saying before they die " I felt really extremely emotional and passionate about this cause or this idea and I could not help myself, and I found others who felt the same, we decided on one plan without consulting others we decided to interfere with the lives of others because we have this feeling, so our bad, it's cause we loved our idea." Doubt that, i'm sure the variety in humans is rediculous like sure theres pockets of people who kind of are the same but everyone is different to even think that love has anything to do with love is just like creating a symbol or idol but it's just the word LOVE. like the Swaztika or the cross. I believe this should be skunked.

all of this is me comparing what your saying which like cancels out what im saying but you gotta nomesayin' nomesayin'. you know when someone says you know what I mean. THAT word should mean something. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. and then someone knows what u mean. like you didnt say anything you know what they mean instantly no problem you think noting of it like with close friend intense eh think about it next time YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by AndreDC]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AndreDC

Words come from meanings. The clarification of that meaning is what this thread is about. If you want to destroy the meaning by destroying the word you're left half way to your goal, because if the word was outlawed to the point it vanished, the meaning would remain and, sooner or later a new word would embody it.

Ideas are real, there is nothing in our heads that comes from nothing, it's all a manifestation of some energetic vibration, and, my contention is that love is a very basic vibration, or perhaps even the medium in which everything vibrates.

Again, it's something you have to experience to begin to understand, and it's just proposed as a theory for those of you that haven't and don't.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

With God On Our Side
Bob Dylan

Oh my name it is nothin'
My age it means less
The country I come from
Is called the Midwest
I's taught and brought up there
The laws to abide
And that land that I live in
Has God on its side.

So now as I'm leavin'
I'm weary as Hell
The confusion I'm feelin'
Ain't no tongue can tell
The words fill my head
And fall to the floor
If God's on our side
He'll stop the next war.

I won't post all of it here, just the first and last verses:

www.bobdylan.com...

[edit on 2/14/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AndreDC

I believe that this understanding is the basis to the 1's and 0's that create and shape our personalitys.

Without fully understanding the foundation of all decisions how can you ever hope to do anything worthwhile?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I made a post relative to this awhile ago, but I called it "greed" instead of love.

I look at it like this.

The ones of us who "feel love" when helping another person are good.
The ones of us who "feel love" when only helping themselves are evil.

So, good and evil will battle it out to have only their kind left in the world.

Many of us possess a bit of both.

There ARE very few of "100%" good humans, and very few of "100%" evil humans. The rest of us are in the middle. And this is why we have war. If not from the outside, it is from the inside.

Regardless of all that, my goal is to be happy. However I go about that I do not care, but as long as I am happy - that is all that matters.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

fun thread,
gives some hope for the future, héhé

i'll add to what Zepherian wrote that words are projections, they aren't the idea itself, only its projection. project another idea onto the same world, you obviously destroy (part of) the power of the world.

blurring, graving the original idea.

It is a tool to control the minds that have been used massively by capitalism and the guys in charge

see as for other example the history of the word "liberal" :

originally it means freedom of politic thinking to the profit of the people living conditions, the individuals

then some "economists" come around and use it to also mean free market and enterprise freedom regardless of the people and their living environment as long as profit for the corporations is there...

how this 2 incompatible ideas can be projected into the same word if not in order to confuse the minds of all : free market = for the benefit and freedom of the people

---------------------------------------

love is all and everything
neither good neither evil,
to make the division is to kill love
when division dominates it create hate and war
then love lacks more and more, as it is, these times, almost everywhere

pure love is so rare in society... that you always remember it when you see/feel it shinning in someone; and it changes you at once.

can we say the idea of love is misinterpreted/misunderstood or pure/real, rather than evil or good

edit ps: my goal is to be conscious and to create love. happiness is creating division. create happiness, you are also creating unhappiness in the process. you can be above that, it is easy, just perceive the ego and set you free from his slavery. happy/unhappy what's the big deal ? in both case you are still breathing man.

peace

[edit on 15-2-2009 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I have always wondered why people murder, I thought they might have something to prove but like some of the other people said on this forum, I never even thought of love.

Just by reading this thread it has opened my mind to alot of different things. I don't think it is something you expect to hear as a reason but i now find it to be the only reason for some things that happen in the world today.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's funny I had a realization of sorts similar to this a week ago. I was actually listening to that song "Will you still love me tomorrow?" And that's an impossible question isn't it? What I found or focused on was that love is not something you can really get a hold of. It cannot be proven. We accept it as true because we have all felt it. But you can't prove it any more than you can prove a dream (but we've all had those too and so we believe eachother when we say we had one). And it's not necessary to prove it in any way, it's always there and already there.

And now people go around all day trying to "prove" their love, and they expect it to be proven back to them (When all that seems necessary is to actually love, proving it becomes a waste of time). So a person may expect their significant other to prove they love them by whatever means, a person may try to prove to God that they love Him. A person tries to prove they love themselves as they make time for themselves, do something for themselves, or buy something for themselves.

And it always comes down to an act of devotion. And we only believe anyone loves us as much as their devotional actions signify. So after you have spent a lot of time with a girl and bought her lots of neat stuff and told her you loved her a few times she will start to believe you. Only if you spend time with your friends or parents will they believe you love them, and so on.

And people only assume God loves them if "good things" happen to them. And they try to prove to God that they love Him by being devotional and going to church and praying. And they assume that if they aren't being devotional then God won't think they love Him. And if good things aren't happening then they assume God doesn't love them... on the flipside they assume God loves them if good things are happening to them... But the love is always there either way and it has nothing to do with good or bad things happening to somebody.

And as long as we only ever believe in love so far as devotional actions can "prove it," our acceptance and ability to love and accept love will always be limited. And it's absolutely impossible in the first place, and almost everyone falls for this.

And then we assume that by loving you have to put yourself in a place of vulnerability. And in fact we think if you haven't done that then you haven't loved or risked anything. So now we are afraid to love because it's just not safe. And nobody seems to love us because they aren't making themselves vulnerable. When it is actually entirely possible to love someone or something without putting yourself to any trouble, sort of like honesty...

And it's very tiresome and it goes on and on, and this fallacy that most people tend to live by brings us so much agony. Because losing love is very sad yes, and the situation becomes impossible, and nothing really heals it except for the love itself seemingly coming back. But it was always there in the first place.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Novise]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join