It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are obsessed with one-liners!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Why am I seeing members here (who have been here for years) writing another line that says 'not a one-liner'???

Does that make any sense?

No, since we go by the spirit of the rules as much as the letter of them...

However, BTS isn't serious debate, so not as strict here for this.

It's really more to encourage members to foster genuine discussion, and not simply make quips. Even a multi-line post, that falls under the spirit of a one-liner, may get a one-liner warning....

That said, most of us concentrate on more serious infractions than minor infraction discipline. Besides, most other members will chide the one-liner before we get to it...
I try to focus more on getting the right threads in the right categories when I see it, and try to make things easier to find, more than anything else...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Someone needs to define what is meant by the word "line".

Is a line length determined by the width of the div element controlled by the CSS within the html code of the ATS php page?
...or is it considered a sentence.

I'm sure in the UK a line means something else.

My favorite one liners are from Henny Youngman.

* A car hits a Jewish man. The paramedic rushes over and says, "Are you comfortable?" The guy says: "I make a good living."

* Why do Jewish divorces cost so much? They're worth it.

* Why do Jewish men die before their wives? They want to.

* Why don't Jews drink? It interferes with their suffering.

* I went to the doctor, he said I had 6 months to live. I told him I wouldn't be able to pay the bill. He gave me another 6 months.

* Take my wife... please.

<< 1   >>

join