It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret sign of the end time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have a thought, and yes it hurts me too.
It seems history repeats itself, revelations and prophecies appear to have multiple fulfilments. Well, I wonder about a happening that had no prophecy other than it was going against Gods order: that being to spread out, multiply and fill the earth.
Early Genesis chapter 11, the story of the tower of Babel.
At that time there was but ONE LANGUAGE, and they gathered together, and decided it would be a good idea to build a tower that they may reach into heaven.
My thought is this, as I read and exlplore the internet and find sites like this I am confronted with the thought that we now for the first time in 5 thousand years, have ONE LANGUAGE.

Poeple from all over the Earth are talking, and with the co-operation of peoples all accross this beutiful planet it appears as though nothing is outside of our grasp.
Uh, isn't that the explanation God uses in Genesis 11:6 as a reason to go down, destroy the tower and confuse mans language and spread him about? KJV Gen 11:6-8 "and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound thier language that they many not understand one anothers speach so the Lord scattered them abroad"

So, outside of your normal end time prophecies, does this not strike anyone as possibly the trigger of the time that no one knows? Sure we have always had earthquakes and reports of wars, famine, hardship, starvation.....but when in last 5 millenia have we had one language, and has it seemed as though nothing is outside our grasp.

If I were God, now seems like a good time to humble mankind, and remind him that without my guidance he cannot rule himslef.

Is this a new idea? Or am I just not yet informed that my thoughts are neither new or provoking...It has all been done before right, some think thinking is plagerism.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't know where to start.

I never understood the tower of babel, they were condemned by God personally for trying to get to heaven climbing an extra large ladder. Well either God relocated heaven elsewhere or he had nothing to fear from people climbing up to say hello, or play dominos. IDK

I think what your looking for is more simple the exchange of fast communication. Much stuff in Nostradomus like this.

Altogether I'm athiest, but there's no need not to be open minded, just not to were your brains fall out.

I think we all know the world is going to end, one way or another, we all just want to know, HOW, WHEN, WHY?

Good luck with this, maybe someone else can be more insightful.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thanks for posting your thoughts.

I was just discussing this passage with someone the other day, but in light of science. Wondering if science is the new tower of Babel.

The passage you quoted has always troubled me. I think it's because there is an element of fear or...something...in there. Why would God be afraid or troubled (or whatever that emotion is I'm reading in that verse) by his own creation or his creation's potential? Then I think of quantum physics, and the incredible theories scientists are postulating lately, and I think we're getting too big for our britches. So, ya, maybe you're right.

I still don't understand why, though. Why the smack down. And the thought hurts me, as well.

Then I think of God speaking to Job. Who are we to question God. But God gave us brains and I think he wants us to use them.

Confusing stuff. Sorry for the rambling post. But ya, I think you're onto something here.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This seems like it should be in the religious conspiracy forum, unless you're posting it here under the 'myths and legends' part of the forum heading.

I don't see how "history" is repeating, since we don't have one language, we have hundreds. Not everyone on Earth speaks English (presumably the language you meant).

If you firmly believe the re-telling of an ancient Sumerian myth re-tootled and re-packaged for an audience of Middle Eastern monotheists has any prophetic bearing on the modern day, I don't know what else to say, people believe the darnedest things!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow
I share your thoughts precisely.
I believe we improve our knowledge and imagination through communicating with one another "A man who lives a life alone, has no story to tell."

In todays age. A man can write a story in Japan. And in the next moment, an American can read it, in America.
This ability to share knowledge world wide with all cultures involved will, at the very least change us Profoundly.
Who dose not think the world has been through many Ages?
I there is a limit to the amount of knowledge we are allowed to acquire. And I think we have hit that limit.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think of our new modern day tower of Babel as the "Large Hadron Collider". Instead of going upwards to the "macro" we have gone inwards to the "micro".

Its also interesting to note that one of the goals of the LHC is to find the "god particle" which if I'm correct is the elusive Higgs boson theoretical particle.

Both scenarios involve a ladder to nowhere (IMO) as god is an internal destination not to be reached with external means.

Peace

[edit on 8-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

It would make no sense for God to only allow us to have "so much information" and when we reached the too much, then he ends the world???

That would be extremely counter-productive and would not give him anything at all. It just plainly makes no sense.

If God did not want us to learn all these things, then he would have never given us the capacity to learn such things, we'd be confined to our little mentality with no chance to futher ourselves, physically or spiritually.

I think if there is a God, then he has better things to do then worry about us, because odds are, he created MANY MANY other things that need tending to on a regular basis.

The God particle is only a nickname for a particle that we cannot see, and must bind everything together, (i.e Dark Matter).

Again i don't think God would be angry because were getting smarter.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My first thought was that while the world is a much smaller place and we can instantly communicate with someone anywhere in the world, we still have many languages. Then I realized that there is indeed one language involved; the one than makes the computers and internet operate.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Amazing, The Bible is a supernatural creation, his deep is endless and also is a complete work of art. The full understanding for a limited mortal is far away, only the friends of God are able to get a bit.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

"It would make no sense for God to only allow us to have "so much information" and when we reached the too much, then he ends the world???"

--------------------

Check out this video by Dr.Michio Kaku (www.youtube.com...)

He explains the various stages of civilization although I feel he arrogantly thinks that humans will be able to get around the (death through technology) predicament.

-------------------------------------

For example, think of a circle drawn on a piece of paper. Everything you understand and know is on the inside of the circle, everything you are ignorant of is on the outside. Lets say you expand your knowledge and understanding, now the circle has to grow.. The area on the inside is larger but indirectly the circumference looking outwards has also increased. In other words, you have learned more; but with that knowledge comes the counter-intuitive realization that you're now more ignorant than when you started.

Bottom Line - As the area of your understanding increases in your "circle of knowledge", so does the circumference increase in your "circle of ignorance".

Now as an atheist you might say "so what", with our new knowledge we can just combat whatever detrimental effects come along with our newfound ignorance. And.. You're right, you can.. For a time. Yet for every step of technological progress forward there are 2 steps backward. Most people are unaware of this due to the fact that the world we lived in seemed infinite for a time and those 2 steps backward could be accommodated with more land, resources and more technology... Once we reached the barriers of our world the law of perpetual growth within a finite environment began to rear its ugly head. So now the 2 steps backward we would have remedied with expansion, turned into 2 steps inward. We are feeling the effects of this tightening spiral on an almost hour to hour basis. As we approach the singularity (the beginning of the outward spiral now returning to its home) we bring with it all the energy of our "outward/inward" journey. With that energy we destroy ourselves and then we get to start it all over again.

Peace

PS. For more on this, check out "Timewave Zero" by Terrence Mckenna.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thanks,
This is something that I have probably given too much thought to over the last several years, since about when my mother called me one september morning in 2001, and I wished her a happy armegedon...I thought I was being funny. But that day made me think of things like what is truely different now then the past thousands of years, what if anything could man do to work together to prevent the impending religous war. Looking to space as the salvation of the human race was the best I could come up with.

That being said, thanks for replying to my thread, I had started it before under other titles in other groups with no interest. I am glad to find I am not the only one that considers this new technology(the internet) as a possible universal one language....yes that was my point, not that everyone on the planet speaks english, but that anyone, anywhere can share ideas with anyone anywhere, anytime. And, nothing that we can imagine is outside of our grasp, well, ok, not "nothing" But were pretty close.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

You do make a very convincng point regarding our evolution where technology is considered.

But there will always be people who see these things for what they are, i think that no matter what happens, the species will live on, whether it be with a million or even two.

If anything, we as Humans have proved that we are adaptable and very risilient to change in general. Our problem at the moment is that we refuse to promote any intelligent change.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree with you that "life" will always live on. I just don't believe that the species contained within, will have a static existence throughout.

I look at life more as rushing water flowing through an apparatus like a "Plinko" (Price Is Right) board. The spokes on the board are just situations that life will have to adapt to in its neverending flow through infinity.

Peace

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

The 11's in your post sent chills down my spine.I see 11;11 all the time and not just on the clock. I am bombarded by the #11 every day in one way or another. I guess it's the "end of times" posting with this # in it that shook me up.
See I just got up to get a drink, it's 11:11.
[edit on 15-5-2009 by sickofitall2012]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think that if your trying to find something like the tower of Babel in today's world you would have to look no farther then the financial institutions of the world. Where you have a one unified language , in this case English. The financial institutions are a massive creation of man that defy the face of god. But thats just me looking for a connection between the 2 things in our world.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jman1a

In the Gen 11 story of the destruction of the tower of babel I am not trying to look for the modern day equivelent of "the tower" I was only focusing on a single aspect of the story, that being the one language...that god said would enable the people of that time to be able to acomplish anything they desired...this irritated god as he had comanded men to spread out and fill they earth, and they chose to instead build a city with a tower that they too could be like god...

There is so much that parrallels us today in that small aspect of the story.
And so the idea I am trying to convey is that the internet is like having one language
....but
if I were to try to place a modern day equivelent to "the tower" I would guess just plain modern civilization, we have put so much "FAITH" in our own creations, and a lot of us look forward to what we will create next, possibly finding new medicines and mechanisms that will in effect make us like god's....

oh, and sickofitall2012....numbers are FUN!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
God's purpose for humankind was to populate the earth. This fact is made evident in his command to Adam and Eve in their still perfect condition to "become fruitful" become many and subdue the earth. The fact that he later gives Noah and his family the mandate to fill the earth and spread out in it, obviously shows that he still wanted mankind to populate the earth, even though they were now imperfect and dying.

The fact is that they disobeyed him and banded together to make a city and a tower to heavens. Perhaps this was a tower in defiance to the flood, perhaps not.

But mankind was created with free will and with a wonderful mind. Look at what man has achieved in our era, the technological advancements. Now imagine if God had continued to let mankind live for a thousand years and also let all of them keep the same language. Obviously we could not understand all that would have happened, but God had no problem foreseeing very dire consequences to man if man kept the way he was. This is one of the reasons no doubt why he lowered the life expectancy, as well as confused the languages. Mankind has now achieved in our time what he would have done thousands of years ago otherwise, and would no doubt have ruined the planet and himself long ago.

As God has his times and seasons placed in his own jurisdiction, he foreknew the time of the end, and also foresaw when all of these changes would take place. So he delayed the technological advances man has made by thousands of years, so that while man is now indeed destroying the earth, and has the capacity to annihilate himself, it is in his time table, as we are at the end of the last days, and he will now soon sweep the earth with the broom of annihilation.

If that has played out as a prophetic drama in our day, I find hard to mentally picture, with all of the division and confusion that still abounds earth-wide.

There can only be unity where the spirit of God dwells. We know that the world of mankind alienated from God has not the spirit of God, this is evident in their confusion, their hatred, their disunity.

Only among God's named people is their real peace and unity, really they are the ones that are all speaking the same language, the "pure language" of truth just as the Bible prophesied:

(Zephaniah 3:9) . . .For then I shall give to peoples the change to a pure language, in order for them all to call upon the name of Jehovah, in order to serve him shoulder to shoulder.’

The governments of the earth cannot unify on their own. But they will soon, when God's spirit moves them to unify to destroy the clergy of Christendom and then the rest of false religion.

Satan and his demons will have to watch helplessly as their political element unifies and destroys their religious elements on earth. When that purpose has been accomplished and God removes his spirit from them they will again become disunited. And while Satan will try to mimic God in unifying them again to destroy God's named people we are told in prophecy that will be an utter failure, why in that day the and of each man will be against his brother, for where there is not the spirit of God there cannot be real unity or peace:

(Ezekiel 38:21-23) . . .‘Against his own brother the sword of each one will come to be. 22 And I will bring myself into judgment with him, with pestilence and with blood; and a flooding downpour and hailstones, fire and sulphur I shall rain down upon him and upon his bands and upon the many peoples that will be with him. 23 And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Except that we don't have one language, if we did there wouldn't bilingual people.

English may be very widely spoken/written but not everyone knows it, there are plenty of people who don't.

Poeple from all over the Earth are talking, and with the co-operation of peoples all accross this beutiful planet it appears as though nothing is outside of our grasp.

How much time have you spent on the internet? Global Co-operation? Most of the content online is immature bickering on forums, and of course the endless oceans of pr0n. The internet has just as much power to divide as it does to unite. And there is plenty that seems out of our grasp, I mean look how long its been since we went to the moon last, we should have been to mars by now but they keep pushing the date back.

Sure we have always had earthquakes and reports of wars, famine, hardship, starvation....

Yep. Always. But in modern times, at least in the Western world, things are better than they were before. The average life-span is close to 80 now. If anything it looks like we are further away from the end times than closer.

Honestly though I don't give much thought to such things. Biblical prophecy is obscenely vague and open to speculation and interpretation - honestly the Tower of Babel has nothing to do with end-time prophecy.

A good time to humble mankind? Let's hope God, if there even is one, is NOTHING like the guy from the old testament. If he is we'd better hide our firstborn, because the God of the OT seems to have a thing for killing kids.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The book "Snowcrash" by neal stephenson has some interesting references to both sumerian civilization and the story of the tower of babel. the main character is some kind of elite hacker. and the internet is evolved to where everyone has avatars and you walk around the world, perhaps enter a marketplace , conduct some business, take a speedy motorcycle ride, all while in an avatar of your choice & affordability. free avatars are actually in black & white, low res. Also a good story of the alaskan islanders getting nuked, which i think actually happened. i need to read it again.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join