It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Boing Boing reader J. Howe says, "The US Copyright office has an FAQ on protecting an Elvis sighting."
What Does Copyright Protect? •
• Can I copyright my website?
• Can I copyright my domain name?
• How do I protect my recipe?
• Can I copyright the name of my band?
• How do I copyright a name, title, slogan or logo?
• How do I protect my idea?
• Does my work have to be published to be protected?
• Can I register a diary I found in my grandmother's attic?
• How do I protect my sighting of Elvis? «----------------
• Does copyright protect architecture?
• Can I get a star named after me and claim copyright to it?