It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if our Thoughts are the cause of Paranormal activities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I started to wonder... Could it be that the culprit of many paranormal phenomenons is the very power of thought?
Would it be possible that our thoughts, which are in essence electrical impulses, leave "marks in our physical and non physical world?

My theory is that every thought leaves a trace in space/time. The more powerful the thought the more it is likely to be perceived by others. Strong thoughts of extreme distress could make a room seem unwelcome for example.

Could ghosts and spirits be the materialisation of present and ancient thoughts?
Could aliens be real etheric entities created by our thoughts?
Can we create entities just by thinking about it?

I think it is a good possibility and thoughts may be underestimated.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I would disagree..ive researched so much on ghosts and demons, entities, poltegeists..and I myself played wtih an ouija boared when i was 14, Ed and Lorraine warren were here to help us..
I asked ms.warren many times, what are they? ghosts, demons, shadow people, poltergiets..so many differences between eachother. When we die, our energy is simply passed on into other living things, trees, lpants ect..and sometimes, we dont pass on, hence forth ghosts. It suprises me thiers no actual documentation, of what happens when we pass on, what happens. POltergeists aare not considere ghosts or demons, rather negative energy, and theirs a connection, between thier presence, and a young child( girl usualy) entering peuberty. They jsut come, excorsisms only work for alittle, but it retruns, runs its duration, then leaves, usualy it does, all but a few, the poltergeist continued to follow the person,a nd continue to reek havoc . DEmons, non human entities, annoucne their presence, usualy via pig noises behind a wall, but yet remain hidden when manifestation takes place, then move things around, try to break yuo down emotionally, until possesssion. They often have helpers, known as gimps. Ghosts, spirits of those that are stuck here, for no known reason. Usually, its said becuase they have unfinished buisiness here, or they dont know their dead.
If one were to question any of the above, in an actual interview, i wonder if the demon, spirit, poltergeist or what, would answer? Exception witht he demon, as its their job to lie.. some have thought, and ive often wondered about it, maybe its a time space continueum thing..buti t dosnt logically seem to fit or make sense..
My best guess, is that only way any of us wil ever know, is the day our time comes.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I agree with the OP that this is a strong theory. It has been entertained by the novel "Sphere" by Michael Crichton (good story), and in a couple of X-files episodes.
If the mind has the power to bend spoons, etc like some claim then I suppose that manifestations are possible too.
As far as UFOs though, I'm not sure. In ancient times there is evidence of high tech looking UFOs and aliens showing up prior to people's comprehension of such things. Maybe some sightings could be connected to such a phenomenon though. For instance there are many accounts of specific people being able to attract UFOs at will. The most prominent modern example of this being Ed Grimsley.
Good Thread!

Edit for typo.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I believe the current theory on poltergeists says the same thing that you are saying in your post. It's say something about young girls going through the wonderful time of becoming a lady causes poltergeists activity due to hormones and what not.

Not saying I am right or but that is one of the current theories.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, attitude and thoughts are certainly responsible for poltergeist activity. However, I personally do not think that you can paint ALL paranormal experiences in such a light.

Of course, we all know that we can "psych" ourselves into believing things are there when they are not, but that is a whole other issue.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's a very interesting theory, and I think it is very very possibly the cause of some "paranormal" activity. I think however, that as a whole, numerous things are the cause. I think there are probably some kind of evil spirits or perhaps even ETs or something, then there's mental illness, obviously, then there is hormonal stuff, then there is stuff we just haven't figured out the scientific explanations for yet, and this could include numerous situations and causes itself. Including the thought theory you've suggested.
The reason I can't go with just one thing - thoughts alone - is that there are too many cases where strange things come up and they are completely unwanted, unexpected, the person absolutely will not think about anything potentially unknown/creepy in some cases because they don't want to imagine anything like that could happen, so it is completely, by habit, put out of their mind...and then stuff happens anyway. There's no way to really prove that is an effective way of avoiding the paranormal if thoughts were the culprit, so on the other hand, I dunno...haha...
I just know I've met plenty of people like that and have been like that myself in the past.
THere are quite a few ideas out there - certain frequencies of inaudible sound triggering parts of the brain that are known to light up when people report religious or spiritual 'awarenesses' or visions etc (usually during brain studies with seizure victims), and other stuff.
God knows, maybe it's all the crazy cell phone, wireless internet, tv signals, etc etc finally taking their toll on our brains. I mean, we scarcely understand how all the electric impulses and areas of the brain REALLY work despite the advancements so far in that department.....but we've jumped into using all this technology plus possibly far more that the public isn't aware of yet before we could even know the cumulative effect.

The possibilities are starting to look endless here...hmm...

top topics

join